Transfer Pass transition to Industrial Mine

Where do you think the transition will be? 

I'm guessing Conductor's Dropoff.  It's a named location and looks out onto an open location.

screen_4bf14d55-c3f6-469a-9b66-486f46c1b6bb.thumb.png.4c0e6a33a60a547b0ac8a095d4314f3b.png

There is one other "overlook" but it's not named and looks more blocked off:

screen_f3e00258-ca7e-4f76-8a7c-61967f2e4e7f_hi.thumb.png.d7f85d7e74dea16e5c8054b5422181b7.png

Then there is the rope-climb (with no rope, I've added it for illustrative purposes).  Makes sense this would go up the Mountain Pass region.  Still begs the question, how do you get to the top to attach the rope?  I'm guessing HL will add the rope when they add the region.

screen_4e0c192f-036b-464a-8ee7-688cf385e7e4_hi.thumb.png.fb16928870d705cdab5b06531d4063a7.png

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, xanna said:

My guess is the caved-in cave near the rope climb will be cleared to become a tunnel to wherever, and the rope can be added to make a shortcut back...?

That is Immutable Hesitation.  There are RR tracks and a road along side it.  Both are heavily collapsed.  Clearing that is certainly a possibility.

23 minutes ago, xanna said:

It is, and there's nothing really up there otherwise (except the climbing spot) so my guess is through there and rope back down

Possible, but why have 2 transitions (road/RR & rope climb) so close together?  Why not just use the road/RR to enter and exit the region?  We must wait and see! :)

2 minutes ago, xanna said:

I'm imagining a long and out-of-the-way tunnel that ends up near the top of the rope, so it's a choice between a long walk or a ropeclimb?

I'm so excited for a new map, I haven't got used to the Airield yet!

Ahhh...kind of like FA!  Long walk in (unless you knew about the tree shortcut) and shortcut out (up the path behind the hangar).  Good point!

On 01.10.2023 at 17:03, hozz1235 said:

Как вы думаете, где будет переход? 

Я предполагаю, что «Высадка дирижера». Это именованное место, выходящее на открытое место.

screen_4bf14d55-c3f6-469a-9b66-486f46c1b6bb.thumb.png.4c0e6a33a60a547b0ac8a095d4314f3b.png

Есть еще один «обзор», но он не имеет названия и выглядит более заблокированным:

screen_f3e00258-ca7e-4f76-8a7c-61967f2e4e7f_hi.thumb.png.d7f85d7e74dea16e5c8054b5422181b7.png

The lake in one of your screenshots is very similar to the lake in the concept of the new location

image.png

I've thought about this a bit more.  Ultimately, Transfer Pass with connect with FOUR regions.  We already have 2, let's say, East (FRBL) & South (FA).  That leaves (theoretically) North & West.  My "overlook" pictures look North into an "open" area so this reinforces my theory that the IM will be out there somewhere.  That leaves West (which has the rope climb and Immutable Hesitation) going to the Mountain Pass.  What really throws a kink in this, is that darn Langston Mine sign!  That points West!

Then again, why have a road and RR track into a mountain pass?  I would think that would be for the mine.  I'm so confused! 😄

MOUNTAIN PASS

Steep climbs and some of the rockiest terrain to be found on Great Bear Island hide a remote installation that holds secrets to the Island's dark history. Beware.

Edited by hozz1235

I don't get it, there is a mine entrance blocked just a few meters before the rope-climb spot (without rope). Was I wrong to assume that THIS was the entrance to the Langston Mine ? I mean, the signalisation panel gives 3 directions, and for me Immutable Hesitation was in the general direction of the 3rd one.

I agree though that the view point, Conductor's Dropoff, seems a very good place to hop into another region ;)

22 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Yeah the one on the right when you enter the FA location. Its supposed to be used when going out of the location via the shortcut behind the hangar but it can be goated up and exploited. 

Sorry if it's a silly question, but: how can one goat up in TLD?

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

This is a great game, isn't it?

Sure is! 🙂

Moire specifically, I meant that, while I've been at that particular spot before, seeing it now, with what we know about the Mine, and the fact that it is a possible overlook into the new region to come, it felt great to contemplate a potential "in game view" of what we're all longing for at this point 🙂 

1 hour ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Umm, In the case of getting up the shortcut in FA you actually dont goat just climb up the tree and jump down. 

BUT when i meant goating up i meant this :  GO TO 36:50

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:31 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

I know it's an aside, but it's not at all a silly question. Generally, you can goat up, usually by finding rocks with good angles that allow you to gain a bit of height. Requires quite a bit more patience than goating down, I expect.

• 1 month later...