Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I have no idea about spawns in BI. I assume the devs pack as many TW into the region as possible.

The case does lighten the load quite a bit when I tried it out after getting it. Rather have my crampons and satchel.

Oooo I need to check the bandage supply as well, ty I almost forgot to look at them. I know I'll need a few at least. I know I'm bleeding a few times before the brawl is done.

That's true...  But all those sardines must be worth a fight😁

Well good luck with them and I hope you get enough bandages...  

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's true...  But all those sardines must be worth a fight😁

Well good luck with them and I hope you get enough bandages...  

Lol the TW horde the sardines. It's like gold to them lol.

I hope I have enough of everything lol going to start a fight in purpose unprepared sounds like a great way to end a run lol I know I've said it before: this game is amazing and I love it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol the TW horde the sardines. It's like gold to them lol.

I hope I have enough of everything lol going to start a fight in purpose unprepared sounds like a great way to end a run lol I know I've said it before: this game is amazing and I love it.

Lol. Someone's got to like them,even if it's just the wolves😁

It is certainly a high risk.

And yes I agree..   its the best game I've ever played.   

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol. Someone's got to like them,even if it's just the wolves😁

It is certainly a high risk.

And yes I agree..   its the best game I've ever played.   

If the sardines would only give them food poisoning. You'd think you could starve them out by killing all food around...... Oh they've already eaten everything lol. 

Definitely risky. I don't recommend the brawl at all. I infact would say it's one of the worst ideas I've ever had gaming wise and anyone who survives is more lucky than skillful, myself included.

I agree. One of the best games I've played. Can't think of a survival game or any game besides this one, that a YouTube video had me buying the game.

I watched this once and bam, bought the game. And really, it's the final 2 min that sucked me in completely.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

If the sardines would only give them food poisoning. You'd think you could starve them out by killing all food around...... Oh they've already eaten everything lol. 

Definitely risky. I don't recommend the brawl at all. I infact would say it's one of the worst ideas I've ever had gaming wise and anyone who survives is more lucky than skillful, myself included.

I agree. One of the best games I've played. Can't think of a survival game or any game besides this one, that a YouTube video had me buying the game.

I watched this once and bam, bought the game. And really, it's the final 2 min that sucked me in completely.

I've seen their videos,so funny😁.   Kind of hoping Needs would carry on on this own ,he was doing well.    

Have you watched them all so far?  The first five minutes of the last one cracked me up😂😂

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I've seen their videos,so funny😁.   Kind of hoping Needs would carry on on this own ,he was doing well.    

Have you watched them all so far?  The first five minutes of the last one cracked me up😂😂

Yeah, I've watched Neebs for a good long time now.  I've watched them all.  It's like they made everything horrible so Simon would die so fast. Or it was just a normal looper spawn in BRP and a complete noob at the wheel. I wish they had taken appsros death at the end and treated it like a bad dream and kept going with their story. They truly were trying to have a story to tell in a game where there's nothing but surviving.

5 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Yeah, I've watched Neebs for a good long time now.  I've watched them all.  It's like they made everything horrible so Simon would die so fast. Or it was just a normal looper spawn in BRP and a complete noob at the wheel. I wish they had taken appsros death at the end and treated it like a bad dream and kept going with their story. They truly were trying to have a story to tell in a game where there's nothing but surviving.

Oh definitely a newbie😁.  But neebs wasn't much help, a tin of peaches as a weapon...lol😂

Just now, Leeanda said:

Oh definitely a newbie😁.  But neebs wasn't much help, a tin of peaches as a weapon...lol😂

LMFAO. After rewatching. Was that BI? I thought he wanted him to eat his peaches. I consider myself a decent survivor. No way I could walk anyone through a start. Besides run, find heat and clothing. I got nothing to help a someone else.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

LMFAO. After rewatching. Was that BI? I thought he wanted him to eat his peaches. I consider myself a decent survivor. No way I could walk anyone through a start. Besides run, find heat and clothing. I got nothing to help a someone else.

Yes it was ... Lousy place for anyone to start..😁.   In that case run would've been the best advice I think..  they were still nipping at him even with the flare lit so he was pretty much done for anyway.  

You'll get the hang of everything soon enough...  But you'd be surprised how much you know already.

I thought I'd last five minutes on stalker ,even less on loper ,and despite all the bad habits I've picked up over the last few years I made it past 100 days on stalker.   

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yes it was ... Lousy place for anyone to start..😁.   In that case run would've been the best advice I think..  they were still nipping at him even with the flare lit so he was pretty much done for anyway.  

You'll get the hang of everything soon enough...  But you'd be surprised how much you know already.

I thought I'd last five minutes on stalker ,even less on loper ,and despite all the bad habits I've picked up over the last few years I made it past 100 days on stalker.   

If that was the FM cave, going into there at night would have been a nightmare. I don't think he was meant to make it longer than that. He was supposed to show the normal experience of a first time player I assume. Just BI isn't a spawn location.

Depending on spawn I might be able to survive Interloper now. Same with Stalker.

Oh I know allot, mentally it's not instincts yet. Sometimes I pause the game and go think for 5 min and then make the decision. In real time I'd be ah horrible coach lol

If that was the FM cave, going into there at night would have been a nightmare. I don't think he was meant to make it longer than that. He was supposed to show the normal experience of a first time player I assume. Just BI isn't a spawn location.

Depending on spawn I might be able to survive Interloper now. Same with Stalker.

Oh I know allot, mentally it's not instincts yet. Sometimes I pause the game and go think for 5 min and then make the decision. In real time I'd be ah horrible coach lol

Well in their case they had time to think about it...  That's the beauty of editing..  😁

You could give stalker a try on a side run?   See what happens😊

39 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well in their case they had time to think about it...  That's the beauty of editing..  😁

You could give stalker a try on a side run?   See what happens😊

Lol editing lol that's so true though. I wouldn't even try to create a series like that without thinking things through and having a legit idea of what's going to happen. 

I'm getting so close to 500 on this Voyager run that I don't want to restart just yet. Although on day 501 I will give flying a chance, or let Tom the farm bear have his revenge. And then I'm moving up to Stalker. My assent into the more difficult settings is planned. Voyager is the map learning crutch I'm using. Voyager is easier than Pilgrim to me, I do want a more deadly challenge. I'm just so close to 500 that it seems like a bad choice to start again.

Stalker wolves beware, I'm coming for your skin. I like my wolf coat. Not looking forward to parasite risk, but I'll get through it.

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol editing lol that's so true though. I wouldn't even try to create a series like that without thinking things through and having a legit idea of what's going to happen. 

I'm getting so close to 500 on this Voyager run that I don't want to restart just yet. Although on day 501 I will give flying a chance, or let Tom the farm bear have his revenge. And then I'm moving up to Stalker. My assent into the more difficult settings is planned. Voyager is the map learning crutch I'm using. Voyager is easier than Pilgrim to me, I do want a more deadly challenge. I'm just so close to 500 that it seems like a bad choice to start again.

Stalker wolves beware, I'm coming for your skin. I like my wolf coat. Not looking forward to parasite risk, but I'll get through it.

Well you can have multiple runs but I don't blame you for not doing another one yet..

You might want to be careful with the stalker wolves,they are tough...very.  

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well you can have multiple runs but I don't blame you for not doing another one yet..

You might want to be careful with the stalker wolves,they are tough...very.  

Yeah, if I start a second run in Stalker I'll stop the Voyager run. Or at least I'll just be so into getting set up and whatnot that it will be 200 days in "no time". 

Is it bad that I'm my head I'm thinking it's a good thing the Stalker wolves are tough. It's probably better for developing better habits. Might keep me from starting brawls and learning to be sneaky lol might is the key word lol.

20 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Yeah, if I start a second run in Stalker I'll stop the Voyager run. Or at least I'll just be so into getting set up and whatnot that it will be 200 days in "no time". 

Is it bad that I'm my head I'm thinking it's a good thing the Stalker wolves are tough. It's probably better for developing better habits. Might keep me from starting brawls and learning to be sneaky lol might is the key word lol.

I know what you mean...  I don't really like multiple saves ,it can get a bit confusing.

Well forewarned is forearmed,as they say.😊. I know the struggle damage is high , and they can and do kill in one melee.     Lol.  Well i hope you can get away with using the same tactics but I doubt it..  I'll be glad to be proved wrong though😊

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know what you mean...  I don't really like multiple saves ,it can get a bit confusing.

Well forewarned is forearmed,as they say.😊. I know the struggle damage is high , and they can and do kill in one melee.     Lol.  Well i hope you can get away with using the same tactics but I doubt it..  I'll be glad to be proved wrong though😊

From what I've seen, I know TW brawls are not going to go my way. They already almost don't. If I keep up with my torch habit I think I'll be ok with normal wolves. Maybe not as successful with the struggles, I think that if I check my ambush points and do my quirky and cheap meat tactics for wolf culling I might be ok. I'll definitely be staying closer to home though. At least until I get a good feel for the difficulty settings.  Really looking forward to the experience all together.

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

From what I've seen, I know TW brawls are not going to go my way. They already almost don't. If I keep up with my torch habit I think I'll be ok with normal wolves. Maybe not as successful with the struggles, I think that if I check my ambush points and do my quirky and cheap meat tactics for wolf culling I might be ok. I'll definitely be staying closer to home though. At least until I get a good feel for the difficulty settings.  Really looking forward to the experience all together.

It's funny but I found rwolves easier to handle in story than in survival..  I actually enjoyed running around in a blizzard carrying a body and getting ambushed every five minutes😅.  If you did episode three  or four on the hardest difficulty you should know what's coming... 

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

It's funny but I found rwolves easier to handle in story than in survival..  I actually enjoyed running around in a blizzard carrying a body and getting ambushed every five minutes😅.  If you did episode three  or four on the hardest difficulty you should know what's coming... 

😅😅😅😅😅 I played story mode on the easiest possible. I had no clue other than the YouTube video what the game was about. I really don't even think it was 5 min after finishing the video and the game was downloading and I was playing.

I've watched enough YouTube videos of interloper and gun looper vs TW to know Voyager and what I face is the TW being nice. I'm definitely going to get eaten a few times when I move up.

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😅😅😅😅😅 I played story mode on the easiest possible. I had no clue other than the YouTube video what the game was about. I really don't even think it was 5 min after finishing the video and the game was downloading and I was playing.

I've watched enough YouTube videos of interloper and gun looper vs TW to know Voyager and what I face is the TW being nice. I'm definitely going to get eaten a few times when I move up.

Well if you try episode 4 on anything other than green difficulty then you'd have a very good idea what stalker and loper is like😅.     I accidentally started it on the second level and just died constantly . I didn't even get time to put a bandage on before another mauling. I never died so much in any game ever😁. Didn't take long to go back to green ...  

But you never know on survival, it's partly luck or rng ..   I, sure you'll get the hang of it.watching videos really does help though.

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well if you try episode 4 on anything other than green difficulty then you'd have a very good idea what stalker and loper is like😅.     I accidentally started it on the second level and just died constantly . I didn't even get time to put a bandage on before another mauling. I never died so much in any game ever😁. Didn't take long to go back to green ...  

But you never know on survival, it's partly luck or rng ..   I, sure you'll get the hang of it.watching videos really does help though.

Lol I figured I would play easy mode for the story. I wanted to get the lore without animal death and total harassment. I'll do the same when chapter 5 releases. Other than the first 100 days I did on Pilgrim to start learning the maps, I've played nothing but Voyager. The wolves stalk you in Voyager, and I have heard and completely believe the it, Stalker has almost double the wolves. Hence the name Stalker. I assume unless you kill them, they just follow your every movement.

I mean, you learn the hard way in this game usually. The perma-death really highlights bad decisions. Some you make more than once, some you only make the one time. The brutal nature of this game will keep me intrigued for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

Lol I figured I would play easy mode for the story. I wanted to get the lore without animal death and total harassment. I'll do the same when chapter 5 releases. Other than the first 100 days I did on Pilgrim to start learning the maps, I've played nothing but Voyager. The wolves stalk you in Voyager, and I have heard and completely believe the it, Stalker has almost double the wolves. Hence the name Stalker. I assume unless you kill them, they just follow your every movement.

I mean, you learn the hard way in this game usually. The perma-death really highlights bad decisions. Some you make more than once, some you only make the one time. The brutal nature of this game will keep me intrigued for a very long time.

Oh it does ... I put wolves on max on pilgrim and there were still more on stalker..  they have a nasty habit of turning up out of nowhere😁. You will definitely get stalked, a lot..  I think the scent detection is much further away too so carrying anything is a magnet. 

I don't mind the permadeath, it's the killwalls  I'm wary of..  why some places have them and everywhere else is either ok or an invisiwall I don't know.

59 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh it does ... I put wolves on max on pilgrim and there were still more on stalker..  they have a nasty habit of turning up out of nowhere😁. You will definitely get stalked, a lot..  I think the scent detection is much further away too so carrying anything is a magnet. 

I don't mind the permadeath, it's the killwalls  I'm wary of..  why some places have them and everywhere else is either ok or an invisiwall I don't know.

It doesn't sound that bad yet 😂😂😂 only 140 some odd days left to learn the maps better lol. 

I'm ok with more aggressive wolves. They can only kill me once a run lol

I have mixed feelings on the kill walls. I get wanting the player to manage weight and what's important for the task at hand. Even though most players go around under weight. Ravine to BI comes to mind. You can't just billy goat down and be ready to set up a base. You gotta go through FM for that. But I also get looking at a safe passage down and not being able to take it cause a kill wall exist. Summit in TWM and the mine exit in AC are nastier looking than a few of the paths I've looked at while playing in the ravine. 

14 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It doesn't sound that bad yet 😂😂😂 only 140 some odd days left to learn the maps better lol. 

I'm ok with more aggressive wolves. They can only kill me once a run lol

I have mixed feelings on the kill walls. I get wanting the player to manage weight and what's important for the task at hand. Even though most players go around under weight. Ravine to BI comes to mind. You can't just billy goat down and be ready to set up a base. You gotta go through FM for that. But I also get looking at a safe passage down and not being able to take it cause a kill wall exist. Summit in TWM and the mine exit in AC are nastier looking than a few of the paths I've looked at while playing in the ravine. 

Sounds like you know at least some of them pretty well.  

Lol. That's true.  

There is one way down in the ravine but I wouldn't risk it.  It doesn't take much energy going down the rope anyway. 

There are some places I'd never consider trying ,most of ash canyon is one of them.. but the summit I've done quite a few times, not always the way I intended though😁

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds like you know at least some of them pretty well.  

Lol. That's true.  

There is one way down in the ravine but I wouldn't risk it.  It doesn't take much energy going down the rope anyway. 

There are some places I'd never consider trying ,most of ash canyon is one of them.. but the summit I've done quite a few times, not always the way I intended though😁

I don't know exactly where they are, but I do know they exist in places. Sometimes I look at at sections near rope climbs and debate on the safety of it. Usually drop water and sticks and climb the rope.

TWM is so much better for billy goating then AC. Even if there are no death walks, the falls will kill you lol. I've always wanted to try running the rock around the Miners Folly bear home, to chicken to try, he's only cornered me once on the ledges trying to get to the Folly. He still died, but it was a nerve wreaking experience.

11 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I don't know exactly where they are, but I do know they exist in places. Sometimes I look at at sections near rope climbs and debate on the safety of it. Usually drop water and sticks and climb the rope.

TWM is so much better for billy goating then AC. Even if there are no death walks, the falls will kill you lol. I've always wanted to try running the rock around the Miners Folly bear home, to chicken to try, he's only cornered me once on the ledges trying to get to the Folly. He still died, but it was a nerve wreaking experience.

I've hosted down from one of the lower ridges near the fishing hut but I wouldn't try at miners folly.  

It's a bit of a death trap up there with the bear alone ,if you get stuck in the wrong place..he has fell off the wooden path leading to his den before😁