Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I haven't truly tried to break the boundaries, just what the predators can and can't get up. They can get up quite a bit when properly motivated. The bears are the best. Lumbering grumpy restaurants is all they are. Until they get really upset and you're unprepared lol

Oh I know they can,  same as the deer can run off and die on the top of a cliff somewhere.😁 

7 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Half way up a vertical cliff. Hooray we have mountain goats!!!!! Like how am I supposed to do that.

I spent a lot of time scaling near vertical cliffs and things when the prepper caches were more random...   Not so different from goating down ,just not actually going down..   

Sadly if they run off and die like that then we lose our dinner.    

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I spent a lot of time scaling near vertical cliffs and things when the prepper caches were more random...   Not so different from goating down ,just not actually going down..   

Sadly if they run off and die like that then we lose our dinner.    

If wasn't still so engrossed with learning how the devs designed the area were supposed to go I haven't explored up to much. Just down.

And that's why I hunt bears with scent. They refuse to leave you be lol.

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

If wasn't still so engrossed with learning how the devs designed the area were supposed to go I haven't explored up to much. Just down.

And that's why I hunt bears with scent. They refuse to leave you be lol.

I think they will eventually or if you move away too fast...they're a bit lazy in that way.😁

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I think they will eventually or if you move away too fast...they're a bit lazy in that way.😁

Never give them the option lol. Maybe I'm really lucky and I get them down fast enough they don't flee. Or I glitch them on accident and they don't know what to do. The bears are especially lazy. This field is great to just sleep in lol

12 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Never give them the option lol. Maybe I'm really lucky and I get them down fast enough they don't flee. Or I glitch them on accident and they don't know what to do. The bears are especially lazy. This field is great to just sleep in lol

I wonder why they have dens...   Maybe they won't after they change the pathing .   It'd certainly make the game more dangerous if bears just roamed wherever they want to.

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I wonder why they have dens...   Maybe they won't after they change the pathing .   It'd certainly make the game more dangerous if bears just roamed wherever they want to.

They have dens because the devs knew I would find the game, and I would truly enjoy poking a sleeping bear with arrows and the blatant disregard for the danger you're in. Oh and I was wrong. Only 9 wolf struggles. So I've got a few more days before statistically I'm due for another struggle lold7b585d8-9ba0-44ed-a85b-597184fddc77.thumb.png.8f5aeff4d0098adffaf784ea16d83fee.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

They have dens because the devs knew I would find the game, and I would truly enjoy poking a sleeping bear with arrows and the blatant disregard for the danger you're in. Oh and I was wrong. Only 9 wolf struggles. So I've got a few more days before statistically I'm due for another struggle lold7b585d8-9ba0-44ed-a85b-597184fddc77.thumb.png.8f5aeff4d0098adffaf784ea16d83fee.png

You've certainly killed a few, bears and wolves😁.   

It'd be just as dangerous if they were keeping an eye on you while you wander around in a cave not thinking there's any nearby.😅

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

You've certainly killed a few, bears and wolves😁.   

It'd be just as dangerous if they were keeping an eye on you while you wander around in a cave not thinking there's any nearby.😅

A few, could have a few more bears on the list but sometimes you're busy with a task lol. I wonder if I started with the next time I'm able to play, if killing a wolf or 2 a day is possible, get to 500 days, with 500 wolves lol

I assume I'm always being hunted and I can't see them. To easy to get complacent and get mauled. Even being as careful as in going to be, I still get into struggles.

8 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

A few, could have a few more bears on the list but sometimes you're busy with a task lol. I wonder if I started with the next time I'm able to play, if killing a wolf or 2 a day is possible, get to 500 days, with 500 wolves lol

I assume I'm always being hunted and I can't see them. To easy to get complacent and get mauled. Even being as careful as in going to be, I still get into struggles.

It's definitely possible to get the numbers to tally... As long as you have the weapons.   There's nothing like getting into trouble and finding you've run out or don't have time to reload😁.  Many a mauling has been because they forgot to reload the flare gun.

It's definitely possible to get the numbers to tally... As long as you have the weapons.   There's nothing like getting into trouble and finding you've run out or don't have time to reload😁.  Many a mauling has been because they forgot to reload the flare gun.

I've gotten into the habit of reloading everything possible when I log in. Quite a few of the wolf struggles came from not reloading the flare gun. If I'm honest, if I stopped carrying the get out of jail free card with me, I'd possibly be more cautious when dealing with bears. But since I've found 5 and a gazillion shells, I'm going to use it lol

I should have the arrows for it. If I try this I'll definitely never worry about good food lol.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I've gotten into the habit of reloading everything possible when I log in. Quite a few of the wolf struggles came from not reloading the flare gun. If I'm honest, if I stopped carrying the get out of jail free card with me, I'd possibly be more cautious when dealing with bears. But since I've found 5 and a gazillion shells, I'm going to use it lol

I should have the arrows for it. If I try this I'll definitely never worry about good food lol.

It's only get out of free when it's not an aurora That's an entirely different thing altogether lol😁

But I know what you mean ,I always make sure I'm fully loaded before going anywhere. And I leave spare ammo on every map..  but just occasionally you can get caught out . That's one of the advantages of the rifle over the revolver,it holds more ammo. 

Although there has been a stubborn moose or two who's cost me well over ten bullets before..

It's easy enough to get that many wolves just using the revolver ,even if you can't harvest them all..but it certainly would keep you well fed for a while😁.  Good job parasites isn't an issue.

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's only get out of free when it's not an aurora That's an entirely different thing altogether lol😁

But I know what you mean ,I always make sure I'm fully loaded before going anywhere. And I leave spare ammo on every map..  but just occasionally you can get caught out . That's one of the advantages of the rifle over the revolver,it holds more ammo. 

Although there has been a stubborn moose or two who's cost me well over ten bullets before..

It's easy enough to get that many wolves just using the revolver ,even if you can't harvest them all..but it certainly would keep you well fed for a while😁.  Good job parasites isn't an issue.

Using the bow and waiting till it's point blank range, I normally get one shot kills with wolves, it's just a matter of harvesting then vs leaving.

The moose from yesterday took 2 flare shells and 8 arrows to kill. Bears are normally 2 head shots. I should take advantage of the modern weapons in Voyager more. But I really do enjoy the bow. 

I like the revolver cause hip fire. No aiming just spray and pray.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Using the bow and waiting till it's point blank range, I normally get one shot kills with wolves, it's just a matter of harvesting then vs leaving.

The moose from yesterday took 2 flare shells and 8 arrows to kill. Bears are normally 2 head shots. I should take advantage of the modern weapons in Voyager more. But I really do enjoy the bow. 

I like the revolver cause hip fire. No aiming just spray and pray.

I usually can't get that close to them,  so rifles pretty much the only option....my bow skills aren't great 😁.    It's funny though how the passive unless provoked doesn't apply to wolves...   

That's one stubborn moose....  It's fun watching him run round like Rudolph though😅

I think stalker was the only time I used the revolver, the hip shot does come in useful .. but I hate that you can't move when aiming with it.  

I usually can't get that close to them,  so rifles pretty much the only option....my bow skills aren't great 😁.    It's funny though how the passive unless provoked doesn't apply to wolves...   

That's one stubborn moose....  It's fun watching him run round like Rudolph though😅

I think stalker was the only time I used the revolver, the hip shot does come in useful .. but I hate that you can't move when aiming with it.  

Dang Pilgrim settings lol never letting you have fun. 

I'm not that good outside of known distance holdovers. The TW snipe from the other day, not the first time I have used that perch. Just the first time I didn't have to shoot a few arrows to get the wolf. I'm quite proud of that kill.

He was tough as nails and the hardest moose I've ever had to kill. Just didn't want to die without stomping on my chest.

To me, that's the point of the revolver. It's panic fire. No aiming needed. Just spam the trigger. But you can get stable shots with it because you can't move. Stable but stationary, free but wild. 

5 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Dang Pilgrim settings lol never letting you have fun. 

I'm not that good outside of known distance holdovers. The TW snipe from the other day, not the first time I have used that perch. Just the first time I didn't have to shoot a few arrows to get the wolf. I'm quite proud of that kill.

He was tough as nails and the hardest moose I've ever had to kill. Just didn't want to die without stomping on my chest.

To me, that's the point of the revolver. It's panic fire. No aiming needed. Just spam the trigger. But you can get stable shots with it because you can't move. Stable but stationary, free but wild. 

Oh I still have fun,just not with wolves..  like yesterday I was on crystal lake ,chased the bear around for a few minutes,then I hid in the fishing hut and shot him in the rear as he ambled past.   He should've smelled me a mile off but he didn't. For his crimes ,he got a flare in the butt.😁. Instant kill, .

That's one of the reasons I take broken ribs off, that and I hate the thought of not being able to run😁  

It was a good shot on that wolf, I would've hit the tree ten metres behind him if I'd tried.😅

4 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Wow...12 pages...you guys are having fun over here!

All are welcome 😊.  Maybe you can tell us what 4don was actually about?  

Is it really that many pages.....,You know I live on the forum anyway😅

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Wow...12 pages...you guys are having fun over here!

Lol I mean there's no specific topic. I definitely try to answer anyone who responds. It's just talking about the runs we're having. 

I don't know how so many of y'all can write such good short stories over your adventures. I just ramble with a simi coherent crap lol

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh I still have fun,just not with wolves..  like yesterday I was on crystal lake ,chased the bear around for a few minutes,then I hid in the fishing hut and shot him in the rear as he ambled past.   He should've smelled me a mile off but he didn't. For his crimes ,he got a flare in the butt.😁. Instant kill, .

That's one of the reasons I take broken ribs off, that and I hate the thought of not being able to run😁  

It was a good shot on that wolf, I would've hit the tree ten metres behind him if I'd tried.😅

I wish bears had memories like TW. Oh you're trying to hide. I'll just sleep right here in front of the door for 5 hours. No door on the hut, no problem. I have had a wolf follow me in though. My first few runs we're eventful. 

I'll take the stomp if I deserve it. Lol in the run before this one the BRP moose got me 3 times in one fight. I don't know how I survived nor how I made it back to PV alive but I did😂😂😂😅☠️ I try not to tango with the moose unless absolutely necessary. I've got to be desperate for a long term food source.

That shot had hundreds of practice attempts.

Edited by FaT McMarlin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I wish bears had memories like TW. Oh you're trying to hide. I'll just sleep right here in front of the door for 5 hours. No door on the hut, no problem. I have had a wolf follow me in though. My first few runs we're eventful. 

I'll take the stomp if I deserve it. Lol in the run before this one the BRP moose got me 3 times in one fight. I don't know how I survived nor how I made it back to PV alive but I did😂😂😂😅☠️ I try not to tango with the moose unless absolutely necessary. I've got to be desperate for a long term food source.

That shot had hundreds of practice attempts.

Not sure they should follow you into a fishing hut🤔.  But I have heard of it ,but rarely and it was more bears glitching through the wall and grabbing you...   

Can you imagine it in real life,a man and a grizzly scrapping in a tiny hut😅.  

I've killed about 17 moose on this run but I make sure they can't get me at all... I won't give them the satisfaction..or my son,he always sides with them.😁 I've only been stomped once and I did it on purpose just to see what it was like...  

Three stompings should've turned you into pate 

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not sure they should follow you into a fishing hut🤔.  But I have heard of it ,but rarely and it was more bears glitching through the wall and grabbing you...   

Can you imagine it in real life,a man and a grizzly scrapping in a tiny hut😅.  

I've killed about 17 moose on this run but I make sure they can't get me at all... I won't give them the satisfaction..or my son,he always sides with them.😁 I've only been stomped once and I did it on purpose just to see what it was like...  

Three stompings should've turned you into pate 

I burned 2 or 3 stims for heath in-between stomping 2 and 3. I know that healing was the most painful process. Lost well fed, bear refused to spawn at home so I could eat,  cabin fever, ECT. All the fun things that go with no running or climbing. I got lucky with a small reserver of food and cattail starvation tactics. 

You like taking down the moose more than I like taking down bears 😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆  I don't think I have even come across 10 the entire time I've played lol. I don't look for them regularly, but you'd think I'd stumble upon at least one or two in the world.

The wolves will come right on in if you're carrying meat. They aren't scared of fighting in a hut. A bear in there would be game over. No way for it to path out. Makes me want to try getting a bear into one and see what happens lol

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I burned 2 or 3 stims for heath in-between stomping 2 and 3. I know that healing was the most painful process. Lost well fed, bear refused to spawn at home so I could eat,  cabin fever, ECT. All the fun things that go with no running or climbing. I got lucky with a small reserver of food and cattail starvation tactics. 

You like taking down the moose more than I like taking down bears 😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆😆  I don't think I have even come across 10 the entire time I've played lol. I don't look for them regularly, but you'd think I'd stumble upon at least one or two in the world.

The wolves will come right on in if you're carrying meat. They aren't scared of fighting in a hut. A bear in there would be game over. No way for it to path out. Makes me want to try getting a bear into one and see what happens lol

That bear never spawns when you really need him,lazy thing.😁.   Stims are a godsend. ,despite the psychedelic effects....   Didn't think cabin fever was on voyager....   There's usually bunnies near the small barn,unless of course you really need them..Murphy's law ..

I can imagine exactly what would happen lol😁

Just now, Leeanda said:

That bear never spawns when you really need him,lazy thing.😁.   Stims are a godsend. ,despite the psychedelic effects....   Didn't think cabin fever was on voyager....   There's usually bunnies near the small barn,unless of course you really need them..Murphy's law ..

I can imagine exactly what would happen lol😁

Oh yeah cabin fever is on Voyager lol I don't need a cave though, double bear coat and sleep in the car to cure it. I don't think I can get parasites, but everything else I believe is active.

I wasn't as sure of the game as I am now. I lost so much confidence in my game knowledge I didn't want to tempt the wrath of nature. I did kill the moose but at a huge cost. The orchard pack was there and massive during recovery. Just couldn't get them to come near to the house, where I felt safe. 

I know what's going to happen as well, but for science😂😂😂😂