Gold nuggets found ?

Leeanda

6 minutes ago, xanna said:

You're sure they're not playing Wintermute?

It's possible the new mine will be a goldmine? Not that we haven't already got goldmines, but maybe that will bring the gold?

No she's playing a custom stalker run.

• Upvote 1

The gold nugget spawns in 2 different bunker (of which only one of those bunkers spawns PER sandbox that contains the nugget)

The gold can be found in:

-The small bunker with many papers attacched on the wall (behind green boxes, in a safe)

-The bunker with papers on the walls but with the hallway (hidden in the vents behind the ladder)

Could be related to The Trader. Might be just 'prep work' that Hinterland put into the game on accident. The fact that your friend supposedly found it without the DLC leads me to believes it's not suppose to be there just yet.

Kind of reminds me of a video I watched a looooong time, of someone finding revolver ammo way before the Steadfast Ranger update (or the revolver update). Although that was a very extreme case since the version they were playing was one of the first version released, so roughly 4 years ahead of time. 

Edited by LunarLime
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, LunarLime said:

Could be related to The Trader. Might be just 'prep work' that Hinterland put into the game on accident. The fact that your friend supposedly found it without the DLC leads me to believes it's not suppose to be there just yet.

Kind of reminds me of a video I watched a looooong time, of someone finding revolver ammo way before the Steadfast Ranger update (or the revolver). Although that was a very extreme case since the version they were playing was one of the first version released, so roughly 4 years ahead of time. 

Sounds possible.    I hope we don't have to wait that long for the answer though🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A Lamp said:

The gold nugget spawns in 2 different bunker (of which only one of those bunkers spawns PER sandbox that contains the nugget)

The gold can be found in:

-The small bunker with many papers attacched on the wall (behind green boxes, in a safe)

-The bunker with papers on the walls but with the hallway (hidden in the vents behind the ladder)

Which bunkers, I got Hrv twm and AC this run

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

@A Lamp So they're meant to be there then?  I've checked all caches except hrv and not found one.   And I know it should be empty.

I forgot to tell that those 2 bunkers with the gold are the full of loot ones. Both of em are covered with papers on walls and, if im not mistaking, there should be as well a backpack of the forest talkers. So if you find a bunker with the walls full of paper and a forest talker's backpack, it's probably one of the bunkers with the gold.

I've put 2 links that opens a yt video made by Lithar who explores the 2 bunker that contain the gold (in one he didn't find it because he didn't know about the secret safe behind the boxes.) Keep in mind only one of those bunkers spawns with the gold and it and it could spawn in different regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0RSOXPp84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_LZgdA61k&t=35s

57 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

I forgot to tell that those 2 bunkers with the gold are the full of loot ones. Both of em are covered with papers on walls and, if im not mistaking, there should be as well a backpack of the forest talkers. So if you find a bunker with the walls full of paper and a forest talker's backpack, it's probably one of the bunkers with the gold.

I've put 2 links that opens a yt video made by Lithar who explores the 2 bunker that contain the gold (in one he didn't find it because he didn't know about the secret safe behind the boxes.) Keep in mind only one of those bunkers spawns with the gold and it and it could spawn in different regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0RSOXPp84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_LZgdA61k&t=35s

I have the first one of those in mystery lake . I didn't find any gold though.  I've not even seen a bunker with that second layout in  two separate runs.  

Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I have the first one of those in mystery lake . I didn't find any gold though.  I've not even seen a bunker with that second layout in  two separate runs.  

Thanks for the info.

You're talking about the small one? If so the gold is hidden in the safe which is in the corner of the bunker behind the ladder (you must break the wooden boxes behind the ladder and the metal shelf)

2 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

You're talking about the small one? If so the gold is hidden in the safe which is in the corner of the bunker behind the ladder (you must break the wooden boxes behind the ladder and the metal shelf)

I have broken the crates and checked the safe.. no nuggets.   Actually I ripped everything up I could.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I have broken the crates and checked the safe.. no nuggets.   Actually I ripped everything up I could.

Weird, it usually spawns in the safe, atleast in that type of bunker.

Perhaps the nugget spawn is affected by difficulty, or it has a chance of spawning.

3 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

Weird, it usually spawns in the safe, atleast in that type of bunker.

Perhaps the nugget spawn is affected by difficulty, or it has a chance of spawning.

Possibly ,but I would've thought pilgrim would be more likely to have one if it was based on difficulty.   Probably just random then. 

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the gold nugget was added to the game early on purpose.

In the recent June Dev Diary they stated that the new variants will be available on pre-update saves. I'm wondering if The Trader will be the same way, available on pre-update saves, and the gold nugget was left there for a way to prepare yourself for him when they eventually get added.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LunarLime said:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the gold nugget was added to the game early on purpose.

In the recent June Dev Diary they stated that the new variants will be available on pre-update saves. I'm wondering if The Trader will be the same way, available on pre-update saves, and the gold nugget was left there for a way to prepare yourself for him when they eventually get added.

That would explain it.. seems a bit unfair if it's not available to everyone though.

• Upvote 1

It's interesting looking at the TFTFT roadmap, that things seem to be being released 'in order' as they are listed on the roadmap.  And the trader is listed in between cooking and the ptarmigan, which have been confirmed for the next release.

I don't think there is anything to behold HL to this, and they may well have had to decide to move things about because of the recent difficulties, but it does also raise the question of whether we may get the wildlife refresh* and 1st person animations next time out too- they are listed in between burdock and fishing.

edit- * unclear from roadmap if the wildlife respawn has been released or not- it's down under part ones' free updates, but then in the free updates section it's not marked as released.  I haven't noticed any big changes in animal locations as yet myself.

Edited by Valuable Hunting Knife
stated in main text

16 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

It's interesting looking at the TFTFT roadmap, that things seem to be being released 'in order' as they are listed on the roadmap.  And the trader is listed in between cooking and the ptarmigan, which have been confirmed for the next release.

I don't think there is anything to behold HL to this, and they may well have had to decide to move things about because of the recent difficulties, but it does also raise the question of whether we may get the wildlife refresh* and 1st person animations next time out too- they are listed in between burdock and fishing.

edit- * unclear from roadmap if the wildlife respawn has been released or not- it's down under part ones' free updates, but then in the free updates section it's not marked as released.  I haven't noticed any big changes in animal locations as yet myself.

Well I mentioned that one or two bears have changed their routes  and admin said that that's not expected ,so I'm guessing it's going to be done later .possibly with the last part.  To coincide with the cougars appearance.

I expect the trader will be last as well. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

From what I gathered from mays diary the planned schedule has been modified to accommodate programming difficulties, purely speculation from me but I am thinking we will see things like the  first person, trader, travios, cougar, thermos towards the end as I could see them needing very extensive testing and balancing the wildlife refresh I could see in the next update likely with that and a region being the focuses though I too have noticed extended ranges on a few bear paths as well

On 6/12/2023 at 12:25 PM, Leeanda said:

@A Lamp So they're meant to be there then?  I've checked all caches except hrv and not found one.   And I know it should be empty.

We can confirm that they are meant to be there, but they don't have any current function. Thanks, @Leeanda

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1