Gold nuggets found ?

Leeanda

On 6/20/2023 at 2:16 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

Would anyone be able to provide a screenshot of one of those?

IMG_5843.thumb.jpeg.c5614a4ce83d81599e231f18a2421c63.jpeg

I just found one on my stalker run. Came to the forum to figure it out. It was in the bunker in Mountain Town.

Edited by KingFuzz
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PilgrimReaper said:

And I did, a couple hours after posting this, and 15 min before fading into the long dark.... 🥲

Well that's not the best end result..I'm guessing the gas?    But at least you got the nugget,even if it was short lived..

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well that's not the best end result..I'm guessing the gas?    But at least you got the nugget,even if it was short lived..

Indeed! And indeed, the gas.

Speaking of which, I really got caught off guard by something that seems strange to me, would love people's opinion on it.... so I mostly try to save canisters and run through the gas sections of the mine, and will admittedly use most of the count down to suffocation before putting the mask on if I can't reach a safe place. When I do, the affliction is healed, and I wear it until I reach what I (think I?) know as a safe spot. Then I remove the mark, and bam! the countdown starts again, right where it was, at 5 sec. Before I understand what's happening and can put the mask on, I'm dead.

If the affliction is "healed", shouldn't the countdown start "full"? 

25 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Speaking of which, I really got caught off guard by something that seems strange to me, would love people's opinion on it.... so I mostly try to save canisters and run through the gas sections of the mine, and will admittedly use most of the count down to suffocation before putting the mask on if I can't reach a safe place. When I do, the affliction is healed, and I wear it until I reach what I (think I?) know as a safe spot. Then I remove the mark, and bam! the countdown starts again, right where it was, at 5 sec. Before I understand what's happening and can put the mask on, I'm dead.

I noticed that happening once.. I wondered the same thing..

2 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Some zones have little gaps of clear air then another dead air section you may have inadvertently ran through the good air back into bad but the timer not resetting is accurate it only reset if you take the mask off in good air always check the canister to make sure it’s not draining before taking it off 👍 sorry you got gassed out 

9 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Some zones have little gaps of clear air then another dead air section you may have inadvertently ran through the good air back into bad but the timer not resetting is accurate it only reset if you take the mask off in good air always check the canister to make sure it’s not draining before taking it off 👍 sorry you got gassed out 

Isn't that counterintuitive though, that the counter wouldn't reset since you've used the mask in between?

And thanks... the most gruelling part of it is having to go through Signal Void again before I can come back and pick up where I left off...

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, PilgrimReaper said:

Isn't that counterintuitive though, that the counter wouldn't reset since you've used the mask in between?

I think if you put on the mask, then take it off again, and you are back to 45 seconds, that would make an easy cheat..., so it makes sense that your timer only resets, once you reach a safe spot. The message, that suffocation risk healed probably refers to the fact, that you put on your mask. But I agree, it is misleading.
(I did also try to take it off again, after seeing it, but realized I'm still on 9 seconds, and had enough time to put it back on...)
You can quickly put it on/take it off with the wheel menu, it is under the health section.

What I found though, is that if I'm not overweight, and rested, I can run through all poison gas sections, without the mask - but one.
(Maybe that one also has a smaller pocket of fresh air I have not discovered).
What made me think this could be the case - i.e., that most can be run through - was that the task told me to find something in the mines, and _optionally_ find a mask as well... so the mask would not necessarily be needed to finish it. The only area where I did not find a pocket of fresh air is needed for the tale though...

oh, and also found a gold nugget, inside the mines in ZoC....

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna be "that guy" here.  I don't think there's ever going to be a use for them.  1.  Finding the one in the prepper bunker is by chance, that bunker isn't always full.  2.  If they were meant for something to do with the Trader,  which is a paid dlc addition, you wouldn't be able to find one without the dlc which you can.

I imagine the trader to be a place at the seaside, a box with a price list, where you can leave stuff and the next day you get the exchange.
Would be weird to find another living being.
And if that's the case, maybe there's an economy 'out there'.
Other than that, it is a very good conductor.