Most wind/blizzard sounds are gone or messed up

casper613

It's my first time playing since the DLC got released, and it seems the wind sound effects are completely broken. Light wind, heavy wind, and blizzard audio can not be heard at all most of the time, and seem to be VERY delayed - they start playing 15 minutes after the weather has already changed. Is this a known issue? I've encountered it on both Windows and Linux. Playing in the survival mode. I attached a clip of this bug.

Edited by casper613
  • Upvote 2

I’m having the same issues on PS4 and the wolves aren’t heard till there in me … let me know what you hear (no pun intended) it’s quite frustrating I was in survival mode before the upgrade and I was on day 20004 when I swapped the old for the new!

Same here. PC. I think this one's common since the first TFTFT update. Isn't there another thread? Anyway, it's a weird one. It's totally wrong... but it's kinda nice being able to hear instead of the crazy howling blizzard wind. 😁

Blizzards have been silent for me since the DLC. 

7 hours ago, Kranium said:

but it's kinda nice being able to hear instead of the crazy howling blizzard wind. 😁

It is! However it's also super annoying to go outside expecting a nice day and be surprised by a raging blizzard.

• Upvote 2

I have had this too on the PS4, I had no blizzard sound when I was at the Maintenance Shed in Broken Railroad and also when I was at Old Spence Family Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg and I've had blizzard sounds when I was in Mystery Lake when there was no blizzard but just a very strong wind blowing. 

I've also noticed as well that when there is a blizzard and the blizzard sounds do work that the blizzard sound is not as loud as it used to be, especially if you are inside a building, you can just about hear the blizzard.

I have attached a video showing the blizzard at Old Spence Family Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg that has no sound and also the video in Mystery Lake that had blizzard sounds but no blizzard.

Old Spence Family Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg, blizzard but no blizzard sound.

Mystery Lake, blizzard sounds but no blizzard. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...