TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART TWO Released & THE LONG DARK UPDATED to Version 2.09 (Xbox, Windows Store), and 2.10 (Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation)

Admin

So far I'm loving the DLC, it was worth the wait to get it on my Xbox ^^

I only got one issue when exploring the Forsaken Airfield; I lost control of the character after picking up the handheld radio, I just was able to go to the game menu. I reloaded the save (luckly I had slept before in the big hangar) and it worked ok afterwards. Anyone experienced this on Xbox One?

Cheers,

On 3/30/2023 at 6:33 PM, Admin said:

PART TWO: SIGNAL VOID

A note for players on Interloper: Prepper Caches are have returned to the game, however, there will be no fully-stocked versions. The new Tale also isn’t available on Interloper. 

Can I ask, is this a temporary "until we have it balanced properly" not available... or a "Never going to happen" not available?

I'm also a Loper, and thought I would be able to experience the Tales as a good way of alleviating the mid-late survival boredom that can sometimes kick in.

It would be very annoying to have paid for the Tales and then be told they're only for Voyager and Stalker (FPS) styles.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Captain Jamesy said:

Can I ask, is this a temporary "until we have it balanced properly" not available... or a "Never going to happen" not available?

My sense is that it's the latter.  We've been over this in the other release announcement for pages and pages and pages.  Much more bitter than any topic I can remember related to this game.  I'm pretty much resigned to starting a stalker run to play it.  It's not all bad, the guns in stalker are fun to play with and I'll see the new loot from the first TFTFT release.

11 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

My sense is that it's the latter.  We've been over this in the other release announcement for pages and pages and pages.  Much more bitter than any topic I can remember related to this game.  I'm pretty much resigned to starting a stalker run to play it.  It's not all bad, the guns in stalker are fun to play with and I'll see the new loot from the first TFTFT release.

I'm not so sure, since this is a paid add-on and the feedback on this particular feature (albeit from a small and very vocal set of interloper players) has been largely negative. If you pay extra for something up front and the developer tells you that you're only getting some of what was promised then I'd be pretty pissed, too. There was no mention at all about Interloper players not being able to play the Tales when the DLC was announced or before this set was released.

But you're probably right in that it's best not to dwell on it assumingit never ends up eventually happening.

• Upvote 4

It's been a while for me, and Steam won't tell me any more, but doesn't it say that only ~8% of players achieve the Face The Impossible achievement (survive a day on Interloper). It's not a good number I admit, as the denominator probably includes people who downloaded the game, played for an hour then never touched it again, so not really TLD players in any current sense, but it is the only number I have as a baseline.

On 3/30/2023 at 4:46 PM, ToAsT said:

I experienced this on PC as well after the DLC update, and noted that several other people experienced the same problem. I think I posted in either these forums or those on Steam. In any case, because my old saves aren't usable after the update, I can't go back to them to quickly finish the episode and update the game state. Is there a way I can "trick" the game status into showing Episode 4 as completed?

No, but we can likely make an adjustment to your game via our Support Team to assist you with this. (And we're happy to help!) 

On 3/30/2023 at 5:16 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

Screen captures on the Xbox X appear to be disabled when I'm inside the Microsoft Store, so, sorry, I cannot comply with that request.  Here is an exact quote of the details for the only add-on showing for the game:  The Long Dark Tales from the Far Territory:  "TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY is the first paid expansion pass for The Long Dark's Survival Mode and adds to the game core Survival foundation, with new Regions..., new Gameplay, and and objective-based Tales."

CAD $23.39 with Game Pass or Buy CAD $25.99

Another click on details brings up another Desccription that begins:  Deep along the spine of Great Bear tracks a steep mountain range and bisects the islands.  This is the Far Range, an imposing wall of rock that stands vigilant over Great Bear's priceless resources riches.... "

After a fair bit of text and scrolling down, it ends with Tales from the Far Territory is the first paid expansion pass for The Long Dark's Survival Mode.  Releasing in multiple Parts over the course of a 12-month campaign... (more text and scrolling).... The full Roadmap for the Expansion Pass will be available at www.thelongdark.com/expansion in the lead-up to the December launch.  Please keep in mind that features and content added to the Expansion are subject to development realities, and may change over time..."

The link takes you to the roadmap on this website, but one has to go through an additional click and a lot of text and hoops and outdated information that has changed since to put the pieces together.  I propose that it might be worthwhile to change just a few words in the main description to indicate that the payment includes any and all parts of the expansion that have been released to the date of purchase.

Also, the game pass pricing should be removed since the game is imminently being removed from the game pass.

Thank you for this feedback. 

On 3/31/2023 at 9:01 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

I was hit with another free update this morning on the Xbox Series X.  I'm now at version 2.11.  Any word on what this update changed (assuming it's a hotfix of some kind)?

Thanks for reaching out. You can find this information here: 

I have the long dark on my Xbox but I play on my PC using the Play Anywhere feature. I purchased the DLC yesterday on my laptop via the Microsoft store. However it won’t let me play the DLC. It says that the game is in build 2.02 but the DLC is version 2.11. I’m guessing this means they just haven’t released the latest update for windows 11 PC. Does anyone know when they will bring the update out as it’s rather annoying as I can’t even play the DLC I’ve just paid for. I did purchase the DLC on my Xbox thinking that the DLC would also be Play Anywhere and I would be able to download it on my laptop as I’m signed in using my Microsoft/Xbox account but this is not the case meaning if you want to play on both platforms, you have to purchase the DLC twice which is ridiculous. If anyone can help it’d be much appreciated. 

• Upvote 2

Great game! Does this update fix the survivor rescue mission in episode 3(PS5) where placing the survivors in the wrong location in the community hall prevents completion of the mission? If so would it fix a current play through or only on a new play through of this episode? 

I'm currently at 2.10 on playstation and 50% through episode 3.

Thanks 

On 3/30/2023 at 6:47 PM, Skywatcher17 said:

Hello,

I would like to know two things. Firstly, where did my progress from episode 4 go? I completed the episode (XBox One) but the new update shows episode 4 as not even started. This seems to be listed as a “known issue” upon checking online - please can I ask if this was a known issue before the update was pushed out? And if it was, why was the update pushed out at this stage?

Secondly, why is there a black screen and 2 minutes of loading when switching between the main menu and Wintermute menu? Given there has already been a significant delay releasing this on XBox, it seems really unacceptable that XBox users should be expected to put up with this?

I'm on PS4 Pro and I am experiencing this exact same issue.

I also lost all badges and feats as well as feat progressions after the update again.

20 hours ago, Admin said:

No, but we can likely make an adjustment to your game via our Support Team to assist you with this. (And we're happy to help!) 

Thank you. Should I open a ticket on your support portal, or is there another way to do this?

7 hours ago, keisari said:

i cant get the main games update.

I use the windows store, i own the tales of the far territories and have it installed.

idk what to try anymore.

I have the same issue but nothing I try works. It just will not let me update my game to the latest version so the DLC will not work.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

On 4/4/2023 at 12:26 AM, ToAsT said:

I'm not so sure, since this is a paid add-on and the feedback on this particular feature (albeit from a small and very vocal set of interloper players) has been largely negative. If you pay extra for something up front and the developer tells you that you're only getting some of what was promised then I'd be pretty pissed, too. There was no mention at all about Interloper players not being able to play the Tales when the DLC was announced or before this set was released.

But you're probably right in that it's best not to dwell on it assumingit never ends up eventually happening.

Thanks @I_eat_only_wolf_meat and @ToAsT, I've been busy in a new job and hadn't seen the other pages, I'll look for them now.

I was actually looking for information about whether the new regions and Tales would be playable viz XBox/PC Play Anywhere when I spotted this message, so it came as a surprise.

Rather than starting a Stalker run, I'd consider trying a Custom (if I had any idea which options would prevent the Tales). I found Stalker turns almost into an FPS game later on, which is not my preference for playing Long Dark... and Voyager is too easy.

• Upvote 1

Ok.. after todays update (ps4) we lost the ability to access our inventory, now upon starting the game where it says ‘press any button to continue’ we can get no further, no button presses work. The game is effectively completely broken.

it was fine before todays update

I'll start off by saying I don't really expect anyone will like this post... but I feel it needs to be said.  The only thing I dislike about the new loot system is that it continues to insist on making the rifle rarer and rarer and rarer.  This is stated quite clearly in the dev diary and this has been HL's mindset for several updates now (remember, Raph, when you reduced rifle spawns to add in more spawns for the revolver?) and it is basically turning TLD into a "bow hunting" game.  When a person enables the use of a rifle in their game (either in custom or by choosing stalker), it is often because they WANT to play with a rifle.  The rifle and revolver are also not "craftable" items... playing with one relies totally on finding one.  One can always craft a bow, and I've never heard HL say they're making hammers rarer and rarer and rarer to find or reducing the number of maple and birch saplings in the game... and they've added forges as they've expanded the world.

So, HL... I'll adapt (like I always do) and play with the bow more... but believe me... I do miss the early days of TLD where I happily travelled the world fondly using the war surplus Lee Enfield of my childhood.  As a rifle player I feel picked on.  Sad.  It seems to me that something very Canadian is slowly leaving The Long Dark.

ETA:  https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/why-the-114-year-old-lee-enfield-rifle-is-only-now-being-retired-by-the-canadian-armed-forces

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

• Admin unpinned this topic