Your thoughts on the new Loot table?

I'm also interested to learn of/discover the new interloper bedroll spawns, so far I've only been finding it at the Dam in a pipe near the Winding River transition. It's been super enjoyable so far discovering so many new 'hiding spots' in the game! I'm almost disappointed when I find an item in its "old", expected, spot 😄

21 minutes ago, Glflegolas said:

One thing I haven't found in Forsaken Airfield is a firearm cleaning kit! My revolver is down to 18% and no luck! I wonder where one might be hiding...? Maybe I can find another handgun, IDK.

I didn't either but then found two in the trailer in Transfer Pass.

After being from FA to AC and now back in CH it's clear to me that they've spread out the loot over the maps. For example I found no wetstone and no sewing kit in FA but plenty of them on later maps. No storm lantern either but several in TWM and AC. But FA provided me with very good clothing which was absent on some of the later maps. If this should encourage people to explore the whole of great bear than it certainly works.

screen_ac9398ab-94b2-4250-97c1-100dea118911.thumb.png.407bb97ee739e0c00b9727f95302f822.png

And that's not even all of them, I stopped picking them up after AC because they start to add up in weight :D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

You guys are lucky to have found firearms.  I started in BRR Maint. shed and completely cleared the new areas without a single firearm.  After coming back to BRR, found one in Hunter's Lodge.

A note left behind a visor with a key led to a memento cache near the bear's cave. The cache contained the revolver, a box of revolver ammo, and a pair of worn mittens. As for the rifle, I didn't expect to find it in the usual spot (fireplace in Hunter's Lodge), but it was there. But I'm more of a revolver guy, and since I had already found a surprising amount of revolver ammo, I left the rifle and exited Broken Railroad with just the revolver and — I swear — 81 bullets. 🤠

Edited by Morrick

Another remarkable thing is that i have found 3 (!) climbing ropes on the TWM Peak. 1 in the Plane, 1 in the Peak-Cave, another one in the Cave in front of the rope to the peak. Crazy...

For the People struggling with Weapons: Did you check Quonset and the Winding River cave just before the Dam? On my first DLC Char i found a unique Rifle in Quonset, with the tooltip mentioning that its most reliable, and another unique rifle in the winding river cave, with a "swift and deadly" tooltip. That one is also 0.50 kg lighter compared to other rifles. Wont help with that weapon cleaning kits, but could be useful tho :)

Edited by Shadox

I got two bedrolls in Mystery Lake. They were in the usual locations (the hunting blind at Alan's Cave, and the Camp Office), but on Interloper you used to get only one.

A heavy hammer was even more sneaky than usual though. The devs like to hide stuff in corners and under furniture, but this one tucked way behind one of those lose locker doors so you could barely see the handle. Almost missed it.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:27 PM, Morrick said:

A note left behind a visor with a key led to a memento cache near the bear's cave. The cache contained the revolver, a box of revolver ammo, and a pair of worn mittens. As for the rifle, I didn't expect to find it in the usual spot (fireplace in Hunter's Lodge), but it was there. But I'm more of a revolver guy, and since I had already found a surprising amount of revolver ammo, I left the rifle and exited Broken Railroad with just the revolver and — I swear — 81 bullets. 🤠

Absolutely on point with the spread out on maps! Thats the reason why i do like the new loot system. Of course it can be frustrating to find 5 pairs of combat pants, 4 Earwraps, 2 Mackinaw but no thin wool sweaters. Also found 2 Crampons but no Flaregun and searched everything except FA (there surely has to be one, i bet! thats the most logical spot ever!), BI south, Blackrock and HRV.

But the plus side of the new system is that its much more rewarding to search the entire map. You cant just fully equip yourself by looting Milton and TWM Peak. Or at least you need proper luck for it. Now it does feel rewarding to search even the Areas previously not being the first Choice to loot first, which is a amazing thing. Another thing i really like is that fire-tools are more common. On my Interloper i now have like 300+ Matches and found 2 Firestrikers in 90% Condition. Im the type of player that enjoys playing for hundreds of days, so this will make longer runs more enjoyable.

Im just in the 2nd transition Zone so far and having a blast, the tunnels are wonderfully creepy!

• Upvote 1

So, on my current run I found 4 pairs of climbing socks by basically passing through a few regions. I found more climbing socks then I did any other type. Am I just so weirdly lucky, or is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.63ea9f4fd72c5cf0320c745c1fc3a58d.png

Edit: I'm playing on Stalker

Edited by Ghurcb

27 minutes ago, Ghurcb said:

So, on my current run I found 4 pairs of climbing socks by basically passing through a few regions. I found more climbing socks then I did any other type. Am I just so weirdly lucky, or is this a bug?

image.thumb.png.63ea9f4fd72c5cf0320c745c1fc3a58d.png

Edit: I'm playing on Stalker

I got nine pairs of wool socks and seven pairs of new work pants.
yeah, it's crazy the amount of decent items I have in quadruples too.  lots of clothes and no guns in my game...