Your thoughts on the new Loot table?

Hello all, just like probably most of you i was very excited for the new Update, and after looting several Areas i found something strange about my current save.

I looted entire CH, Milton, ML, PV, BR and FM. I found 1 Wool Pants, no Parka but 14 or 15 Climbing Socks. Best Torsos i found in all those areas are the Mackinaws. Bad luck on my part or is there something off with the high value items?

What is your experience on your new Saves so far? Everything like before? Noticed more or less of specific Items? 

I play mostly on Stalker, didnt start a new Interloper after the DLC, no idea if theres any loot difference for interloper at all.

Excited to hear your thoughts :)

On Stalker I found a bearskin bedroll in the coal shaft!

I'm trying to figure out the loot tables. On 2 interloper runs in PV I have found ZERO matches. not in the farmhouse, barn, not in any cars, the church, community center,  store, houses, that house by the rope to skeeter's ridge, or signal hill. I got to the basement in Skeeter's Ridge but died immediately there due to stupid wolf.

Id love to know where the Interloper match spawn is in PV.

I need to run around in Stalker mode more.  The one exploratory pilgrim run I did at the airfield had a surprisingly sparse amount of loot and also seemed to not be as diverse.... mostly clothing.

lol, I think the dev team is chuckling about the player reactions to the new loot tables.  
Nothing is where it used to be and believe me, I've checked.   upwards of 85% of the containers, cabinets and corpses are empty, so many that I've practically just quit looking into them as it seems it has become a colosal waste of time.  I started playing voyager difficulty when the dlc dropped, where I randomly spawned into mountain town.  Couldn't find a gun or a hatchet anywhere and believe me I've been looking.   I managed to make my way to the airfield, looting and scooting the entire way there and have yet to find any firearms, but luckily I have managed now to find a couple of hatchets as well as a couple of bows and some arrows.  So at least now I'm able to get a little payback.   Fortunately there were no wolves in the area while I was stumbling about the new area exploring and looking for loot, however this has dramatically been corrected by one of the 4 update tweaks that have been issued since the dlc dropped.

I'm not complaining, but I think I'd like it more if the items I do find would be found in areas more likely to contain those items.  Like tools in tool boxes, food in kitchen cabinets, etc.  you know what I mean?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Did you check the Area behind the Curtains at the Comminity hall? Found alot of loot there well hidden and pretty sure thats new. And that sounds like the (guaranteed?) Matches in the Farmhouse cellar are gone as well. I didnt check Airfield yet, not even on a explanatory alt. I like the thrill of exploring a new map with my main Character, and i wanted to go there after getting the AC Backpack.

Another thing i realized is that tools are a little bit rarer but Knifes are still very common, and Matches are like everywhere, at least below Interloper lol. Might try it this Weekend :)

Has anyone found the new Items like Thermos Flask already? Or is it coming with the patches every few weeks?

Did you check the Area behind the Curtains at the Comminity hall? 

YES twice! :( 
Unless I am just missing it because it's pretty dark... it's possible however i'm REALLY looking for them and being thorough...

Edited by stapeliad
  • Like 1

upwards of 85% of the containers, cabinets and corpses are empty, so many that I've practically just quit looking into them as it seems it has become a colosal waste of time. 

Same for me, even in the super-easy modes. (I haven't run Voyageur, just Pilgrim which should be ridiculous with loot, Stalker, and Interloper.)

• Like 1

@piddy3825

Alright, so its not just me. I was expecting to see more varied high value loot in the common Places like PV Plane Crash, Radio Tower etc. Cant complain about guns, i found 4 Revolvers and 2 Rifles so far. 1 Rifle in Quonset, pretty much right after starting. First hatchet tool a while for me as well, found it in the cave between milton and ML. Didnt bother me since i only take an axe into areas that have the shrubs blocking your path, otherwise i just take knife and hacksaw with me.

It seems like they made the high tier items less likely and tools less frequent. I didnt experience the many empty containers yet, Piddy. If i had to guess, i'd say in 75-80% of all containers is at least a chocolate bar or jerky meat.

Spawned in BRR with Pilgrim loot settings.  Looted Maint Shed then off to FA.  Looted transition and hub good.  So far in FA, I did find an exp. parka (which I was SUPER excited about).  No firearms but 3 bows.  Kind of been fun hunting with 3 arrows and bow level 1!  Found a good amount of tools, a balaclava, snow pants, combat pants, 1 climbing socks, no good shoes or inner shirts.  Took me forever to find a sewing kit (or fishing gear) so that was a challenge.

I'm getting pretty close to having FA fully looted (afaik).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Spawned in BRR with Pilgrim loot settings.  Looted Maint Shed then off to FA.  Looted transition and hub good.  So far in FA, I did find an exp. parka (which I was SUPER excited about).  No firearms but 3 bows.  Kind of been fun hunting with 3 arrows and bow level 1!  Found a good amount of tools, a balaclava, snow pants, combat pants, 1 climbing socks, no good shoes or inner shirts.  Took me forever to find a sewing kit (or fishing gear) so that was a challenge.

I'm getting pretty close to having FA fully looted (afaik).

speaking of bows, have you noticed how your bow now seems to be a bit more powerful?  I'm constantly overshooting my targets now when I aim with a little arc like I used to.  I'm kinda liking the added range to the weapon, but still struggling to get dialed back in.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hmm, the find of the Parka on FA is interesting. Maybe the best Items are more likely in new Areas now? My Balaclava was in the Snow next to Poachers, right before the train. I NEVER expected it to find it there, most Balaclavas been in the Desolation Point Whaling-thing.  That was a sweet surprise :)

@hozz1235: try CH, i found 2 Mukluks there. Seems like my current Save has alot of luck with his foot, having 15 climbing socks and 2 mukluks...🤣 Isolated Boots been in Camp Office if i recall it right. Another pretty unexpected find there.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the loot I've found in FA.  I didn't expect to find so much.  Although, I did have to live on rabbits and cattails for a looong time!  I'm finishing up mapping some "dark areas" then it's back to vanilla.  Not looking forward to that long trek back.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Like 1

I was reading that the made the trek literally far. Which is in my opinion a good thing. Fits the game very well, im excited for that. Even the trek to Blackrock felt pretty long, but i guess now its even further? As soon as i have my AC Backpack i will go for it :)

Hmm can't say I notice much difference on my Stalker run, the only rare items in my playthrough are hatchets, wetstones and sewing kits. I've only been to AF, TF, BRR, breezed through FM without picking up anything and have now been in ML to Trapper's, Lookout, Camp Office and looted about half of the fishing huts (one had a real, not improvised hatched, yey).

I found two rifles, a pistol, 4 mag glasses, countless bows (they overdid it a bit with the bows I think), lots of ammo, several pots, prybars, hacksaws, 2 knives and much more, but only one storm lantern and one improvised- and one real hatched. Plenty of food though which had me going for 40 days, almost the only meat I ate was a moose for about 15 days and very decent clothing, including expedition parka, two cargo pants (which are being replaced with deer pants), fisherman and cowichan sweater, multiple climbing socks and work boots.

As of this writing a bear hide is curring, I already have the moose satchel, made myself some crampons and the only thing missing is the technical backpack and real crampons. I wear the wolfcloak for now but it has truly become useless, weighing twice as much as the expedition parka for the same temperature bonus.

All in all I'm having a blast and I'm not really missing anything crucial except for skill books, I haven't found too many of them yet (4 or 5).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shadox said:

@hozz1235: try CH, i found 2 Mukluks there. Seems like my current Save has alot of luck with his foot, having 15 climbing socks and 2 mukluks...🤣 Isolated Boots been in Camp Office if i recall it right. Another pretty unexpected find there.

yeah, Mukluks which used to one of the rare items in the game are now pretty common place.  I've found no less than 3 pairs since I started playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thats astounding, Chillplayer, your run seems complete opposite to mine. Whetstones are still very common for me, im literally SWIMMING in Sewing Kits, i dont think its exaggerated to say i have 50+ of them. Hatchets are indeed rarer, yep. Storm Lanterns are very common here as well, i have 4 in Jackrabbit island, 1 with me, 2 in ML Hunting Cabin, 1-2 destroyed for Oil and some scattered in Milton. Just found 1 Bow, but rather many Arrows. Found pretty much the same Skill Books as before, but i noticed that there are alot more Blue Flares. Had even 2 right next to each other in the crystal lake fishing hut, around 10 waiting in ML Hunter lodge for that BI Trip. Maybe one or two of the next Regions involves Timberwolfs? Or maybe just moved from Timberwolf regions, so that you have to bring it?🤔

Overall, from what i have read now it seems that its very much randomized what - and how much loot you get. The good thing is that its much more exciting compared to fixed loot tables. The disadvantage is that you can find 15 Socks and no Parka or Pants... :D

But im having a blast too and im looking forward to all those great changes!

1 hour ago, stapeliad said:

I'm trying to figure out the loot tables. On 2 interloper runs in PV I have found ZERO matches. not in the farmhouse, barn, not in any cars, the church, community center,  store, houses, that house by the rope to skeeter's ridge, or signal hill. I got to the basement in Skeeter's Ridge but died immediately there due to stupid wolf.

Playing on Interloper, I found matches in the PV Farmhouse on the same metal stand they're usually on, but one shelf above - i.e. where the static spray paint spawn used to be.

I believe there was also a box of matches at 3 Strikes...the loot there used to kinda suck (or hit/miss at best, IMO) so I wandered over there and there were 2 hefty deer carcasses and...a wolf carcass...? Very interesting addition, if intentional! Good loot as well, plus saplings, worth it i think if you have the fuel/means to stay for a bit. 

Obviously the matches i mentioned aren't set spawns though, since many others have also lamented a lack of matches in the region. Just possibilities for other survivors, I suppose. 😅

4 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

yeah, Mukluks which used to one of the rare items in the game are now pretty common place.  I've found no less than 3 pairs since I started playing.

I had to finally break down and use my only 2 deer skin to craft some boots.  Those tennis shoes were killing me...

• Upvote 1

I am still surviving on interloper, because I found a magnifying glass and a fire striker early, but not a single match and I searched in 5 regions so far. I dislike that items are not in places where it would be plausible to find them, for example just a few matches left from a box on a dead body. if people are out there in the wilderness wouldn't it be likely for them to carry some matches? or perhaps an empty box of matches now and then?

• Upvote 1

Obviously the matches i mentioned aren't set spawns though, since many others have also lamented a lack of matches in the region. Just possibilities for other survivors, I suppose. 😅

I REALLY looked for those matches on the Farmhouse basement....

No matches in PV wouldn't bother me except the only way to leave would be going to Timberwolf Mountain.
But by the time you have looked for matches it's a little too late.......:wolf:.......for me at least! 

Edited by stapeliad

2 minutes ago, nGueRRe said:

I am still surviving on interloper, because I found a magnifying glass and a fire striker early, but not a single match and I searched in 5 regions so far. I dislike that items are not in places where it would be plausible to find them, for example just a few matches left from a box on a dead body. if people are out there in the wilderness wouldn't it be likely for them to carry some matches? or perhaps an empty box of matches now and then?

Wow.
Even for Interloper, I dislike this.

Crazy, just Crazy. Reading how scarce Matches got even for Interloper, while looting like 5 Firestrikers and a Box of Matches with 148 (!) Matches from a single TWM Container is just insane. Previously, PV was my fav interloper spawn. Looting farm => plane crash => CH south houses => DP and forge was a quick and comfortable way to get started. Doesnt seem that good now, with people finding not a single match there.

Ps: That TWM Peak had what every other Area previously lacked. Found 3 Snow Pants, 3 Wool Pants, 1 Exp Parka and another pair of insulated Boots there. While other usually good loot areas (and especially BR hunting lodge) felt disappointing, this made up for everything

2 hours ago, stapeliad said:

On Stalker I found a bearskin bedroll in the coal shaft!

I need to run around in Stalker mode more.  The one exploratory pilgrim run I did at the airfield had a surprisingly sparse amount of loot and also seemed to not be as diverse.... mostly clothing.

yeah, I did too on voyager.  seems to me this probably gonna be one of the "new" guarnteed spawn points for the bearskin bag.  do you think that might be likely?