Floating Bear Glitch (and two others?)

You know AirBnB has gone downhill when you want to check in but find a sleeping bear floating at the entrance. I was forced to seek other accommodations. However, his snoring sound followed me halfway across the lake. LoL

I have also noticed that after 10 days in Voyager, I have only seen two wolves. Not sure if they have become endangered in the Far Territory.

Also, it seems that when we pick up clothing we don't automatically wear it. That was they way it worked for a long time, but I could have sworn the more recent iterations of the game had us putting it on automatically if there was an open slot for that type.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The bear was glitching for me too, but it wasn't sleeping, just trying to walk on a wall.

The wolves, I too thought they were gone the way of the dinosaurs when I entered the map, but at least on higher difficulties there are quite few of them once you get going. Most of them are on the lake ice or snow plains, few (ocasassionally) in the corner forests. One appeared next to that cabin in the upper hills.

The clothing thing, that's how it has always worked? But I don't know if it's been like that in the easier modes. I think in the Story it auto-wear clothes.

Edited by Mistral

13 hours ago, FluffyComeHome said:

You know AirBnB has gone downhill when you want to check in but find a sleeping bear floating at the entrance. I was forced to seek other accommodations. However, his snoring sound followed me halfway across the lake. LoL

I have also noticed that after 10 days in Voyager, I have only seen two wolves. Not sure if they have become endangered in the Far Territory.

Also, it seems that when we pick up clothing we don't automatically wear it. That was they way it worked for a long time, but I could have sworn the more recent iterations of the game had us putting it on automatically if there was an open slot for that type.

Thank you for reporting! If this happens again, please don't hesitate to file a bug report: hinterlandgames.com/support

We are currently investigating this issue. 

23 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I saw this yesterday and submitted a ticket.  However, when I transitioned to the hangar to retrieve my bow, then returned, he was walking normally on the lake.

Thank goodness. Flying bears might be a bit too challenging, all things considered. (We appreciate your patience, and this issue is still on our radar, just in case.) 

Hello. Rabbits behave strangely. sometimes rabbits don't run away as soon as they see you. Sometimes it's possible to get close to them before they decide it's time to run.

Sorry for being off topic. I just wanted to point out that all animals behave strangely.

41 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Slightly off topic and pre update but I skinned a twolf while it was standing there wagging its tail this morning.   Id rather have the floating bear,it's less creepy. 

Little puppy-dog eyes as you're peeling it's skin and flesh off...you're ruthless! ;)

6 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Little puppy-dog eyes as you're peeling it's skin and flesh off...you're ruthless! ;)

Have you seen a twolves eyes? There's nothing puppy like about them.😁.  

I was hoping it'd keel over after but it didn't until the next morning. 

Just now, Leeanda said:

Have you seen a twolves eyes? There's nothing puppy like about them.😁.  

I was hoping it'd keel over after but it didn't until the next morning. 

LOL, I was trying to play off your (obvious) puppy sentimentality (seeing your profile pic). 🐶

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

LOL, I was trying to play off your (obvious) puppy sentimentality (seeing your profile pic). 🐶

That's different.  Apart from bunnies anything's fair game.even Astrid!😁

My profile is a spitting image of my last dog and I'm actually a big lover of wolves too .  

3 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

When TLD first came out, my daughter had a pet bunny.  She also liked to watch me play.  I had to make a point not to hunt rabbits (and especially wring their neck) while she was watching!

That must've made it difficult if you were desperate for food.    She was ok with everything else then?  

On 12/8/2022 at 5:07 AM, FluffyComeHome said:

I had exactly that at exactly the same location. Took me a sec to figure out what it was; it was a challenge to figure out what I was looking at!

I don't think it's really floating, I think it's sleeping on top of that rock but it's not exactly aligned properly.

In my game, he spawns on that rock, either sleeps or walk around in circles on the rock. I've tried various ways to get him to attack me, throwing stones, flare gun, revolver and rifle, but he can't get off the rock. It seems broken.

Edited by Jotunheim