FYI - Known Issues [April 6, 2022]

Admin

Hi Community,

We just released the v2.00 Update! Please note that we are also working on a couple of known issues:

• Steam Deck: Players who use the Frame Lock option during gameplay may see black rectangles instead of tree art. There may also be an increased chance of crashes.
  • PS4: Players on PS4 may notice that they are missing HDR after the update. Additionally, this issue could mean that brightness controls might not work. We are working to resolve this.
  • All Platforms: Surveyed Locations are not accurate in the Collections > Surveyed Locations section of the Player's journal. Players will still be able to Survey locations, check which locations need to be discovered, and unlock the Faithful Cartographer Achievement.
  • All Platforms: The voice Volume Slider audio option will not change the volume of voice lines.

We are working to remedy these issues and will provide an update when one is available. If you would like to let us know about any other bugs, please reach out to us via our Support Portal.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for playing The Long Dark!

Unable to light a torch with a fire, except torch on the ground.

Entering an interior location without a loading screen (ie. Mountaineer's Hut) makes the surrounding sticks, branches and limbs to despawn. This is not new to v2.00 (91441), but still an issue.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:25 AM, zfp said:

Unable to light a torch with a fire, except torch on the ground.

Entering an interior location without a loading screen (ie. Mountaineer's Hut) makes the surrounding sticks, branches and limbs to despawn. This is not new to v2.00 (91441), but still an issue.

Hi Zfp,
the sticks and branches are reappearing after You pass them, walk along about 30m and then turn around. I reported this as a bug.

Thank you for the continued feedback. We added the line below and will continue to monitor and investigate ongoing issues. 

• Players on PS4 may notice that they are missing HDR after the update. Additionally, this issue could mean that brightness controls might not work. We are working to resolve this.

I am wondering how frequently updates are realesed ? Is there any schedule for it ? Problem with HDR/brightness on PS4 made me to stop playing as in all indoor locations I have to use light source. I am couries if fix is a matter of days or rather weeks / months.

14 hours ago, piorun314 said:

I am wondering how frequently updates are realesed ? Is there any schedule for it ? Problem with HDR/brightness on PS4 made me to stop playing as in all indoor locations I have to use light source. I am couries if fix is a matter of days or rather weeks / months.

There is no set schedule, and we hesitate to give estimates as they can change based on a number of variables. We can confirm that we are currently working on this issue, and we will provide an update as soon as one is available. 

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds crazy, but the audio bug is making the game so hard to enjoy, having a loud, hoarse panting in the headphones every 5 seconds gets REALLY tiring. I know you dont like to make statement about when things will be fixed, but with a complete lack of understanding of game development, this seems like an easy fix ;) thanks you your hard work!

• Like 1

Unfortunatly, hinterland is not one to make a quick-fix patch to small problems. Usually, small changes or easy fixes, however gaming-breaking, will have to wait till the next big patch. (Like the blackrock insta-kill zone that wasn't patched for months) while I may not agree with this approach, it does ensure that there are no new bugs added with a small patch, as it's tested extensively beforehand.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two very minor things..!...

No blood or footprints after a definite hit.. not always ,seems random..

I dropped a cleaning kit on the floor and it became invisible. The hitkey was still there but just couldn't see the item.

Something is wrong with cabin fever risk. I was at 50%, went to an outdoor cave, and now it's completely gone. There's no way it would have reduced that far in the few in-game minutes it took me to get there. This has happened several times now.

17 hours ago, piorun314 said:

Hi. It's being almost 2 months while HDR issue make playing not possible on PS4 as brightness can be increased. Any update when it's going to be fixed ?

We are still working on this issue, but we hope to share more information soon. Thanks again for your patience. 

5 hours ago, Andy_K said:

Something is wrong with cabin fever risk. I was at 50%, went to an outdoor cave, and now it's completely gone. There's no way it would have reduced that far in the few in-game minutes it took me to get there. This has happened several times now.

Hi Andy -- are you able to capture video or images of this? If you file a ticket via our Support Portal with some additional information, that would help us investigate further: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We're happy to help however we can. Thank you for your patience. 

I always play Custom with Survival monologue disabled. Gone are all the horrible phrases and gasping sounds. It's insane that this is the only way you can do it, but here we are.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2022 at 12:27 AM, Admin said:

Hi Andy -- are you able to capture video or images of this? If you file a ticket via our Support Portal with some additional information, that would help us investigate further: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We're happy to help however we can. Thank you for your patience. 

Hi, I have replicated the disappearing cabin fever (Xbox series X) and submitted a ticket through the support portal with a link to a clip demonstrating the behaviour

Edited by Andy_K

On 5/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, Andy_K said:

Can confirm this can be very reliably reproduced. It happened to me as well with the Arch Cave in Crumbling Highway after I got Cabin Fever while being inside the house on Jackrabbit Island in Coastal Highway. Seems to have something to do with outdoor caves?