Off grid fixer upper - Dining in Style

piddy3825

1.thumb.png.80cb2b3dc6a2114a525f705fc19a2373.png

It's taken considerable effort getting the old neglected lodge back into shape. 
Busy as a bee, I've been crafting the new tables and chairs to replace all the old broken furniture
and even managed to weave a new rug for the fireplace.
Huge effort has been worth it!

The old lodge is now officially open for fine dining and the staff has been very busy indeed getting the lodge ready for new guests!

screen_722f6dca-2884-4dbd-9c36-12712179c27b_hi.thumb.png.db37aa6c741dd0cd8dd4cebd4e6244f6.png

First thing we did is fix all the masonry around the fireplace and hang up a few more gun racks! 
I've even managed to find the old Bear Spear and return it to it's rightful place at the head of the fireplace.

screen_bad19218-836c-4600-9f90-05e2eaa77c06_hi.thumb.png.9ea570bf1ea61b7b015ed649050629de.png

The "library" has been restored and the skill books updated for our guests reading pleasure.

screen_a7f4c55c-2622-499d-9f08-b6f378d82b12_hi.thumb.png.e820bdcf5f85adba93457e2cbdde8a40.png

The larder is slowly being refilled but now sports a good variety of dry goods and canned items.  Soda pop is still a limited commodity so please limit
yourself to one can when you visit.  Oh, and don't touch the Stacy's Grape...  yeah, those are mine!

screen_32b710d5-977b-41be-9ea5-a296900afb93_hi.thumb.png.dc0982af15174b06436351ff3e4f8084.png

Wolf steaks are on the menu this week since we had to cull the local pack a little these last few days.  

screen_b5f25eec-af75-47d1-81c8-33282489c73a_hi.thumb.png.bf0ed32b458083ea44e428556e3e57c7.png

We're also making a nice fish chowder with all the brooktrout and small bass we hiked in from Mystery Lake.  
I do like a Manhattan style fish chowder man with tomato soup and fortified red wine.  Simply Delicious!

screen_e8c2156b-ea84-4c24-a285-4c42c827de2b_hi.thumb.png.fd4a8b0fc0ae75f3f7feb2aa490d0bce.png

There's now plenty of seating, smaller tables for two for more intimate settings

screen_9f356104-7ba8-47df-a0da-15f64475060c_hi.thumb.png.c5d584790d7ad86e6e0603e81d511484.png

complete with candle light 

screen_caf4c9a8-032e-417d-868a-e2104fbd9892_hi.thumb.png.bbcdc1863eb25fccf83715b4c70a3f95.png

or banquet style seating for larger groups.  Our biggest table can comfortably seat up to 10 guests for a fun and festive fine dining experience.

screen_fa1704a2-e54d-4e0f-aa38-9934ea7e4b14_hi.thumb.png.69c356c301f9fc9fa2cc780fb4dffe5b.png

Come join us for some culinary delights as we delve into channeling our inner Emeril Lagasse and "BAM" kick it up a notch!

screen_bbbc7f85-72bc-42d5-ba79-d531f958a273_hi.thumb.png.ea941d7bb47a7b38958d8a45a96e6ad4.png

And after a fine meal, join Foxey and me for a nice cuppa tea by the fire.  

Hope you enjoyed the food!

please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion 
in the space provided below, we would love to hear 
from you about how we can make your next visit 
that much more enjoyable.  
Thank you,

The Management

• Upvote 4
  • Like 7

Looks Great!!  Definitely shows how much promise there could be in some of the buildings. I love the little tables for 2!

Kudos!

(Alltho' I'd probably store those big bloody meat quarters down in the basement)  ☺️

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Looks Great!!  Definitely shows how much promise there could be in some of the buildings. I love the little tables for 2!

Kudos!

(Alltho' I'd probably store those big bloody meat quarters down in the basement)  ☺️

With all the orders the chef has been getting for his wolf kabobs, it won't be long before those are gone!
Besides he likes to show off with how fresh his dishes are by allowing guests to pick their own meal from one
of the "catch of the day" meat bags!

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, acada said:

Can I get reservation for one person, two weeks? I will be coming in 10-15 days depending on weather. I am done with my work in Ash Canyon.  Can I pay in gold? Found some in the mine.

Keep the gold...

Do you have any toilet paper?

• Upvote 2

Hi, could I book in a reservation too @piddy3825? My survivor recently got mauled and nearly froze to death over in FM so I feel like a fresh, homecooked meal could help with his trauma. As I'm close by, I can be booked in asap,at least before I get mauled again

I did have toilet paper but the wolves stole it 😔 Any other form of payment? 

17 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Deal!
@acadawhat time did you want that reservation for?

I might be delayed. My friend Carl was in the Mystery lake office. Now he is missing. Maybe he headed your way? He was calm man. Always sitting near stairs in the office. Now he is nowhere. 

8 hours ago, peteloud said:

My only complaint is that it looks a bit overdone around the stove.

what's a cooking area without counter space?  I'm sure the chef is thinking he needs everybit of space!  lol
Well at least he's practicing good food preperation skills by keeping the meat and fish separated, no chance of 
cross contamination, am I right?

ding ding ding!
Order UP!!!

This is a great example of what I like about TLD.  There can be a million personal challenges of your own making.  piddy3825 has set himself the challenge of turning the lodge into a restaurant.  I bet that it took a much work and great care.  It is great. Some people want to find remote locations, some the biggest fish.  The list of possible self-imposed challenges is endless.  I am also impressed when I read of someone's attempt work out technical issues, it might be the best set of clothes to wear, or comparative food values.  I think some of the maps that have been created are superb, although I think that using them is a big cheat. TLD gives people fascinating challenges.  Conversely I get irritated when I read of people boasting of their Interloper successes but 'forget' to mention that they used maps, mods & spoiler websites to achieve that.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Catlover said:

Hi, could I book in a reservation too @piddy3825? My survivor recently got mauled and nearly froze to death over in FM so I feel like a fresh, homecooked meal could help with his trauma. As I'm close by, I can be booked in asap,at least before I get mauled again

I did have toilet paper but the wolves stole it 😔 Any other form of payment? 

Hmmm,   I'll gladly take rifle and revolver cartridges as payment.  Seems I have enough tp now with all those rabbit pelts...

• Upvote 1

Thanks, @peteloud, appreciate the feedback!   
I think I could adjust those tables by pushing them back into the wall and evening up the edges to correspond with the stove.   It would defintely make more sense to 
have them flush with the edge of the stove in terms of appearance and practical functionality!   

The furniture crafting is from a new mod I was testing and I think it's one you might be interested in using in your gameplay as well.   It obviously doesn't affect your character's performance so I think you'd be on board with it.  The mod does however take a ton of resouces in order to craft the furniture and rugs.  24 pieces of cedar for one table, so that is a lot of chopping and wood gathering not to mention having to actually forge the nails used in construction as well!   The mod's author, @stmSantana, has done an excellent job in developing this oustanding enhancement for this magnificient game.  

7 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Hey @peteloud,

I set back the tables so they are flush with the stove.

Better?

screen_dff87408-3db7-40da-a645-99a734e4f29c_hi.thumb.png.c682e0aedf45dcc7d24c788a98c65776.png

or still too much clutter?  

Not petecloud but thought I'd add my own two cents 🙂 It appears perhaps a little crowded around the bottom with all the reclaimed wood and coal but of course there is nothing you can do about that. 

It looks loads better now though and can't wait for the cutlery 😉

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

It appears perhaps a little crowded around the bottom with all the reclaimed wood and coal but of course there is nothing you can do about that. 

It looks loads better now though and can't wait for the cutlery 😉

I'm sure a restaurant would keep it's wood and coal out of the kitchen, apart from the immdediate needs.  I think those bags of quartered bear, or whatever, look gross.  I don't think a restaurant would have those on public view.

I dont know. It seems like appropriate amount of meat and coal for one big night event. I think Carl is on his way to the lodge, and I am following. Here I can see some guests as well and who know how many other people are heading there. 

It will be quite a feast.

You can expect me in three days. Those rabbit pelts are quite a heavy burden to carry over the swamp.

Edited by acada
  • Upvote 1

On 3/17/2022 at 4:37 PM, acada said:

I dont know. It seems like appropriate amount of meat and coal for one big night event. I think Carl is on his way to the lodge, and I am following. Here I can see some guests as well and who know how many other people are heading there. 

It will be quite a feast.

You can expect me in three days. Those rabbit pelts are quite a heavy burden to carry over the swamp.

Oh so you're who I saw whilst trekking towards the restaurant, wondered who it was. Can't wait for my meal, Will is pretty hungry! Of course, I haven't forgotten the ammo! What do you think you'll have, there seems to be a lot of choice with the food 😋

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

... Can't wait for my meal, Will is pretty hungry! Of course, I haven't forgotten the ammo! What do you think you'll have, there seems to be a lot of choice with the food 😋

I think the chef is planning a special menu for your visit!

It'll definitely be a surf turf dining delight!

The appetizer with be GBI's New England Style Fish Chowder 
A thick and creamy style fish soup appetizer that warms you up with each bite!

The turf portion is Moose Kick Coffee Rubbed Moose Steaks
A Mountain Man favorite on GBI.  Coffee and meat, what's not to like?
Meat, it's whats for dinner!

There will also be plenty of side dishes
Twice Baked Pork and Beans
Hot peaches in Maple syrup
Tomato Soup Dipping sauce

and of course the dessert bar featuring
Saltine Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunchers
Mountain Man Cocoa
A deliciously sweet warm beverage sure to bring sweeter memories of childhood 
and my favorite dessert treat Peanut Butter Freezer Chewz
Yummy, sweet, salty, sink-your-teeth-in delicious peanuty fudge that is both healthy and delicious!

Also all of our guests receive a complimentary cone of maple sugar candy! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I think the chef is planning a special menu for your visit!

It'll definitely be a surf turf dining delight!

The appetizer with be GBI's New England Style Fish Chowder 
A thick and creamy style fish soup appetizer that warms you up with each bite!

The turf portion is Moose Kick Coffee Rubbed Moose Steaks
A Mountain Man favorite on GBI.  Coffee and meat, what's not to like?
Meat, it's whats for dinner!

There will also be plenty of side dishes
Twice Baked Pork and Beans
Hot peaches in Maple syrup
Tomato Soup Dipping sauce

and of course the dessert bar featuring
Saltine Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunchers
Mountain Man Cocoa
A deliciously sweet warm beverage sure to bring sweeter memories of childhood 
and my favorite dessert treat Peanut Butter Freezer Chewz
Yummy, sweet, salty, sink-your-teeth-in delicious peanuty fudge that is both healthy and delicious!

Also all of our guests receive a complimentary cone of maple sugar candy! 

You really should have tied with that recipe challenge! I'm hungry just thinking about all of that. 

Gotta pick up the pace then, I don't want this delicious food going cold!