Off grid fixer upper - Dining in Style

piddy3825

12 minutes ago, Catlover said:

You really should have tied with that recipe challenge!

I like the way you think!  I'm happy for the winner, no doubt about it
because he prepared some real life meals using only the ingame
available ingredients.  His ketchup chip crusted venison dish looked
damn delicious and the sardine appetizer certainly stimulated my
appetite as well as the judges!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I like the way you think!  I'm happy for the winner, no doubt about it
because he prepared some real life meals using only the ingame
available ingredients.  His ketchup chip crusted venison dish looked
damn delicious and the sardine appetizer certainly stimulated my
appetite as well as the judges!

That's why I said you should have tied. Was going to say you should have won, but they definitely deserved to win too, loved the photos that went along with it. Better luck with the next completion Looking forward to it, whatever it may be

And off topic here, but where will you renovate next? You've turned so many places into their former glory, and some you reimagined with a creative twist. But there are still more structures! Any future plans? 

49 minutes ago, Catlover said:

...but where will you renovate next? You've turned so many places into their former glory, and some you reimagined with a creative twist. But there are still more structures! Any future plans? 

Not sure really considering that some of the spaces are fairly limited on what can be scrapped or the physical space is too limited.
Is there any place you'd like to see in particular?  I'm open for suggestions!    

8 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Not sure really considering that some of the spaces are fairly limited on what can be scrapped or the physical space is too limited.
Is there any place you'd like to see in particular?  I'm open for suggestions!    

Hm, not too sure. The only decently sized thing I can think of is the cannery. Not sure what you'd do with that though, or how you'd fend off all of those timberwolves. 

A second place would be the pleasant valley homestead, or the Thomsons crossing community Hall. Though I don't know if you've already done them. 

11 hours ago, Catlover said:

Hm, not too sure. The only decently sized thing I can think of is the cannery. 
A second place would be the pleasant valley homestead, or the Thomsons crossing community Hall. 

well, I just recently was in BI to check out the cannery and although there are quite a few things that can be scrapped using the remove clutter mod, there are also many items that cannot be scrapped.   The things I'd like to be able to remove are firmly imbedded unfortunately.  So I think I'll pass on the cannery for now.  But the community hall does sound promising!  It's a fair bit of walk now but soon as I get healed up from having to dispatch that wolf in the cannery I'll be on my merry way!

3 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

well, I just recently was in BI to check out the cannery and although there are quite a few things that can be scrapped using the remove clutter mod, there are also many items that cannot be scrapped.   The things I'd like to be able to remove are firmly imbedded unfortunately.  So I think I'll pass on the cannery for now.  But the community hall does sound promising!  It's a fair bit of walk now but soon as I get healed up from having to dispatch that wolf in the cannery I'll be on my merry way!

Can't wait to see what you do with it! And shame about the cannery

On 3/12/2022 at 12:27 AM, piddy3825 said:

1.thumb.png.80cb2b3dc6a2114a525f705fc19a2373.png

It's taken considerable effort getting the old neglected lodge back into shape. 
Busy as a bee, I've been crafting the new tables and chairs to replace all the old broken furniture
and even managed to weave a new rug for the fireplace.
Huge effort has been worth it!

The old lodge is now officially open for fine dining and the staff has been very busy indeed getting the lodge ready for new guests!

screen_722f6dca-2884-4dbd-9c36-12712179c27b_hi.thumb.png.db37aa6c741dd0cd8dd4cebd4e6244f6.png

First thing we did is fix all the masonry around the fireplace and hang up a few more gun racks! 
I've even managed to find the old Bear Spear and return it to it's rightful place at the head of the fireplace.

screen_bad19218-836c-4600-9f90-05e2eaa77c06_hi.thumb.png.9ea570bf1ea61b7b015ed649050629de.png

The "library" has been restored and the skill books updated for our guests reading pleasure.

screen_a7f4c55c-2622-499d-9f08-b6f378d82b12_hi.thumb.png.e820bdcf5f85adba93457e2cbdde8a40.png

The larder is slowly being refilled but now sports a good variety of dry goods and canned items.  Soda pop is still a limited commodity so please limit
yourself to one can when you visit.  Oh, and don't touch the Stacy's Grape...  yeah, those are mine!

screen_32b710d5-977b-41be-9ea5-a296900afb93_hi.thumb.png.dc0982af15174b06436351ff3e4f8084.png

Wolf steaks are on the menu this week since we had to cull the local pack a little these last few days.  

screen_b5f25eec-af75-47d1-81c8-33282489c73a_hi.thumb.png.bf0ed32b458083ea44e428556e3e57c7.png

We're also making a nice fish chowder with all the brooktrout and small bass we hiked in from Mystery Lake.  
I do like a Manhattan style fish chowder man with tomato soup and fortified red wine.  Simply Delicious!

screen_e8c2156b-ea84-4c24-a285-4c42c827de2b_hi.thumb.png.fd4a8b0fc0ae75f3f7feb2aa490d0bce.png

There's now plenty of seating, smaller tables for two for more intimate settings

screen_9f356104-7ba8-47df-a0da-15f64475060c_hi.thumb.png.c5d584790d7ad86e6e0603e81d511484.png

complete with candle light 

screen_caf4c9a8-032e-417d-868a-e2104fbd9892_hi.thumb.png.bbcdc1863eb25fccf83715b4c70a3f95.png

or banquet style seating for larger groups.  Our biggest table can comfortably seat up to 10 guests for a fun and festive fine dining experience.

screen_fa1704a2-e54d-4e0f-aa38-9934ea7e4b14_hi.thumb.png.69c356c301f9fc9fa2cc780fb4dffe5b.png

Come join us for some culinary delights as we delve into channeling our inner Emeril Lagasse and "BAM" kick it up a notch!

screen_bbbc7f85-72bc-42d5-ba79-d531f958a273_hi.thumb.png.ea941d7bb47a7b38958d8a45a96e6ad4.png

And after a fine meal, join Foxey and me for a nice cuppa tea by the fire.  

Hope you enjoyed the food!

please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion 
in the space provided below, we would love to hear 
from you about how we can make your next visit 
that much more enjoyable.  
Thank you,

The Management

Amazing with the bear spear the hunters rifle and o hmmmm pumpkin pie

On 3/18/2022 at 11:02 PM, Catlover said:

Oh so you're who I saw whilst trekking towards the restaurant, wondered who it was.

Probably me or Carl. If you saw a person hauling big bag, it was me carrying those pelts. Carl had bear coat and big ass bow. Still little worried about him.

34 minutes ago, acada said:

Probably me or Carl. If you saw a person hauling big bag, it was me carrying those pelts. Carl had bear coat and big ass bow. Still little worried about him.

Think it was Carl, remember keeping my distance from that bow of his. Definitely not a fella I'd want to end up on the wrong side of

It seems like the path is harder than I expected. I am still in the swamp. In middle of it. Wolfes behind me and in front of me. Bear left, bear right. I think I saw a moose on the far right as well. Expect me tomorrow. I hope I bring piece of that moose with me.

Just now, acada said:

It seems like the path is harder than I expected. I am still in the swamp. In middle of it. Wolfes behind me and in front of me. Bear left, bear right. I think I saw a moose on the far right as well. Expect me tomorrow. I hope I bring piece of that moose with me.

I would imagine I'm not too far in front of you. I have a fully loaded rifle so I could come help? You don't want to end up dead before ever getting to taste Piddy's incredible cooking 

16 minutes ago, acada said:

OK if you can take care of the moose I saw SW end of the swamp, I can take care of the bear SE. It should make path for rest easier. Where is Carl when you need the big bow? @piddy3825 you want some more meat?

On it. I've started coming your way, think I see it. Got my rifle out now. Gonna try snipe it from a distance. Can't see anything to climb onto so gotta hope for the best. 

Oh no, it sees me! Sorry for the noise but I'm pounding bullet after bullet in that darn beast's pelt. But it keeps coming

Dammit, it needs reloading! Something got jammed. 

There, reloaded it. It's about to stomp me! Really not something I want to happen. Not again

Firing again and got a direct headshot, phew! Lost a good portion of my bullets, probably gonna go make some more down in BI after my meal. 

@piddy3825 got a huge chunk of moosemeat if you're running low! 

@acada if you have any spare time, I need some extra hands bringing that back. Wolves are gonna be a nightmare so I'd rather not risk it alone, especially with so few bullets and just one flare. 

Edited by Catlover

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

if you have any spare time, I need some extra hands bringing that back. Wolves are gonna be a nightmare so I'd rather not risk it alone, especially with so few bullets and just one flare.

OK I am comming. Your shooting parade scared the bear out. I expect those wolfes are on run now as well. We have little time to harvest the moose. I was prepared to bring bear paws and ears as gift. But antlers will be good as well I suppose.

Oh NO. We need to get out of here. The bear I saw is not the ordinary bear. It is big one. I saw some arrows sticking out from his back. It might be THE Bear I heard stories about. And it is heading to the place you shot the moose.

2 minutes ago, acada said:

OK I am comming. Your shooting parade scared the bear out. I expect those wolfes are on run now as well. We have little time to harvest the moose. I was prepared to bring bear paws and ears as gift. But antlers will be good as well I suppose.

Thanks, sorry for scaring that bear off, I'm a bit of a moose novice. I suppose Piddy could hang up the antlers somewhere, string lights around them to brighten the place up even more. 

Think I see you. Just started harvesting, already hearing howling so we gotta hurry. Don't think it will be long before the other predators regain their confidence 

1 minute ago, acada said:

Oh NO. We need to get out of here. The bear I saw is not the ordinary bear. It is big one. I saw some arrows sticking out from his back. It might be THE Bear I heard stories about. And it is heading to the place you shot the moose.

Oh no, dropping my meat now. Wondered why you were waving your arms around so much.

Wait, I see it, oh god it's massive. And coming fast. I can hear it now, rearing up. I think it scared the wolves away, but I'd rather deal with them than this monstrosity. Thought it was just a myth! 

Should we run, or fight? 

RUN you fool. One of these arrows in him is now mine. But it did not slowed him down. It merely pissed him. Forget the antlers and even the meat. Just run. We can meet near the locomotive.

Sorry I had to loose my package of rabbit pelts. Can I come in without them? I will bring them later when the big brown brute is somewhere else.

Edited by acada

5 minutes ago, acada said:

RUN you fool. One of these arrows in him is now mine. But it did not slowed him down. It merely pissed him. Forget the antlers and even the meat. Just run. We can meet near the locomotive.

Ok, glad I asked before emptying my rifle into that beast. Running now, oh god he's after me. I hope the moose feast will distract him. On my way to the train 

Edit:

Oh yeah, about that ammo.. Still have plenty of revolver ammo at least, for now that will hopefully do

Edited by Catlover

Hey, i think the bear is still after us but I think we've lost it, for now

Glad to see you Carl, heard a lot about you. 

Going to reload my rifle, whilst we wait. I hear howling, I think that means that beast must have given up, went back to our moose

Edited by Catlover

Hi there @piddy3825 We made it. Its three of us for now. I think other guests may be delayed. The infamous Big Bear is watching way to your nice lodge. And to answer your questions. I will have everything on the menu.

Something I did not tell you. I have prepared a two bottles of rosehip spirit. One is yours and second we shall drink to celebrate another day to live.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Is this a mod or what there is no old bear in survival neither is there multiplayer wish the old bear hung around from broken railroad to the ravine

Oh no there was no mod, none of this actually happened, myself and acada were role-playing, pretending we had met up, seen the old bear, etc. Nothing happened in the actual game, it was all made up here. Sorry for the confusion, hope this makes sense