Off grid fixer upper - Dining in Style

piddy3825

Lovely food, best I've had in a long time! Beats dogfood and sardines, that's for sure

I'd best be on my way too, I'm afraid. Great meeting you guys, especially your fox pet. Now that the bear has gone, I can head off.

Thanks for sharing your food and sorry again about the rifle ammo

@acadaand @Catlover

Your rooms are ready and the banquet table has been set with fresh tablecloths in anticipation of your arrival!
We've been busy gathering rosehips for the soaking tub, so if you got an extra two liter pot in your rucksack
we'll get that monster filled in no time.   

And yes, extra meat is always a good thing!   

As Tom Bodett would say, "You're always Welcome at Piddy's Lodge, We'll leave a light on for you!"

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

@acadaand @Catlover

Your rooms are ready and the banquet table has been set with fresh tablecloths in anticipation of your arrival!
We've been busy gathering rosehips for the soaking tub, so if you got an extra two liter pot in your rucksack
we'll get that monster filled in no time.   

And yes, extra meat is always a good thing!   

As Tom Bodett would say, "You're always Welcome at Piddy's Lodge, We'll leave a light on for you!"

Thank you very much, think I'll stay for a bit longer if there is a room ready. 

I always carry 2 pots, so feel free to use them. Only if I can pet the fox in return, they look so fluffy! May I ask if they have a name? Can't wait for the feast! 

8 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

@Catlover, I've name the fox, "Socks."
He's kinda shy at first but if you sit by the fire in the great room, he'll soon come over and lay by your feet.
Give him a couple of treats and he'll be your new best friend.

That's adorable, Socks the fox. In a box? 

I hope likes rabbit meat, I have a bit of that on me. Going to go try befriend him whilst the food is cooking. Let me know if you need any help preparing it! 

6 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Hi Piddy,

Many times I have suggested to HTL that instead of a Halloween special game that they have a special Xmas game with a Santa's Grotto.

How about you beating HTL to it and creating a well-equipped, luxury Santa's Grotto.

That gets my vote!👍

13 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Hi Piddy,

Many times I have suggested to HTL that instead of a Halloween special game that they have a special Xmas game with a Santa's Grotto.

How about you beating HTL to it and creating a well-equipped, luxury Santa's Grotto.

We ought to combine our ideas and make a grotto in the community hall! If piddy wanted to, of course

@peteloud,

Hmmm, an interesting idea creating a Santa's Grotto.  
Hopefully the modding community will produce some frivolous decorations like a strings of colored lights and 
ornaments and such.  A small pine tree  would be nice.  I do find it interesting that a player never finds a small tree anywhere on the island.  They are all either massively huge standing trees or uprooted, but no small pine trees.    Not much you can do with a leafless maple or birch sapling, am I right?

Hi there fellas, I am back. I brought the rabbit pelts as promissed. I checked the place you @Catloverdropped the moose. All the meat is gone. I suppose The Bear is now full as rest of the predators. I have found just bones and antlers. I put antlers in the shed behind and those pelts are in the basement now.

I think the path is now safe for a moment as all those animals are pretty fed. Hope it stays like this for few days at least.

Well hopefully he's too full to bother eating us! Thanks for bringing the stuff back, glad you could make it safely. 

I'll probably head off later, but I think I'll stay by this fire for just a little longer, it looks like it's going to snow a lot soon out there

3 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Bears don't attack cuz there hungry they attack cuz they're scared.

In our little roleplay, we're pretending that they'll do that. Not everything needs to be realistic, we were using our imagination a little 🙂

Or we can do such meal on our own. Hunt down rabbit, wolf, deer, moose and bear. Gut them. Prepare gallons of infusion. Stuff the rabbit into wolf. This into deer. Stuffed deer into bear and all this into moose. Spike it and roll over fire while pouring the infusion all over it. Cut the done pieces and serve them.

If you have time, you can macerate those animals for week or two to get better flavour.

2 hours ago, acada said:

Or we can do such meal on our own. Hunt down rabbit, wolf, deer, moose and bear. Gut them. Prepare gallons of infusion. Stuff the rabbit into wolf. This into deer. Stuffed deer into bear and all this into moose. Spike it and roll over fire while pouring the infusion all over it. Cut the done pieces and serve them.

If you have time, you can macerate those animals for week or two to get better flavour.

I think we're gonna a bigger stove!
I sure wish I had a big spit to slow roast an entire beast over an open outdoor fire!

On 3/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, piddy3825 said:

I like the way you think!  I'm happy for the winner, no doubt about it
because he prepared some real life meals using only the ingame
available ingredients.  His ketchup chip crusted venison dish looked
damn delicious and the sardine appetizer certainly stimulated my
appetite as well as the judges!

I actually used his crushed chips idea to make a Chip Crusted Chicken dish
the other day.  I didn't have any ketchup chips so I used some Dill Pickle Pringles flavored
chips.  I smashed the chips up pretty good and dipped the chicken breasts in a milk and egg 
mixture and then rolled them in crushed chips before dropping them into a hot oil filled skillet.

I paired it with a fine IPA from local brew pub.  All I can say is delicious!

• Upvote 2