New information about the Hinterland Store?

Ich9210

Hello,

greetings from Germany! I’m a Long Dark fan since the early access release back in 2014. Now and then I consider buying some merch at the official Hinterland Store. Because of the high shipping costs, I didn’t order in the past. Now with episode 4 release I feel like finally buy some stuff so make the experience even more immersive. I noticed in the past that the store closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic since 2020. I hoped that it would reopening in 2021 but still no online shop. Is there any information if or when the store will back online?

Happy surviving!

• Upvote 1

Yes, I found that answer already in the forum. Unfortunately, this post is almost a year old, so I though, maybe there is some more information to share. Maybe the team could reply here or talk about this topic in a future Dev-Diary.

Keep up the good work!

On 10/19/2021 at 8:13 PM, Sito said:

Hinterland has said they will open the store when it is safe to do so.  I'm sure they will make an announcement when they do.

Sorry, but how is it UNSAFE to operate an eCommerce store ? Millions of people do it safely. It's BS.

If they don't want to be bothered, or are too busy, just tell us.

-t

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, Corso said:

They answerd only last week? Closed, no change planned

Oh, thanks! I just found that one from November 2020.

So we have to be more patient - that's okay, I hope they will be open again at all and maybe share some information about it.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:42 PM, Sito said:

Hinterland explained in one of their announcements. But can reply to your snarky tone themselves it they want to.

Yes, I'd appreciate it. Because if they don't want to give a reason, fine. Just don't feed us BS.

-t

Edited by turtle777
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 11:25 PM, Ich9210 said:

Hello,

greetings from Germany! I’m a Long Dark fan since the early access release back in 2014. Now and then I consider buying some merch at the official Hinterland Store. Because of the high shipping costs, I didn’t order in the past. Now with episode 4 release I feel like finally buy some stuff so make the experience even more immersive. I noticed in the past that the store closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic since 2020. I hoped that it would reopening in 2021 but still no online shop. Is there any information if or when the store will back online?

Happy surviving!

Thanks for your interest in the Hinterland Store. We haven't posted an update as we don't have any new information to share at this time, and we don't have an estimated date to re-open just yet. We are still planning to re-open when it is entirely safe for us to do so. 

We appreciate your message, and hope to bring you Hinterland merchandise again in the near future!

• Upvote 5

On 10/25/2021 at 6:56 AM, turtle777 said:

Yes, I'd appreciate it. Because if they don't want to give a reason, fine. Just don't feed us BS.

-t

There. They replied. Hinterland does not do BS. Covid is BAD here even with high vax rates. Safety is priority for us Canadians. I applaud Hinterland's safety protocols and working environment and they already explained why their e-commerce store is shut down.  Grow up!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sito said:

There. They replied. Hinterland does not do BS. Covid is BAD here even with high vax rates. Safety is priority for us Canadians. I applaud Hinterland's safety protocols and working environment and they already explained why their e-commerce store is shut down.  Grow up!

Im glad you're all keeping safe but.. Please don't start arguing guys! It's not good for you, them or anyone else

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2021 at 7:45 PM, Admin said:

Thanks for your interest in the Hinterland Store. We haven't posted an update as we don't have any new information to share at this time, and we don't have an estimated date to re-open just yet. We are still planning to re-open when it is entirely safe for us to do so. 

We appreciate your message, and hope to bring you Hinterland merchandise again in the near future!

"near future" seems to have a very flexibel meaning - just saying ^^

• 3 weeks later...