More Animals / Craft-able items

WolfOfTheW3st

The game is good, let that be said. However the game is very empty. There is very very little life in the game. You can hear alot of animals like owls and woodpeckers but none of them exist. I would like that things already in the game be interactable. For example, crow/ravens are in the game but you can not hunt them, I don't see why. They could be a good way to get feathers and meat. In the future other birds can make other arrows making a want to hunt certain birds. Foxes, wolverines, owls, beavers, goose are all things that can be added and could even be region specific giving the player reasons to go to certain areas.  With all these new animals new items can be crafted for more options in the game of outfits and gear from more play styles. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, WolfOfTheW3st said:

The game is good, let that be said. However the game is very empty. There is very very little life in the game. You can hear alot of animals like owls and woodpeckers but none of them exist. I would like that things already in the game be interactable. For example, crow/ravens are in the game but you can not hunt them, I don't see why. They could be a good way to get feathers and meat. In the future other birds can make other arrows making a want to hunt certain birds. Foxes, wolverines, owls, beavers, goose are all things that can be added and could even be region specific giving the player reasons to go to certain areas.  With all these new animals new items can be crafted for more options in the game of outfits and gear from more play styles. 

I know what you mean! On pilgrim I can go days without seeing any animals! I have already posted on here for geese and lots of people would like more animals! Making them region specific is a good idea too!

bird hunting has been a want for me since a while after i started, and it makes sense you can shoot down crows and get more feathers and meat than just getting a couple feathers around a corpse. It would be cool if they would fly down and start eating the carcass and then you could maybe stun them with a rock like with rabbits. But the main animal I want to see is a mountain lion in timberwolf mountain and maybe ash canyon, I even made a post with clothing items as well. But in all seriousness, I think everyone and their mother wants to see at least a couple new animals.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

They need to make a slingshot (one stick, one cured gut) that we can plink at things in trees like birds and squirrels. 

Slingshots would be awesome, like throwing a stone with a slingshot will be able to kill a rabbit (instead of only knocking it) or make a wolf run away longer.

I agree - and I'd also like to see them put effort into gender specific animals. I love the game, but it unnerves me to absolutely no end that every single deer is a male. The frozen north has a TON of other animals, besides wolves, beers, moose and deer, ,and it would be a lot of fun to explore that. I'd also like to see things like rats or mice within the houses. It makes sense that those abandoned areas would attract those sorts of scavenger type animals. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Killing crows would be good as a new source of feathers and resources. Would then like an option to bury the dead, feel bad just leaving corpses strewn about; could use stones as makeshift grave markers.

Would love to see more animals on there, isolation is great but seeing something fluffy, cute and new might help strengthen the mind ... Before I have to slaughter it, no doubt 😫😄

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

SQUIRRELS!

Also: pine trees are great for all kinds of survival items. The needles make a great tea rich in Vitamin A & C plus other nutrients, you can eat pine nuts, the sap/pitch has NUMEROUS different uses (from making a lamp to waterproofing a canoe to a healing sauve and more) and you can even eat the inner bark. (IIRC in Finland it's even traditional to grind it into a flour & make it into bread)

• Like 1