Plane Crash

Pencil

I've never actually thought about this but, where's the plane that you crashed from after the geomagnetic storm? Of course, there's a plane crash site in Milton, but what if you spawn in Desolation Point? Did you parachute all the way across the map? 

It would be cool if somewhere on the map you spawned is a crash site with your plane. If you're on an easy difficulty, you can recover some supplies from the site. If you're on Interloper, there will be very few items there if any at all. There could be smoke coming from the plane for a couple days after the crash. 

Thoughts? 

• Upvote 3

Friend, where is your imagination?😊 when you crashed, you were passed out and bleeding. There a wolf found you and started gnawing on your foot but was interrupted by a barrage of arrows shot from above by Molly. As she was descending to take your bleeding corpse for reproductive purposes, a bear comes out of nowhere and scares molly off and drags you into his den. While the tracks are still fresh, Jeremiah is not too far keeping sure footed trail on the bear.

The bear spots Jeremiah and begins the attack while knocking you off the ridge where you tumble lower into the snowy valley. 

Meanwhile, RIP jeremiah. You are soon found by Hobbs, who tries to pick your pockets, but takes a dagger into his heart from molly, who was watching plenty of Sam Fisher videos on Piddys laptop during auroras (along with some other stuff). That's how she skillfully was able to sneak up on Hobbs.

You are s

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

I kinda like the idea of a plane crash where you spawned. I play on Interloper+ so wouldn't want extra loot (makes it too easy), but would be a cool landmark. That said, I love the carefully curated maps in this game, and if I have a choice of where devs should focus their time, I'd prefer they create new maps or new environments for me to explore than work on adding a marker like that to the start location and working it in so it looks natural at every possible spawn point (which you just know they'd have to do, because they're artisans).

On 9/16/2021 at 8:07 PM, Stinky socks said:

Friend, where is your imagination?😊 when you crashed, you were passed out and bleeding. There a wolf found you and started gnawing on your foot but was interrupted by a barrage of arrows shot from above by Molly. As she was descending to take your bleeding corpse for reproductive purposes, a bear comes out of nowhere and scares molly off and drags you into his den. While the tracks are still fresh, Jeremiah is not too far keeping sure footed trail on the bear.

The bear spots Jeremiah and begins the attack while knocking you off the ridge where you tumble lower into the snowy valley. 

Meanwhile, RIP jeremiah. You are soon found by Hobbs, who tries to pick your pockets, but takes a dagger into his heart from molly, who was watching plenty of Sam Fisher videos on Piddys laptop during auroras (along with some other stuff). That's how she skillfully was able to sneak up on Hobbs.

You are s

I almost spilled my bong when I read:

"...As she was descending to take your bleeding corpse for reproductive purposes..."

and that's why @Pencil, you end up where you end up when you come to!  

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know why but ı play survival mode ı always thought the cargo plane in TWM was my plane and ı have to see it one more time so ı always go to summit and feel a little bit sad.

So ı never thought about your idea but ı think it may be a new challenge mode. Player has 10-15 days to find plane crash and some important stuff (like some clothing or gun that doesn’t appear entire the map or some marineflares because in 10-15 days timberwolves will spawn).  Crash could be in any region (Like you spawn in AC and the crash is in HRV) and challenge be like stalker/ınterloper difficulty.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 4:07 AM, Stinky socks said:

The bear spots Jeremiah and begins the attack while

I read this quote (really, the whole post) to the tune of ‘Ultimate showdown of Ultimate destiny’.

A randomly generated plane crash in your starting zone, with some emergency survival loot would be great. Reduced, or no extra supply on Interloper.

As with many forum suggestions, it should be a choice (plane / no plane) when setting up your sandbox, so that it’s not imposed upon players that think it’d make the game too easy.

I feel like the survivor in survival mode as a different backstory from Will and Astrid.

Yes I know that the survival mode starts with the "A geometric storm brought your plane down yada yada", but that message has been in the game since the very first version, long before Story mode was added. That message could be that relic from when survival mode was the only mode (and back when it was called sandbox mode) and was also a "Placeholder" so to speak for Story Mode, as in Sandbox was the Story Mode for the time being. 

I feel like once Story mode was officially added, Sandbox was changed to Survival and became it's own separate story in a way, taking place some time after Wintermute, and from the perspective as some unnamed survivor stuck on Great Bear. Although I still have no idea why the "A geometric storm brought your plane down" is still shown. Maybe for newer player to imagine a scenario on how they ended up here before they get a chance to get used to the game and come up with their own story.