The game should ask for confirmation before it lets you accidentally do something stupid

Kristian2

There's been at least a few times I've accidentally eaten raw meat and then had to spend ten frigging days and 20 antibiotics pills to treat the food poisoning. It got me thinking that I wish the game would ask things things like "are you sure you want to eat raw meat?", "are you sure you want to dismantle that hunting rifle instead of cleaning it?", "are you sure want to sleep on that bedroll instead of picking it up while you're dying from blood loss and there's bear within 20 meters from you?" and so on.

Edited by Kristian2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

I had the same problems with rushed actions before with my survivors.
Maybe this is one of the valuable lessons, this game has to offer (for real life too) - don't rush, check twice, then act.

A valuable lesson indeed! Patience is a virtue. Oversensitive controllers however don't share that belief 😁

• Like 1

Yeah there is a difference between real life and games. It's relatively easy to misclick or double click by accident on some raw meat, but it's pretty much impossible to eat it by mistake in real life. It would just never happen. I think it's reasonable to account for this. Perhaps a menu option to turn on/off confirmation boxes.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

What makes a guy do that then post photographs of it ?  I found it quite revolting in spite of my thinking I have quite  liberal attitudes.  I assume it is deliberately done to offend people.  The guy must be sick in the head.

I have often eaten raw meat, in TLD, and suffered afterwards.  In many lighting conditions, on my computer, it is not easy to differentiate between raw and cooked meat.  This would not happen in real life, so HTL should  do something so that it doesn't happen in TLD.

When carrying the revolver for protection I often accidentally fire it when I pick up a stick, or similar actions.  To prevent this I would like to see firing the revolver a two stage operation such as firing an arrow or firing the rifle. 

44 minutes ago, peteloud said:

What makes a guy do that then post photographs of it ?  I found it quite revolting in spite of my thinking I have quite  liberal attitudes.  I assume it is deliberately done to offend people.  The guy must be sick in the head.

I have often eaten raw meat, in TLD, and suffered afterwards.  In many lighting conditions, on my computer, it is not easy to differentiate between raw and cooked meat.  This would not happen in real life, so HTL should  do something so that it doesn't happen in TLD.

When carrying the revolver for protection I often accidentally fire it when I pick up a stick, or similar actions.  To prevent this I would like to see firing the revolver a two stage operation such as firing an arrow or firing the rifle. 

He obviously needs therapy of some sort!!And I am very broad minded!

I don't have that problem cos I'm on xbox but it seems to happen a lot for PC users.  I would find it very annoying! Good job you can't shoot yourself by accident!

Edited by Leeanda

On 8/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, Leeanda said:

... and nearly twice dismantling my rifle...

That's quite trap: the button "Clean" suddenly become "Harvest". It should be placed elsewhere. Or, maybe, when item is cleaned / repaired to max, the item-details screen should change to inventory.

For me, this would be very simple fix. 

7 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

@Leeandayou CAN shoot yourself by accident. Not with the rifle or revolver, but with the bow, it's totally possible if you shoot straight upwards.

You sure? I tried it quite a few times doing just that, but the arrows came down further forward from me. Even moving around after firing I didn't get hit! Came close though!😀

• 1 month later...

I believe that the warning about eating raw meat only works when using the radial menu because of the LMB (eat) versus RMB (place) feature of it.  Saved me a few times and not so long ago.

Double click in inventory and the game will happily let you eat raw meat without a qualm.  I know that I got myself food poisoning a few times that way.  😅

• Upvote 1