What ending would you like to have?

Leeanda

19 hours ago, yogi said:

Maybe one of the "passing time" activities can be tending to your greenhouse. What about growing bonsai??

How about mushrooms? Don't need light and don't take up lots of space!  

And yes you're a good editor (not as experienced as me)  and a good writer! 

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

How about mushrooms? Don't need light and don't take up lots of space!  

And yes you're a good editor (not as experienced as me)  and a good writer! 

Mushrooms could be a good idea - in one of the coal mine shafts?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, yogi said:

Mushrooms could be a good idea - in one of the coal mine shafts?

Never thought of mine shafts actually! Makes more sense than in a basement! Damper conditions would be best but only if mine temperature is right for it! Bit odd you can't make fires in the mines though!

56 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Never thought of mine shafts actually! Makes more sense than in a basement! Damper conditions would be best but only if mine temperature is right for it! Bit odd you can't make fires in the mines though!

Logs / fallen tree branches could work as well. Not sure what you'd need - A hatchet? Some charcoal?

13 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I know it's no fun having to restart/reload! So sympathies on that!

Oh no.

All my recent saves are right in the area. I can't go back further and restart the day..

My earliest save is JUST before I pick up Gwen. I have to not pick her up and go and find water and come back. This is going to be a pain in the rear end. I don't know how far I have to go to find water or a can now but it's the only option I have.

Too smart by half. I'll just think of it as another objective - Wander the entire map and find a water source. Then pick Gwen up and haul her back where you just were. Sigh.

Edit - I am not having fun. Overloaded with plane stuff and getting timberwolves every path I take back to base; without Gwen. Ugh.

Edited by yogi

5 hours ago, yogi said:

Oh no.

All my recent saves are right in the area. I can't go back further and restart the day..

My earliest save is JUST before I pick up Gwen. I have to not pick her up and go and find water and come back. This is going to be a pain in the rear end. I don't know how far I have to go to find water or a can now but it's the only option I have.

Too smart by half. I'll just think of it as another objective - Wander the entire map and find a water source. Then pick Gwen up and haul her back where you just were. Sigh.

Edit - I am not having fun. Overloaded with plane stuff and getting timberwolves every path I take back to base; without Gwen. Ugh.

Any chance you missed emptying a toilet somewhere or the abandoned prepper cache has a can sometimes under the bed!? Way way under the bed!  Strangely didn't mind the wolves only hated the bear!🙂  mind you its no fun lugging any of them around even with loads of water! Incredibly laborious! (Long word for this time of the morning)!  But good luck with it! 

8 hours ago, yogi said:

Oh no.

There is a possibility that the mine to coastal might let you in? As a last resort it might be worth a try! Better than a total restart! 

8 hours ago, yogi said:

Logs / fallen tree branches could work as well. Not sure what you'd need - A hatchet? Some charcoal?

Apparently compost and damp newspaper is enough for mushrooms as long as the temp is over 55f (16c).  

14 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Apparently compost and damp newspaper is enough for mushrooms as long as the temp is over 55f (16c).  

Sticks, coal, newspaper, lichen, mushrooms, rose hips, coffee grounds, tea leave and some combination of various liquids. In a coal mine or other indoor area. That might equate it.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yogi said:

Sticks, coal, newspaper, lichen, mushrooms, rose hips, coffee grounds, tea leave and some combination of various liquids. In a coal mine or other indoor area. That might equate it.

Yes its surely easy enough to make compost even  on TLD. Plenty of scraps laying around unused. Not so much for stalker/Interloper though!. Birch bark is the main thought as it respawns frequently.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:50 AM, yogi said:

Oh no.

How's the hunt for water going? Or the can?

52 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

How's the hunt for water going? Or the can?

I kinda gave up and by kinda gave up, I mean I gave up.

I might try again soon. I have enough stuff to look after myself, just have to cull some plane freebies and try and get past the wolves to go back to probably Thomson's crossing. Probably another couple in game days. Bit (lot) frustrating.

Don't be holding your breath for an update. I might get to it eventually. Maybe. Or I won't bother. I probably might.

Stupid water...

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Yes its surely easy enough to make compost even  on TLD. Plenty of scraps laying around unused. Not so much for stalker/Interloper though!. Birch bark is the main thought as it respawns frequently.

Oh yeah, bark too. Good idea.

5 minutes ago, yogi said:

I kinda gave up and by kinda gave up, I mean I gave up.

I might try again soon. I have enough stuff to look after myself, just have to cull some plane freebies and try and get past the wolves to go back to probably Thomson's crossing. Probably another couple in game days. Bit (lot) frustrating.

Don't be holding your breath for an update. I might get to it eventually. Maybe. Or I won't bother. I probably might.

Stupid water...

Oh dear! This game can certainly be frustrating can't it?  Not sure how good it is to be like that though. Plus side it stops boredom  but negative side makes you want to throw it in the bin!😀 

Edited by Leeanda

4 minutes ago, yogi said:

Oh yeah, bark too. Good idea.

Just shows that it's possible to grow something in the game! Despite some views on it! This notepad is refusing to let me use long darks initials! Keeps changing it to "for" for some reason! 

Editing - here we go again!😁

Edited by Leeanda

2 hours ago, stratvox said:

Look up the town of Centralia, PA. 

Interesting reading! and I get the point. But if everything was true to life in the game we would've died in the plane crash or not long after! Same as 1 bullet in a mooses head would kill it not just make it run away.  But for the game it just seems odd that that's the way it is.

I would definitely not like some kind of happy ending.

Maybe Astrid and Will could break free from the others (thugs, Matuselah?), because they have this loneliness in their personalities even before the Great Apocalypse. But I don't see them living together. There's a reason their couple didn't work out the first time: he's too fragile ans she's too egocentric. Whatever lit their divorce (lsot child or what?), it was doomed since it started.

I see Will as the next Metuselah, and Astrid as the next Molly.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds good to me! Happy ending for all the romantics out there!🙂

Did you see the phrasing??

Is it a happy ending? Or is it an ending, by which its' very nature, makes it "happy".

Or is it both at the same time? Remember my "happy" ending that then turned, less so??

Deep.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, yogi said:

Did you see the phrasing??

Is it a happy ending? Or is it an ending, by which its' very nature, makes it "happy".

Or is it both at the same time? Remember my "happy" ending that then turned, less so??

Deep.

Indeed it is deep! My romantic side however decided to come to the fore!🙂

Just now, yogi said:

I thought that might have been the case.

Something something, Episode 27, something.

Not for the reasons you're thinking though! It's just in my nature I'm afraid!  

Episode 27? Haven't done 4 yet!. Don't think it's going to give any clues to the true ending though,so we can still speculate!