What ending would you like to have?

Leeanda

On 9/11/2021 at 7:59 AM, SnowWalker said:

Can they restore the world?

I don't know.

Can they restore their love for each other?

I don't know that either.

(Points the Revolver)

Will we get a new gun to kill doggo's 

I dont know but I just to make it Clear, I WANT AN AR-15

Edited by Michael1986

Created an account just to post my idea.

I think the story needs to come full circle - connecting back to Episode 1 and Grey Mother.

There should be a scenario based in Milton with Will returning there. He returns to Grey Mother's house and finds it abandoned (but with the fire burning) with a letter. She has left Will (legal?) guardianship of the entire town. She also reveals that he might be her child (with Methuselah).  Suddenly many things tie back to Methuselah, including the fires that never go out. That particular scene ends with the previously unseen  Astrid, coming through the front door.

Towards the very end, Will meets up with Astrid at dawn (at a nearby tower?) and together they watch the sun break into the horizon.

Or that's the plan.

The end? Everything looking a bit better, most story lines resolved, WIll has ownership of Milton and has reconciled (enough) with Astrid. They realise they are better off together and will work on reconciling. They have arranged to meet in the early morning at a picturesque tower after Astrid has gone off to do a quick task. She has checked in with him via a phone call.

It's somewhat dark.

Will is heading towards the tower.

He sees something on the ground - a collection of dropped generic items together. Unusal and slightly out of place. Damaged slightly.

A short time later he comes across something else.

Something of his from earlier in the episode that he gave to Astrid. It's ruined.

Not conclusive, but now an actual worry.

Very nearby, something else that clearly can only have been from Astrid.

Signs of a scuffle and a little blood.

There's been no one else in the area.

It clearly can only belong to Astrid.

Suddenly there is a lot more blood.

Panic.

A short distance away and not far from where they were going to meet, she's there.

She's been attacked. Badly.

Terror.

Will's voice like you've never before.

He scours her bag for anything to help. A pregnancy test kit falls out.

Things are looking just about as bad as they can be.

He's triaging like crazy with some basic supplies but it's just not enough.

Her breathing is erratic. [Note to devs - Astrid's breathing narrates this scene.]

He manages to get her to the bed in the tower.

They make the most amazing end of twilight you've ever seen, but their world is otherwise just about over; their surrounds barely registering as just another day in the coldness.

Will trying to work out how to get help and also trying to tell Astrid everything is going to be ok. He doesn't know. There are a few options, but none of them seemingly straightfoward in the panic.

Astrid holding on, breathing somewhat steadily, just.

A few more medical supplies have been administered but things are stiil very bad. Will has to leave the tower to get a final item/s to complete a medical supply, fire, etc. It's super close by, but he has to leave. No choice. He tells her and she mumbles to go.

As he's out the door, she gets out most of an "I still love y...." but no one is there to hear it.

Will is back. Astrid is barely holding on. He has to finish / craft a couple of items to administer more assistance.

All we hear are creating / crafting noises and Astrid's breathing.  Will in zombified automatic state of survivial instinct. He never stopped loving her.

Just as Will is getting to the end of the 2nd / 3rd necessary item, perhaps starting the fire they were going to enjoy at their early morning...

The sound of Astrid's breathing suddenly goes silent.*

Fade to black.

Credits.

*[Note to devs - The player should notice this just before Will realises it.]

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, yogi said:

Created an account just to post my idea.

I think the story needs to come full circle - connecting back to Episode 1 and Grey Mother.

There should be a scenario based in Milton with Will returning there. He returns to Grey Mother's house and finds it abandoned (but with the fire burning) with a letter. She has left Will (legal?) guardianship of the entire town. She also reveals that he might be her child (with Methuselah).  Suddenly many things tie back to Methuselah, including the fires that never go out. That particular scene ends with the previously unseen  Astrid, coming through the front door.

Towards the very end, Will meets up with Astrid at dawn (at a nearby tower?) and together they watch the sun break into the horizon.

Or that's the plan.

The end? Everything looking a bit better, most story lines resolved, WIll has ownership of Milton and has reconciled (enough) with Astrid. They realise they are better off together and will work on reconciling. They have arranged to meet in the early morning at a picturesque tower after Astrid has gone off to do a quick task. She has checked in with him via a phone call.

It's somewhat dark.

Will is heading towards the tower.

He sees something on the ground - a collection of dropped generic items together. Unusal and slightly out of place. Damaged slightly.

A short time later he comes across something else.

Something of his from earlier in the episode that he gave to Astrid. It's ruined.

Not conclusive, but now an actual worry.

Very nearby, something else that clearly can only have been from Astrid.

Signs of a scuffle and a little blood.

There's been no one else in the area.

It clearly can only belong to Astrid.

Suddenly there is a lot more blood.

Panic.

A short distance away and not far from where they were going to meet, she's there.

She's been attacked. Badly.

Terror.

Will's voice like you've never before.

He scours her bag for anything to help. A pregnancy test kit falls out.

Things are looking just about as bad as they can be.

He's triaging like crazy with some basic supplies but it's just not enough.

Her breathing is erratic. [Note to devs - Astrid's breathing narrates this scene.]

He manages to get her to the bed in the tower.

They make the most amazing end of twilight you've ever seen, but their world is otherwise just about over; their surrounds barely registering as just another day in the coldness.

Will trying to work out how to get help and also trying to tell Astrid everything is going to be ok. He doesn't know. There are a few options, but none of them seemingly straightfoward in the panic.

Astrid holding on, breathing somewhat steadily, just.

A few more medical supplies have been administered but things are stiil very bad. Will has to leave the tower to get a final item/s to complete a medical supply, fire, etc. It's super close by, but he has to leave. No choice. He tells her and she mumbles to go.

As he's out the door, she gets out most of an "I still love y...." but no one is there to hear it.

Will is back. Astrid is barely holding on. He has to finish / craft a couple of items to administer more assistance.

All we hear are creating / crafting noises and Astrid's breathing.  Will in zombified automatic state of survivial instinct. He never stopped loving her.

Just as Will is getting to the end of the 2nd / 3rd necessary item, perhaps starting the fire they were going to enjoy at their early morning...

The sound of Astrid's breathing suddenly goes silent.*

Fade to black.

Credits.

*[Note to devs - The player should notice this just before Will realises it.]

Welcome to the forum! 

Well that was a very beautiful but sad ending!  I just hope that isn't what happens!😥😉

Edited by Leeanda

52 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Welcome to the forum! 

Well that was a very beautiful but sad ending!  I just hope that isn't what happens!😥😉

I should say, that it leads into the following episode / story - spolier alert: Astrid survives, there was some help nearby eg. someone was following Astrid at a later time and/or Will was somehow able to get help.

The nice version of this ending is Astrid appears right towards the end, appearing coming into Grey Mother's house - massive surprise to the player and totally unexpected. Astrid then goes to do a task and agrees to meet WIll later to watch the sun coming up. No unpleasantness. Letter in hand, WIll walks into the tower to share the morning with Astrid, saying something like, "I've got something to tell you..."

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, yogi said:

I should say, that it leads into the following episode / story - spolier alert: Astrid survives, there was some help nearby eg. someone was following Astrid at a later time and/or Will was somehow able to get help.

The nice version of this ending is Astrid appears right towards the end, appearing coming into Grey Mother's house - massive surprise to the player and totally unexpected. Astrid then goes to do a task and agrees to meet WIll later to watch the sun coming up. No unpleasantness. Letter in hand, WIll walks into the tower to share the morning with Astrid, saying something like, "I've got something to tell you..."

OK! Sorry I'm a romantic at heart! Its you're choice how it ends though!  If this is how it ends then that's great!

No no, all ok. You should be as romantic as you want.

I do like the simpler more romantic, not painful idea - it's what triggered the longer idea to start with. I think all of the endings and variants work in different sort of ways and for different reasons, but whichever is should feel true to the story.

What I sort of liked about the "beautiful / sad" ending is that it feels like it could also be a realistic strong true story arc - things are ok but then BAM, the cold desolate wild strikes yet again.

[I can't edit my post anymore.

• Will doesn't have his usual backpack stuff on him at the very end as either he simply left it in Milton as he wasn't expecting to need it (perhaps this is not true) or he forgot to pick it up in the panic of picking up Astrid and her pack (more likely). On the way to meet Astrid, does Will have a final paternal-esque conversation with his perhaps father who only gives cryptic clues as to the truth?
  • When I was creating this, I think the area I mentally had in mind was the Abandoned Lookout in Coastal Highway. There is a bear frequently near there and  wolves. Perhaps Astrid had set up a bit of a base in one of the houses there - one of the nicer ones near the Garage or the nearby house sitting more on the side of the map by itself. Maybe Will returns to one of these houses which he now finds lived in - more than likely Astrid having collected some supplies.]

By the way, this particular idea was pretty new as I was typing it. I've had the Grey Mother / Will element of the story (coming back full circle at the end) for quite some time. Them reconnecting (in some way) feels true and very instinctive.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yogi said:

No no, all ok. You should be as romantic as you want.

I do like the simpler more romantic, not painful idea - it's what triggered the longer idea to start with. I think all of the endings and variants work in different sort of ways and for different reasons, but whichever is should feel true to the story.

What I sort of liked about the "beautiful / sad" ending is that it feels like it could also be a realistic strong true story arc - things are ok but then BAM, the cold desolate wild strikes yet again.

[I can't edit my post anymore.

• Will doesn't have his usual backpack stuff on him at the very end as either he simply left it in Milton as he wasn't expecting to need it (perhaps this is not true) or he forgot to pick it up in the panic of picking up Astrid and her pack (more likely). On the way to meet Astrid, does Will have a final paternal-esque conversation with his perhaps father who only gives cryptic clues as to the truth?
  • When I was creating this, I think the area I mentally had in mind was the Abandoned Lookout in Coastal Highway. There is a bear frequently near there and  wolves. Perhaps Astrid had set up a bit of a base in one of the houses there - one of the nicer ones near the Garage or the nearby house sitting more on the side of the map by itself. Maybe Will returns to one of these houses which he now finds lived in - more than likely Astrid having collected some supplies.]

By the way, this particular idea was pretty new as I was typing it. I've had the Grey Mother / Will element of the story (coming back full circle at the end) for quite some time. Them reconnecting (in some way) feels true and very instinctive.

Agreed, it should all come together full circle as it were!  Wouldn't have thought of the Will/grey mother pairing though! 

Have always hoped Astrid and Will would reunite in one way or another, romantically preferred!  But what  I have learned from this game is that nothing is predictable! So I will try to keep the romantic version in my hopes! 

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Agreed, it should all come together full circle as it were!  Wouldn't have thought of the Will/grey mother pairing though! 

Have always hoped Astrid and Will would reunite in one way or another, romantically preferred!  But what  I have learned from this game is that nothing is predictable! So I will try to keep the romantic version in my hopes! 

Obviously needs some sort of realistic possibility to it, but could definitely be other possible connections floating around out there.... Molly daughter of Grey Mother?? eg. WIll's letter from GM mentions something about "my estranged daughter who I had a falliing out with, Molly. If you find her, tell her that her mother still loves her and hopes she and her husband are getting on ok."

Another could be one of the one of the people involved in the plane crash?? Astrid was involved with some involved in her work and they were on the plane and perhaps died or didn't? The pregancy kit in her backpack was perhaps intended for that person, but Will sees it and the circumstances could allow it to be connected to him?

Maybe the game ends with Astrid walking into GM's house as Will has just finished reading the letter? That could be a realistic ending, but it's not overly happy. Perhaps they have been reconciling via the radio and phone over the episode. We don't see her but we know it's going to work out and then, final scene, she enters the house. That works too. Perhaps at one point, one says to the other "When you're ready, come to bed" but not in a sexual sort of way.

Oh! At some point towards the end, we hear Astrid asleep and her exhausted tired breathing. AH!!!!!!!! Smart. AND it ties into...

Then there is a short epilogue episode after the credits where the bad stuff above happens. [Credits and supporting chararacter images of the following weeks. Black. "X Weeks Later", mini episode starts with Astrid heading out to do some work and leaving Will for what unknowlingly could be the last time.] That would be a cool way to do it!! The player should have NO clue that this is about to happen.

Would be too silly to have everyone connected to everyone, but tying say... 2-3 (maybe 4?) characters together I think would be good.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, yogi said:

Obviously needs some sort of realistic possibility to it, but could definitely be other possible connections floating around out there.... Molly daughter of Grey Mother?? eg. WIll's letter from GM mentions something about my estranged daughter who she had a falliing out with, Molly. Another could be one of the one of the people involved in the plane crash?? Would be too silly to have everyone connected to everyone, but tying say... 2-3 (maybe 4?) characters together I think would be good.

Grey mother and molly related? That's a scary thought?😃 ! Trouble is now with episode 4 coming out there's going to be even more character's involved. And I'm honestly hoping that they don't detract from the solitary feel to the game! (I think I'm one of the few who probably feels this way)!   Must admit I'm curious about Methuselah though. At the beginning I thought he could have been a sort of divine being! Watching over the people to see if they deserve  saving or not!  That probably sounds stupid but any things possible I suppose!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Must admit I'm curious about Methuselah though.

I've always thought Methuselah started or was somehow heavily involved in the Forest Talkers.

IF, he and GM are connected by relationship, this might have been a contributing factor to the breakdown of the relationship between himself and GM, eg. he was out saving the world, she was more at home trying to look after the kids. He is wise and philsophical partly from his background but also partly just to survive and rationalise the world. Was he trying to get Lillie (more?) involved in the FT??

Actually... now that I think about it... though each have different lived experiences, both GM and Methuselah share equally profound reflections on the world. Maybe their expressions are just how they cope with the (similar?) expereinces of what they've been through.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, yogi said:

I've always thought Methuselah started or was somehow heavily involved in the Forest Talkers. This might have been a contributing factor to the breakdown of the relationship between himself and GM. He is wise and philsophical partly from his background but also partly just to survive and rationalise the world.

Possible! He is indeed a wise soul! I think we may not have seen the last of him yet though! 

But who knows what the devs are going to throw our way! 

15 minutes ago, yogi said:

You have to write a new post for each edit I make. 3 posts.... 47 edits each.................. 🤣

If you're going to edit everything you post I'll be here forever editing!😂 here's one of them! 

And another...😂

Edited by Leeanda

2 minutes ago, yogi said:

"I thought I was the queen of editing on this forum!😄"

Ahem.

Giving up your title that easily??? 😂

No Chance mate! Have you read my profile!😂😂  I'm famous for it!(edit 2) pointless edit 3...

Edited by Leeanda

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

No Chance mate! Have you read my profile!😂😂  I'm famous for it!(edit 2) pointless edit 3...

22 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If you're going to edit everything you post I'll be here forever editing!😂 here's one of them! 

And another...😂

Pretty sure you're now just showing off 😛.

Meanwhile, I've just written most of the core underlying story and ending of Episode 5 and the series epilogue, but, you know...

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Checking my profile eh... 😃   

Edit ... I call all the bears Yogi! 

You did ask me too. Unsure which part of it is supposed to be edited by your super skills - I just see a list of posts.

Also, nah. Too cliche for bear names. All they want to do is kill you.

Edited by yogi

1 minute ago, yogi said:

Pretty sure you're now just showing off 😛.

Meanwhile, I've just written most of the core underlying story and ending of Episode 5 and the story epilogue, but, you know...

OK! I'll behave now! I think I made my point!😃 while I'm writing this I've just had 3 rep!ies from you! 

4 minutes ago, yogi said:

You did ask me too. Unsure which part of it is supposed to be edited by your super skills - I just see a list of posts.

Also, nah. Too cliche for bear names. All they want to do is kill you.

Well it was more of a suggestion! But you'd have to read some of them on the actual thread pages! 

And I only call them yogi when I have to be polite!😄  

Still I'd like to see what youve got for part 5!  

I think we nearly broke the forum there for a minute!

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well it was more of a suggestion! But you'd have to read some of them on the actual thread pages! 

And I only call them yogi when I have to be polite!😄  

Still I'd like to see what youve got for part 5!  

I think we nearly broke the forum there for a minute!

Haha. Oh, I have to read them individually, I see.

Part 5? Did you not see all my edits?? In summary: Part 5 - Everyone connected to everyone and the entire game ends with Will and Astrid finding out various things including themselves. Happily ever after. Until...

The rest of the episode can just be..... well.... other stuff.

By the way, can we have a new pickled vegetable food mechanic. That's not related to anything else here. You can grow one or two things in a small greenhouse, which then takes a few days to pickle. Last for ages, but take ages to make. Can later be extended to be able to extend flesh.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, yogi said:

Haha. Oh, I have to read them individually, I see.

Part 5? Did you not see all my edits?? In summary: Part 5 - Everyone connected to everyone and the entire game ends with Will and Astrid finding out various things including themselves. Happily ever after. Until...

Sorry about that, my brains gone to mush. Keep forgetting there's an episode 5 .keep thinkng 4s the end!😃

(All you're edits?)😂 

Not all of them no, it'd only put you to sleep! Try just the longer more serious ones! Like befriend a deer, that was edited about 7 times!

Edited by Leeanda