What ending would you like to have?

Leeanda

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Judging by the reactions on that thread I'm not sure many people would want to play it! 😄

No way. Could make a fortune.

I'm announcing it now, "The Long Dark 2 - The Long Day: The Bear, Wolf and Deer Candian Wilderness Sim".

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, yogi said:

No way. Could make a fortune.

I'm announcing it now, "The Long Dark 2 - The Long Day: The Bear, Wolf and Deer Candian Wilderness Sim".

If that happens it'll be a miracle! I'd buy it just to stick all the animals in with each other to see the carnage that would follow!!☠️☠️

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If that happens it'll be a miracle! I'd buy it just to stick all the animals in with each other to see the carnage that would follow!!☠️☠️

You are so cruel!!! I didn't know such a thing was possible. 😆

I was thinking more petting zoos, farm stays, fresh milk, animal rides, etc.

But when the Aurora starts....................................................

Overally, it's a cross between a farm sim, a zoo sim and Jurassic Park.

[Further edit to say that idea started off as the cutesy one, but then changed half way through to not be so disimilar to yours, in a way.]

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, yogi said:

You are so cruel!!! I didn't know such a thing was possible. 😆

I was thinking more petting zoos, farm stays, fresh milk, animal rides, etc.

But when the Aurora starts....................................................

Overally, it's a cross between a farm sim, a zoo sim and Jurassic Park.

[Further edit to say that idea started off as the cutesy one, but then changed half way through to not be so disimilar to yours, in a way.]

Yeah we all know what happened in Jurassic park🤕🤕🤕☠️☠️☠️😁  

(Edit 2) i had to recharge my battery, and it was full this morning!😁 

I've just noticed all the other edited bits I missed earlier! Pickled veg???  

Its going to take you a while to catch me up you know on these edits!😂 (+2  edits)

Edited by Leeanda

@Leeanda - So, anything else we need to cover? Will and Astrid happy ending / sadder ending / mixed ending, everyone related to everyone else and pickled vegetables.

So yeah, perhaps survival mode for vegetables. Player can make some sort of super basic greenhouse type thing. Would require quite a few items. Operates during aurora and/or on a very slow burning fire. Can grow only a couple of things. Carrots? Beans? After they are grown, you can eat them instantly for a short boost to health or preserve (with large bags of salt? some foraged greenery for flavour?) them for a longer slow release food source. Similar technique for fish as well?

That has nothing to do with the ending.

• Upvote 1

I’d like to see Will stop drinking, and for he and Astrid to walk in to the new world together and start a new family.  Their child’s death/illness broke them.  But they are both survivors who still love each other. 
There will likely be a connection with father Thomas and the crash survivors.  Grey Mother will need to be checked on, though I believe she likely dies.  Grey Mother received her closure when Will delivered the necklace to her daughters grave site… She could fade into the long dark in peace.  Methuselah is clearly a representation of a spirit being, he watches over Will and is impressed when he exercised mercy with Hobbs, but he warned him that he would have to be strong to survive the world.  They are living in the new ice age now, they will have to remember the skills of their ancestors.  The prison inmates will be hunted down by the forest… or Molly… I believe Molly’s abusing husband was one of the escaped convicts.  Perhaps  the forest accepts Will and Astrid in the end and is no longer hostile.  Fade to black. Fade into the long dark.  

Edited by Semple Fi
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yogi said:

@Leeanda - So, anything else we need to cover? Will and Astrid happy ending / sadder ending / mixed ending, everyone related to everyone else and pickled vegetables.

So yeah, perhaps survival mode for vegetables. Player can make some sort of super basic greenhouse type thing. Would require quite a few items. Operates during aurora and/or on a very slow burning fire. Can grow only a couple of things. Carrots? Beans? After they are grown, you can eat them instantly for a short boost to health or preserve (with large bags of salt? some foraged greenery for flavour?) them for a longer slow release food source. Similar technique for fish as well?

That has nothing to do with the ending.

Can't think of any more plot twists at the moment! There is Jeremiah though , he's been absent from thoughts!  

As for the greenhouse I think there's a separate thread for that! Wonder why you can't grow things in a house though, surely they're warm enough for something to grow!   Perhaps growing things eventually restores the balance of nature!  Here comes summer! ☺ 

So when's the new Jurassic bunny sim coming out?😂

6 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I’d like to see Will stop drinking, and for he and Astrid to walk in to the new world together and start a new family.  Their child’s death/illness broke them.  But they are both survivors who still love each other. 
There will likely be a connection with father Thomas and the crash survivors.  Grey Mother will need to be checked on, though I believe she likely dies.  Grey Mother received her closure when Will delivered the necklace to her daughters grave site… She could fade into the long dark in peace.  Methuselah is clearly a representation of a spirit being, he watches over Will and is impressed when he exercised mercy with Hobbs, but he warned him that he would have to be strong to survive the world.  They are living in the new ice age now, they will have to remember the skills of their ancestors.  The prison inmates will be hunted down by the forest… or Molly… I believe Molly’s abusing husband was one of the escaped convicts.  Perhaps  the forest accepts Will and Astrid in the end and is no longer hostile.  Fade to black. Fade into the long dark.  

Same thoughts I had about Methuselah! Only you put it better!  As for Hobbs I pulled the knife once and pushed twice! 😀

Edited by Leeanda

47 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Can't think of any more plot twists at the moment! There is Jeremiah though , he's been absent from thoughts!  

As for the greenhouse I think there's a separate thread for that! Wonder why you can't grow things in a house though, surely they're warm enough for something to grow!   Perhaps growing things eventually restores the balance of nature!  Here comes summer! ☺ 

So when's the new Jurassic bunny sim coming out?😂

I guess I don't really have so much to say about Jeremiah. Maybe he and Molly are the children?? No Will. I dunno. I don't feel like he is necessarily so crucial to the end story development compared to Will and Astrid. Would it even matter if he was not crucial to the end of the story?

Actually... perhaps he saves Will in Episode 4. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Could work. Calling it now.

Jurassic Bunny Sim out January 18th, 1983. It's the prequel. Who do you think cause the electromagnetic nonsense. ps. It was the rabbits. They appear innocent, but in actually reality, it's all them.

Edited by yogi
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Methuselah is clearly a representation of a spirit being, he watches over Will and is impressed when he exercised mercy with Hobbs, but he warned him that he would have to be strong to survive the world.

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Same thoughts I had about Methuselah!

Pretty paternal, no??

25 minutes ago, yogi said:

Pretty paternal, no??

Yes I suppose he is! Not that I'd know really,  my dad was not the paternal type! 

30 minutes ago, yogi said:

I guess I don't really have so much to say about Jeremiah. Maybe he and Molly are the children?? No Will. I dunno. I don't feel like he is necessarily so crucial to the end story development compared to Will and Astrid. Would it even matter if he was not crucial to the end of the story?

Actually... perhaps he saves Will in Episode 4. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Could work. Calling it now.

Jurassic Bunny Sim out January 18th, 1983. It's the prequel. Who do you think cause the electromagnetic nonsense. ps. It was the rabbits. They appear innocent, but in actually reality, it's all them.

Jeremiah does have some dark secrets, related to molly perhaps!? If you come up with a story for him, let me know!

1983? I've said before that those bunnies were feral! The bears don't stand a chance. That's why you never see them together in the game!😁

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yes I suppose he is! Not that I'd know really,  my dad was not the paternal type! 

Jeremiah does have some dark secrets, related to molly perhaps!? If you come up with a story for him, let me know!

1983? I've said before that those bunnies were feral! The bears don't stand a chance. That's why you never see them together in the game!😁

What.... do you think I can just make things up on spot or something?? He's Molly's dead husband's brother?? Methuselah's son, but GM might or might not be the mother? I think he might be a little older than Will and Astrid though. I dunno.

Maybe he just ran the golf course near the Hunting Lodge before the electromagnetic shenanigans.

EDIT - Missed the comment about your dad. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by yogi
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yogi said:

What.... do you think I can just make things up on spot or something?? He's Molly's dead husband's brother?? Methuselah's son, but GM might or might not be the mother? I dunno.

Maybe he just ran the golf course near the Hunting Lodge before the electromagnetic shenanigans.

Alright it was only a suggestion!  He could be any or all of those for all we know!😃 

There's a thought.. Golf course on survival mode. The harder the difficulty setting the less clubs you get! See if you can get a hole in one using decapitated  bunny  head as ball!😄

16 minutes ago, yogi said:

I think someone has been playing too much of a certain game.😜

I don't know what you mean😀  I don't even touch the bunnies unless I decide to make the hat and gloves! My main target is the moose, it'd have to be a big hole to get a moose head in! More like a small crater!☺ imagine how big the golf course would have to be! 

Hmmmm.. Perhaps I should be playing a gentler game? Back to COD or far cry perhaps?

2 minutes ago, yogi said:

I'm sensing a bit of a pattern here.

Actually, perhaps Will can play solitaire to pass time. Bit of a mini-game.

No pattern! I like to cause mayhem on an irregular basis!  

He already plays it! Unless you mean so we can actually see the interaction not just the usual black screen!?

@Leeanda

• Molly connected to story still. Hard to say where this is going. Molly is likely to be the intermediary between Astrid and now Will - note how Molly "greets" him on the phone.  Seems like Molly has been hurt by a lot of men and perhaps Will regains some of that trust and she assists him somehow and in turn, Astrid. This episode might wrap up most of the Molly story??
  • Mathis - I think isn't an outright baddy. Just using the circumstances. I am expecting a sort of uneasy alliance with Will.
  • Jeremiah  - Then you've got your shock reveals mixed in. Jeremiah is very likely connected to someone. He knows SO much more than he's let on. He knows about Astrid's work. He knows about the prison. Will about to be harmed and at the last second you see the Bear Spear go through the person or their arm. It's Jeremiah. And he knows where Astrid is. Would he give Will a coat made from the Bear??? (new cold desolate areas).
  • We might take it that we'll get a cliffhanger or two towards the end, but perhaps not the end of the Astrid / Will story. Astrid walks into where Will is? Methuselah revealing possible connection to Will as father or uncle (father died)? Jeremiah saves Will from a bad thing,  eg Mathis whose uneasy alliance with Will has come to an end? Or perhaps J and M have been associated in the past, but now J realises times have changed.

We'll find out in a few weeks.

Edited by yogi