Loading times!

Leeanda

I know this is a console issue and not a game one but WHY oh WHY is it soooo slow !!!? Watching you tubers using PC and their loading times are several seconds but on my console it takes about a minute or so! I thought loading times were supposed to be a lot quicker on the newere ones? It's a really irritating problem! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I know this is a console issue and not a game one but WHY oh WHY is it soooo slow !!!? Watching you tubers using PC and their loading times are several seconds but on my console it takes about a minute or so! I thought loading times were supposed to be a lot quicker on the newere ones? It's a really irritating problem! 

Based on those load times I'm assuming you're playing on a Switch. The Switch is the lowest specced console on the market today, and frankly the fact that Hinterland even got the game to run on the Switch at all is pretty impressive. Comparing the Switch to a gaming PC is like comparing a bicycle to a Ducati. They're on entirely different levels.

And keep in mind this isn't me hating on Nintendo either, this is just a statement of fact: The Switch simply isn't on par with any other console, and especially not the kind of gaming PC a YouTuber would use. Now if you're NOT using a Switch, then I would suggest clearing up some space and see if that helps the situation. Xbox and PS have fairly moderate loading speeds, unless of course you're playing a game that's on like day 1500 and you've broken down every object in the world. Load times suck for those kinds of runs even on a gaming PC with an M.2 NVMe SSD.

Actually I am on Xbox one but there isn't much on it as its a few weeks old! And I am on day 568 ! I do have a switch but not TlD on it! It really is slow loading!!!!!

I actually prefer the 360 to the one I've got! As for the switch its not as good as the D's!  But I suppose we have to move with the times!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 1:44 PM, Leeanda said:

Actually I am on Xbox one but there isn't much on it as its a few weeks old! And I am on day 568 ! I do have a switch but not TlD on it! It really is slow loading!!!!!

I actually prefer the 360 to the one I've got! As for the switch its not as good as the D's!  But I suppose we have to move with the times!

The xbox one is actually terrible. It was slow and outdated as a gaming machine the day it was released. The CPUs on them were netbook cores that were originally designed to be in low power systems and not focused on performance. I am sure they were cheap to manufacture, relative to other options at the time.

The newer consoles, whatever they're called, are certainly much much better. Both MS and sony decided to put in some pretty decent hardware. They're comparable to a decent modern PC whereas the xbox one was slower than my CPU from 2009 despite the xbox releasing in 2013. I still use that 2009 CPU and load times in TLD aren't bad, even when loading off of a spinning hard drive.

• Like 1