Hobbs...

Wonderland wanderer

Hobbs...  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Lycrist said:

I believe(d) I saved him in my first playthrough and so consequently I killed him in my last. Also because he made me angry.

However I wondererd if saving him would have rewarded me with a hunting knife.

At my first walkthroughs, I pull a knife. But then I realize, that a "Bad... bad people..." just can't change. They like a wolves - when they healed their wounds, getting stronger, they seek for another wolves and then a crowd of wolves being hunt for a people like for any other living creature they can eat. Uh-uh. Not any more. They all going to pay now, Lyricist.

Edited by Wonderland wanderer
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the knife out because I thought I would get a new knife in my inventory lol.(I didn't .. Sad panda) But I also pulled it because as Will tells Methuselah "He deserved to die, but it's not for me to pass judgment on that"

And admittedly, I would do the same if I was in that situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PrincessAutumn said:

"He deserved to die, but it's not for me to pass judgment on that"

LOL

The irony in that statement... "He deserved to die..."

sounded to me like he was passing judgment when he said that.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:10 AM, PrincessAutumn said:

I pulled the knife out because I thought I would get a new knife in my inventory lol.(I didn't .. Sad panda) But I also pulled it because as Will tells Methuselah "He deserved to die, but it's not for me to pass judgment on that"

That's right... Right... (c)wounded trapper

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about Hobbs that bothers me is that the choice to push or pull the knife is the only decision, in three episodes, we make that has any hope of having consequences later on.

We don't have a choice, as MacKenzie, to just kill Grey Mother, take her rifle and the key to her daughter's trunk to get the mountaineering rope, and go.

We don't have a choice, as MacKenzie, to leave Jeremiah to his fate.

We don't have a choice, as Astrid, to refuse to help the survivors of the airliner crash.

The player, by narrative edict, does not have the choice to put their survival above everyone else, which is something I think would be fair to do given the situation.

I sincerely hope Episode 4 forces the player to make some critical decisions, decisions that will matter in the fifth and final chapter.

• Upvote 1

I think that considering that it seems like Black Rock will be the next location for chapter 4 and having to deal with inmates, the decision might have it's impact there. If you don't kill Hobbs, he might appear and say how you helped him and get you a lesser punishment or whatever. But if you killed him, the rest of the inmates will do whatever they were going to do to you without anyone stopping them. If that's the case I think it would be really neat.

Edited by Bimbobjoejr.

14 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

, he might appear and say how you helped him and get you a lesser punishment

Heh, I wouldn't count on that being he's a criminal. He might actually make your life harder and you'll regret saving him.😁that's what I would do anyways if I were a villain.

It also worth noting that, given the location where Hobbs was stabbed, pulling the knife out might have have caused him to start freshly bleeding, and without proper medical attention, he'd have bled out on that couch, so he's dead either way.

Alternately, since all the inmates scattered after the bus crash, who's to say any surviving inmates know about Hobbs' fate, let alone care? Those of us who pushed the knife might be able to get away with it scot free, with only Methuselah knowing about it.

On the other hand, if that decision ends up getting MacKenzie killed in the script of episode 4, that's a piss-poor narrative plot to put the player through. "Make a decision in Episode 1, die in Episode 4 because of it."

Edited by GothSkunk
  • Upvote 1