Hobbs...

Wonderland wanderer

Hobbs...  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

O deer. Hmm, makes me curious. You don't cook and you're not a killing type: why take the knife then? Hobbs is puzzled.

Anyways, I can cook rooski food; оливье, красный борщ, рыба под шубой. Also know how to cook best burgers in the world; cooked to perfection, juicy and runny. Yum! The whole table and you are a mess once you're through eating them!

Needed the knife for spreading honey on toast!😄 know burgers obviously what are the rest?barbecue sauce on burgers I presume?

Do kill often! Bear and moose! And on gtav!pity I can't post screenshots! Got an awesome car decked out with the Hinterland decals in a forest green! A thing of beauty!

I think this the story is written more for self reflection and the experience of it.  The writers of this game are clearly not cold and faithless, nor are they simply neutral observers.  Especially given that every purchase of the Long Dark contributes towards forest regrowth efforts...  
The choice doesn’t NEED to apply later in the story... I find myself struggling with it every run through Wintermute.   
I’ve played it three times, and I still can’t bring myself to not show mercy.  
I think hinterland has a moral lesson behind the story that they purposely want conveyed... Not for the purpose of a “choose your own adventure...” but for the experience.

personally, I enjoy it.  

@Semple Fi, from the way Ralph was responding in other thread, you may are right, either choice leads to the same outcome and story is unaffected.

@Leeanda, a good burger doesn't need a lot of fancy stuff. Mayonaise, onion, ketchup, tomato or cucumber and cabbage. Best!!

Sounds like you are a hardcore fan of TLD! Did you mod textures for gta5 to get hinterland theme in there? 

Edit misspelled Ralph

Edited by Stinky socks

No the hinterland was one of several paint jobs available but it was by far the best!just as well - the car was very expensive! So was the paint job actuallyl

Personally I've never had barb sauce! Ketchup is more than good enough for me! Did you mean cabbage? Or lettuce?   I'd rather have a hot dog or a whole cheesecake!! Got a very sweet tooth!

Probably lettuce. It's that light green stuff, like a ball wrapped into leaves. Makes a big leafy ball. I know what it means in russian, but in English I always keep mixing up the two.

You have never tried barbecue sauce? Wow. Interesting! Perhaps because you're not in 'murica! We have it here everywhere.

Sweet I like too! What's your favourite flavour for the cheesecake?

Yes I have a son! Not a kid though- he's 31 !! I was a mere child when I had him!😄

Yes you are polite but that doesn't make you Canadian! It makes you a kind ,well brought up person! Manners cost nothing is one of my  favourite mottos!!

Thought you were Canadian because the game is from there ergo most people on forum are also from there! Should have remembered that TLD is so popular!

What's your fave dessert/sweet?

😁 @Leeanda, your son is almost my age!

Dessert I always liked a good cookie! Chocolate chip ones are great. I actually like a lot of things, not very picky. As long as it's sweet and goes well with tea, I'm on it!

One special combo I really enjoy is black tea with lemon, I mean like 3 or 4 spoons sweet tea and bread with butter, slice of cheese and slice of kielbasa on top. The best!

Hobbs.

What's kielbasa? Black tea! Yuck!!  Sorry! I like it loads of milk and 3 sugars! Can't beat dunking a biscuit( sorry - cookie)  in tea!I eat digestives but you call them Graham crackers don't you?

You're still young then😁  you seem more mature ( best word I could think of no offence to him or you)!

This topic has gone so far off the Hobbs subject but I don't care! I'm having fun!

Kielbasa is like a russian sausage. Think bologna, but better! Maybe...salami? And thank you, I'll take that as a compliment about mature thing!

I'm sure Hobbs would agree about Graham cookies. I wonder what his diet was back at 'camp.'  We are back on topic sort of.

If  your dog looks at you with those big sad eyes it's hard to refuse! I know ! I've had a few dogs in my time! If they look at you like a timberwolf then it's a problem!!😄 I always fed my dogs dry food it's better for their teeth! Tinned is not pleasant -smell wise!. I don't envy will or  Astrid  eating it! Hobbs deserves it though!

Dogs are good at making you feel guilty! Naughty Fluffy!😄

Sorry  battery was dying (like Hobbs!).! If he did it was probably the hound of Baskerville!😃

My dog was the same with baths! Never heard him growl so much! Had to tie him up in garden and Chuck buckets of water on him! Not a happy doggie!  Ahh!! Memories of wet dog !😃

What breed is rebel?

Doubt it! He probably ate his! 

Sorry my auto-correct is insane or possessed! I typed ate 3 times and it turned into ale, are and ase( even though that last one doesn't exist!). That's why it said lol roll instead of loo roll on 'cleaning'.. I've sent some really embarrassing email's because of it?😄

With a name  like rebel I would have suspected a bull terrier or something like it!

Am I confusing autocorrect with the spellchecker thing!? Technology is not my strong point!

I'm in trouble when machines take over the world! Good old pen and paper suit me fine!😁

You could post a screenshot of rebel! I know it's not really TLD related unless it's bath time! Show us his fangs😁!

I pulled first time around, pushed the second. The straightforward question is " Is finishing this dude off immoral". After I thought about it, I wonder if the more appropriate question is " Is it immoral to *not* kill him".

There is another dimension to this other than the ethics of retributive actions. Are we absolutely certain he's hurt as badly as he's letting on? Astrid is an MD if I recall, so if it was her in this situation it may be a clearer situation. This is not the case however. By his own admission he is someone capable of murdering pretty much anyone if it benefits him.

What if he manages to recover enough to get moving again, at least with difficulty. What then? He knows where grey mother lives. While he doesn't know that you've been loading her up with rations and dry goods, he isn't stupid and would have to know she has at least enough to keep her going. If he's physically able there is nothing else stopping him from going up there and doing whatever he wants.

My argument is that you are quite possibly the only the only obstacle standing between him and a woman just trying to survive.