What is your FPS?

hozz1235

What is your FPS?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i7 2600 @3400 (i know, it's old), GTX 1660 ti OC 6 gig, 16 gigs ram, Creative Labs Soundblaster Titanium

TLD is installed on an SSD.

Ultra settings, 1080p @ 120hz

high of 120 fps, low of 90.

The game plays buttery smooth for me. OP, what resolution are you playing at and what settings? 40 fps seems awfully low.

Edited by xAnAngelOfDeathx

39 minutes ago, Pyroxene said:

How do you check FPS on ps4?

I play on an Xbox One, and have a freesync monitor, which basically switches the refresh rate to match with the fps the system is getting, using information from the graphics card. (only works with AMD cards). I've ran some tests, and it looks as if in more open areas, such as the fields of PV, there's a very smooth 60fps, and then in more intense like near the goldmine in AC, it fluctuates in between 40-60 fps. Now, since the PS4 has similar, if not better specs than the Xbox One, I would believe you would have pretty much the same FPS, with maybe less fluctuation.

Now, we have to think, on console's I am very sure we would be running similar to to medium, to low settings (we can't change resolution, textures, etc). Due to a bad render distance, paired with 1080p, and quite pixelated textures, I would think the game wouldn't run too well on high or max settings. But with next-gen, I think we could see a change.

• Upvote 1

I get a pretty consistent 60-70 FPS, maybe not the best... but it plays smoothly enough.
I found that lower than that tended to make struggles really difficult to manage (which is when I started getting good at evading & avoiding predators :D).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:08 AM, metlman72 said:

Playing on XB 1X

Yeah, I'd imagine the Xbox One X would stay at a stable 60fps. I've been waiting to get my hands on the Series X since November now, since I am running on the seven year old generation one Xbox One, hoping it doesn't quit!

5 hours ago, theisaactrain said:

Yeah, I'd imagine the Xbox One X would stay at a stable 60fps. I've been waiting to get my hands on the Series X since November now, since I am running on the seven year old generation one Xbox One, hoping it doesn't quit!

I am also waiting for the Series X. I hope within the next month or so stores will have them again. 

My system now is not bad but the next gen is just a huge step up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tried it using enhance and override, neither one gives me AA. Also tried nVidia Nspector(advanced stand-alone control panel), but I don't know which flag works.

I've read somewhere due to post processing effects and sometimes bloom, AA gets disabled, but there are ways to force it using behavior flags, but I don't know which one will work.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:25 PM, hozz1235 said:

If you're hitting over 50, I'd like to know what your settings are and what kind of hardware you're running.

It seems I hover around 40.  I would expect more due to my RTX 2070.

What CPU are you running?

I have a weird system. ryzen 3950x, rx6900xt, 64GB RAM, dual TB nvme pcie4 drives in a mirrored RAID.

I run the game with everything all the way up at 4K and get all of the frames. The video card's fans only spin up a bit. I do rate lock it to 60Hz though, because that's what the TV I play video games on is capable of doing, so why use more electricity than I need to?

I run the windows version of the game under the Proton dx3d compatibility libraries under linux; I think the two main ones are DXVK and D9VK depending on which version of directx is being supported. Proton is awesome, esp. because the linux version of TLD is broken, so I'm very glad I'm able to play the Windows version of the game; I think the linux version started breaking around the "Vigilant Flame" update, IIRC. So... yeah. Weird system, but it works.

Not that strange of a system. That's a lot of cores and ram but I imagine you do stuff beyond gaming with your system. What would have been strange is if you did production work and purchased intel. Almost as strange as intel releasing the 11900K which is slower and more expensive than their previous part.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:06 AM, odizzido said:

Not that strange of a system. That's a lot of cores and ram but I imagine you do stuff beyond gaming with your system. What would have been strange is if you did production work and purchased intel. Almost as strange as intel releasing the 11900K which is slower and more expensive than their previous part.

Yeah, I work at a distributed computing startup; my home machine participates in the computation network on a reasonably routine basis (for testing the distributed computer) and we have a lot of AI workloads; being able to get a lot of that going on at once is a major plus when we're trying to stress test the components that make up the distributed compute network.

When I think back to the ol' 486-66 with it's whopping four whole MB of RAM running DOS and win 3.11 it's pretty amazing how far it's come in thirty years.

Guest jeffpeng
On 4/2/2021 at 11:27 PM, stratvox said:

I think the linux version started breaking around the "Vigilant Flame" update, IIRC.

VF was the last iteration that worked. The one after that... Steadfast Ranger? .... was the one that killed it.

On 3/11/2021 at 1:25 AM, hozz1235 said:

It seems I hover around 40.  I would expect more due to my RTX 2070.

That can't be right. My old 390X did about that at (mostly) maximum settings.

To add insult to injury my Mac Mini M1 does 50 FPS steady outdoors on ultra with the exception of Medium Post FX. And I might remind you that an M1 is basically a tablet CPU, or two fused iphones, depending on how you look at it.

So something must be very wrong with your GPU or CPU outside of the scope of the game.

Edited by jeffpeng

Guest jeffpeng
4 minutes ago, odizzido said:

I remember loading as much as possible into high memory so I could play games as a kid.

Screw you, EMM386.EXE. 🤣