Portable cooking stove

Boneviolin

I think a portable cooking stove would be a nice way to warm up drinks and small foods, If you dont want to waste your time and wood just to warm up a drink or a can of food on The go. It could be powered with lamp oil.

Edited by Boneviolin

If it were one of those collapsible rocket stoves, it could work. They run on small wood (sticks).

A benefit of this is that it´s harder for the wind to blow it out, a downside is that you need to keep feeding it if you want it to burn for a long time (can´t just bung a bunch on sticks on and go to sleep).

I mainly meant that The stove would Be toggled on and off as long as you like, without really giving you warmth. It could be just for warming up a drink of some food. But also a simplier one would be good, that uses sticks and doesn't Have Any of those fancy toggling systems. I just tought it would be pretty useful and nice to Have on The game.

Sort of related to this, there actually is a real thing you can buy that is a combination lantern and stove.  It provides a flat surface on top for a pot, and you to use the heat of the lantern to cook with, instead of it just radiating out as waste.

It'd probably be a nightmare to code and implement so I'm not expecting anything.  But having a single portable cook surface that can be set anywhere would be cool, even in places that don't normally support a fire like the Jackrabbit Island house.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Sort of related to this, there actually is a real thing you can buy that is a combination lantern and stove.  It provides a flat surface on top for a pot, and you to use the heat of the lantern to cook with, instead of it just radiating out as waste.

It'd probably be a nightmare to code and implement so I'm not expecting anything.  But having a single portable cook surface that can be set anywhere would be cool, even in places that don't normally support a fire like the Jackrabbit Island house.

I was just thinking this AJ.

Instead of a whole separate object, we could have a kind of add on for the lantern to let it heat a can or cup. There would need to be a down side for balance... Maybe it uses lots of fuel and condition deteriorates quickly?

neat idea but its venturing away from the primitive nature of the game that i personally enjoy so it would be a no from me.  there are loads of neat backpacking gadgets that would make survival easier, but im much more interested in expanding the 'improvised/primitive' crafting options

On 5/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, peteloud said:

That is exactly the same function as fire.

Right on, I agree.

Especially given that sticks are free and lamp oil isn't (in terms of effort to acquire).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Besides, I think the idea of a "portable stove" is unnecessary given all our other options... and I don't think it would be much of a value add considering the time and resource investment of implementing (and also because I'm generally not in favor of things that make life easier for the player :D).

Edited by ManicManiac