Bleak Inlet

hozz1235

12 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I don't mind that decision on their part. Since the same can be said of HRV.

However, HRV is a wilderness area where one wouldn't expect to find a Crafting Table.

The "Room With Everything" minus a crafting table in Bleak Inlet makes no sense at all.

It's the one and only thing I don't like about HRV either; but as you say, at least it makes some sort of sense in that zone.  I think there should be one somewhere in the Cannery complex... and not locked off with the other equipment in the mill room... either that or they should maybe take it off the list of zones a Pilgrim player can start in.

11 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It's the one and only thing I don't like about HRV either; but as you say, at least it makes some sort of sense in that zone.  I think there should be one somewhere in the Cannery complex... and not locked off with the other equipment in the mill room... either that or they should maybe take it off the list of zones a Pilgrim player can start in.

Agreed, even if it is in the trailer in the Cannery...just somewhere in Bleak Inlet.

There not actually being one period is...highly illogical.

3 hours ago, stratvox said:

How are you doing dealing with the timberwolves? What difficulty setting are you playing at?

I'm on Pilgrim, so no hassle with the wolfs. But I've seen them near the lookout and the pier. I do not think you can aviod them when going to visit Bleak Inlet.

Aurora seems to occure quite often on Pilgrim. Didn't have to wait long to get the door opened. The illumination of the workshop is quite impressing to me.

Disco time at the workshop:

image.thumb.png.c90bf2f35ea781c7076dac3350f2eaf9.png

Spoiler!

Look what I've found in the supervisor's room there,

image.thumb.png.c643d9e6b87b99f6bfb97d68cd0a7509.png

next to the trash bin

image.thumb.png.f85a084e750c215136312d1786615b91.png

8 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Look for a rope up...but if you didn't get the code from up top...you won't be able to get in even with the Aurora active.

Do you get the code from the radio tower? also is it randomly generated to give each run a reason to find it?

Edited by Starcraftz01

16 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

The game code for the workbench.

screen_dda9e91c-be56-452b-ab28-31ede3be3699_hi.thumb.png.ee44d9b26e5116d4a991fe7fd6545685.png

This looks like it should be a workbench. Maybe just a bug.

Have put it in as a bug...but is not exactly like other crafting tables.

However not having a regular crafting table in this room is highly illogical as I've already stated.

Edited by RossBondReturns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

If you think about it, so is having an ammo bench for a cannery workshop...I just tack it up to game balance.  But, yes, I also thought it was odd to see that bench with a vice and not usable.

These canners seem to be hardcore.

I can see them having a ammo crafting bench installed. It was almost certainly added the moment things started going south.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

If you think about it, so is having an ammo bench for a cannery workshop...I just tack it up to game balance. 

The Cannery is clearly a front. I mean, have you tried their sardines? Something fishy is going on there, let me tell you.

• Upvote 1

I also don't like that there are no workbenches, but I don't think I will be doing much crafting there because you need to have good gear BEFORE you go in there. That said, it would be really annoying if a wolf or bear ate your rabbit heat while in BI and you would have to run to Spence or the Camp Office. 

• Upvote 1

Just gone back to have a look at the first teaser we got for the workshop, the picture on the Nov developer blog.  Looks different to how the workshop appears in the game, I presume that the Nov image was a bit of initial concept art?  If so I'd love to see some more of these...

Anyone else had an issue in the workshop where they were unable to interact with objects (similar to but not the same as the common bug that makes you have to restart when you can't interact with anything at all)?  I've been unable to breakdown wooden crates in there so far.