Placing Rifle “in” a gunrack

TROY

I started a new game this weekend and I am unable to “place” the rifle in the gunrack at Trapper Cabin.

I was able to do so on the last survival game I was playing- which was started before the recent episode 3 update.

was that just a fluke, or can anyone confirm that gunracks used to have a snap point for the rifle that no longer works?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Oh, that stinks... I'll try it out tomorrow.

Has anyone submitted a bug report yet?
@Admin

I  did a quick Pilgrim test run, and submitted one, with a few debug screenshots. Multiple reports of this on the Steam forums as well, hopefully some of those folks also submitted reports. I only tested one location, Milton House in Mountain Town. The rifle sinks through the rack, and the fireplace wall, multiple angles and approaches tried, without success.

2099672100_screen_(410)_f3e109cc-0ddb-4f11-b701-7204bedaf097.thumb.png.144a9e6d383ece2cf3c03f2623ccbe8c.png

568181430_screen_(410)_033b0cc2-a845-46a3-8aa0-64492edc86d2.thumb.png.2dde7705adfa3ed3119fcf586efdb1ec.png

• Like 1

Yeah, like I said it was a quick test (with many restarts to get a rifle close to a place I knew a gunrack was), so I can't speak to other locations in the world being affected. 

I did also find I could not place the rifle horizontally on the sofa, and the table next to the sofa would only allow me to place it to the very back, against the wall. Placing it on the floor was no problem, though. 

6 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yeah, like I said it was a quick test (with many restarts to get a rifle close to a place I knew a gunrack was), so I can't speak to other locations in the world being affected. 

I did also find I could not place the rifle horizontally on the sofa, and the table next to the sofa would only allow me to place it to the very back, against the wall. Placing it on the floor was no problem, though. 

That's been my experience with several objects, not just guns.   I've encountered objects sinking into the places I've been trying to place them.  Right now, my rifle is resting half inside the trunk in the bedroom in the Paradise Meadows farmhouse... making it look like the trunk has been skewered by the rifle itself... looks cool, but definitely not right.

13 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Can confirm. Also a lot of things seem to have hugely bigger collision boxes when placing them now. Started with 1.62.

I’ve noticed that as well, but it’s only when you first drop them. After reloading the game they go back to normal.