Go! Energy Drink

hozz1235

On 5/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, hozz1235 said:

An acceptable side effect!  I can see slugging one of these before a long rope climb.

On my way up to Timberwolf Mountain, I usually prepare coffee in that shack near the rope climb. Now all I need to do is slug back some Go! How many calories does it provide?

Guest kristaok

Wait, this Go Energy causes a Headache? WOW! I am glad they are implementing these little but realistic features. :D At first I did not like the Vision Distortion with the Pain Affect, but now I am feeling that it is very "immersive" and it's growing on me! Yes! hopefully next we get Rabbit Starvation aka Protein Poisoning and other realistic Affects! :P 

Not used the two Go Drinks I found in my longish running sandbox. They were in the medical cache. Both were at ruined (0%) or near ruined (4%) states. I expected to find them in better condition given the recent spawn, but then I tend to find Energy Bars at ruined (0%) condition (even on the occasion I played 4DON a couple years back when it was an inline event, in a different sandbox that no longer exists).

Guest kristaok

I was sadly not able to get this Go Energy Drink, or the Other Things... I sadly died in my 7 Day Voyager Custom Run. 😢 BUT! have no fear! I will be making a Pilgrim Mode Run... I know Pilgrim <.< heh heh... But I REALLY do want to test out these new Items. I am going back to the beginning everyone! :P 

Edited by kristaok

I drank one of these early on as a test, but wasn't able to truly appreciate the effects until just now when I used one to get up the rope from the broken railroad ravine.  It's a nice addition, halfway between popping an e-stim and drinking a cup of coffee.  Although that sudden crash when the effects expire and I suddenly had just this tiny sliver of fatigue was a bit dramatic. And I popped painkillers to try and deal with the headache (because why not) and it didn't do anything.  So that's odd.

In my recent Voyager attempt with the new update (and its early issues with sprains etc) I got into a deep with a wolf who put me into a struggle (and I tried holding the button without setting it in settings first... silly me :D - so I went into a similar kind of struggle as a bear, where I woke up "after", and lost a lot of condition due to it. )

This happened at Maintenance yard. I made my way out of it through Forlorn Muskeg after some basic rest on the way to Mystery lake´s more forgiving region. Well, sometime after low blind, a blizzard hit, and if I didnt have my trusty can of Go! energy drink, I would have been a popsicle by now! After I chose to chug it, it gave me an incredible boost to energy, clearing my fatigue and allowing me to sprint! I have ran to the safety of the Hat creek cave, where I arrived at 3% condition, dropped down to 2% as an aftermath of developing an infection because I had no way to treat that after my wolf struggle... Get yourself a can of this delicious, life-saving nectar as well, and survive the most unfortunate scenarios! Just for 2.99!

For your reading pleasure, in the spoiler, you shall find my two most relevant status update posts I made on this :) 

Forlorn Muskeg.

Im freezing. Im half dead. Its awful weather outside. I grab a few sticks that I come across, as I cut my way to the low blind. I know my only chance to live is to make it to the Hat creek cave, where I can hopefully reculpurate, especially if I actually catch the infection.

I make a fire to warm up, and I cook two cups of reishi tea from the mushrooms I grabbed earlier. These are my last chance in case the infection hits. No peroxide bottle in the blind... just more bullets for both firearms. Im getting desperate... what now...

I start walking when winds pick up and blizzard launches. This is it. No chance I will reach it on my 20% condition unless I do something... I rip open the Go! energy drink and chug it in one sweep. This boost of energy is great! And this fatigue boost and stamina boost will certainly give me a chance!

I run what I can towards the creek, as Im freezing to death.

I reach the bottom of the creek, and 10% of condition is shown by a blurry vision of my screen.

I reach the upper lake. 

5% condition.

I finally jump into the cave, at alarming 3% of condition left. I am safe, for this very moment... but who knows what happens if infection strikes? I will for sure die then...

The Cave

At merely 3% of condition, I fall down onto a bedroll. Im tempted to make screenshots but right now, every second counts...

I sleep 1 hour, wake up with 7% condition. I sleep another hour and at the very beggining of this hour, my biggest fear comes to realization... the infection, caused by the wolf bite, develops.

I wake up with 3% condition again.
I drink the reishi tea. I drink a full load of water.

3% condition remaining.
I eat a bunch of peanut butter.
2% condition remaining.

I go to sleep for 10 hours.

I wake up fully rested, it is early in the morning, and I have about 12% of condition.

I survived. I was clinging to life, but I have lived through it.

20190508014954_1.thumb.jpg.d613384b7bc0bc4b2901af1b376692b5.jpg

The Go! energy drink is great tool if you get yourself into a bind, I am not sure how much fatigue it recovered for me, but it was quite a significant amount, Id say about 30%... now I sprinted it all out, so Im not sure if that fatigue dissapears afterwards, but for a quick boost of energy, and the reduced fatigue affliction, it makes for a great tool for sure.

Sounds like everyone is using them for climbing. I guess I can see why - but I will keep mine around for difficult situations. I can do the rope climbs well enough with coffee and frequent rests, I never really speed up the rope climbs that much, if I can reach the summit within a day, I consider that a victory... for that, I only need one cup of coffee and full fatigue when I start the ascension from the Engine ravine (or Mountaineers, where I goat down the hill to Engine ravine). I use the coffee for climbs only for its ability to reduce fatigue. Since you can hit escape to interrupt drinking of items, you can take a sip of coffee before the climb, only use up about one 4th of the coffee mug, and get the fatigue reduced affliction for long enough just to climb that one rope. This is the best way I found to make use of coffee so I can save it up for later. Great that now I can sip birch bark tea to make a refreshing drink for when I just wanna have a drink of something hot in the mornin. :D 

Edited by Mroz4k
  • Upvote 3

'Go!' Is pretty nice, It is like the inverse of coffee.

You use coffee to prepare, and 'Go!' When preperation leads to desperation.

Ive yet to know the actual consequences of the headache affliction though.

Edited by MarrowStone