finding all locations

cullam

So I'm trying to hit 100% exploration on my current game. I know my way around the levels (after my hundred+ hours of addicted play), but my journal says I've explored 146 regions on the map, but I've only discovered 91% of the locations. I think I'm hitting every named place on the detailed maps that are available. Does anyone know how many locations there are, or have a full list of them? I don't know if the maps I was looking at are incomplete, or if I just did something dumb. 

I'm not able to reach the 100% either, not entirely sure what could I be missing, I've walked each region a dozen times looking for them. 

The last update added a few new locations, so the percentages got affected. Not sure if there is a bug, anyone has the 100% here?

I can't tell for sure if I've really found each and every last place accessible in the current game version, but I'm stuck at 94% and 153 locations (incl. all bunkers) at the moment. Hope that information helps you a little. :normal:

When discussing the topic, please keep in mind that there may be maps (or new regions within old maps, like e.g. the bottom of the ravine) that will only be revealed once story mode launches. So It's well-possible (and imo very likely) that it's atm impossible to really discover 100% of all locations.

41 minutes ago, The_Saltshaker said:

0u8QBog.jpg

-

508 days and 0 wolf close encounters.  Very, very nice.  My stats can't possibly look like that.  I feel like I've had hand to hand combat with wolves somewhere in the double digits...  O.o

I'll have to check a couple of noted details when I get home, but this is what I know of, for locations. That's 137, or possibly 140, if the ones I noted are 2 or three locations. The fact that a bunch of places, even in the same area, have the same names is definitely not a help. Feel free to point out any I missed, and maybe we can get a useful community document laying it out. 

Mystery Lake  
Alan's Cave  
Camp Office  
Clear Cut  
Dave' Quiet Clearing  
Deadfall Area  
Derailment  
Forestry Lookout  
Frozen Creek  
Ice-Fishing Huts  
Lake Cabin  
Lake Cabin  
Lake Cabin  
Lake Cabin  
Lake Cabins  
Lake Cabins  
Lake Overlook  
Lake Trail  
Logging Camp  
Lone Cabin  
Lone Cabin  
Lookout  
Max's Last Stand  
Mystery Lake  
Mystery Lake (Western Access)  
River (Northern Access)  
River (southern Access)  
Trailer  
Trailer  
Trailer  
Train Brdige  
Train Loading Area  
Trapper's Cabin  
Trapper's Homestead  
Tunnel Collapse  
Unnamed Pond  
Pleasant Valley  
Barn  
Basement  
Burned Ridge Cave  
Cascading Falls  
Cave  
Cave  
Contemplation Bridge  
Derelict Cabins  
Draft Dodger's Cabin  
End of the Road  
Farmhouse & Basement Two different places?
Forest Cave  
Heartbreak Bridge  
Hilltop Cave  
Hunter's Blind  
Lonely Homestead  
Long Curve  
Lower Falls  
Mystic River Picnic Area  
Pensive Pond  
Picnic Spot  
Pleasant Valley Farmstead  
Pleasant Valley Outbuildings  
Point of Disagreement  
Radio Control Hut  
Rural Crossroads  
Rural Houses  
Signal Hill  
Skeeter's Ridge  
Three Strikes Farmstead  
Upper Falls  
Timberwolf Mountain  
Andre's Peak  
Cave  
Chasm Cave  
Connecting Cave systems?  
Crystal Lake  
Deer Clearing  
Echo Peak East  
Echo Peak West  
Echo Ravine  
Engine  
Engine  
Eric's Falls  
Forest Cave  
Landing Gear  
Mountaineer's Hut  
Secluded Shelf  
Summit  
Tail Section  
Waterfall Cave  
Wing  
Wing  
Desolation Point  
Abandoned Mine No 5  
Blocked Highway  
Broken Bridge  
Cave  
Hibernia Processing & Trailers multiple places?
Katie's Secluded Corner  
Little Island  
Lonely Lighthouse  
Matt's Truck  
Stone Church  
The Riken  
Waterfall  
Coastal Highway  
Abandoned Lookout  
Bear Creek Campground  
Cabin  
Cabin  
Cabins  
Coastal House  
Coastal House  
Coastal House  
Coastal Houses  
Coastal Townsite  
Commuter's Lament  
Fishing Cabin  
Fishing Camp  
Jackrabbit Island  
Log Sort  
Misanthrope's Homestead  
Quonset Gas Station  
Rabbit Grove  
Rockfall  
Silent Clearing  
The Tooth  
Trailer  
Trailer  
Trailer  
Trailer  
Train Unloading  
Waterfront Cottages  
Carter Hydro Dam and Environs  
Cave System  
Lower Dam  
Upper Dam  
Winding River  
Border Regions  
Abandoned Harris Home  
Cider Hills Coal Mine Abandoned Mine  
Crumbling Highway  
Old Island Connector No 3 Coal Mine  
Ravine Basin  
Road Collapse  
The Arch  

On 22.6.2016 at 9:05 AM, Scyzara said:

I can't tell for sure if I've really found each and every last place accessible in the current game version, but I'm stuck at 94% and 153 locations (incl. all bunkers) at the moment. Hope that information helps you a little. :normal:

When discussing the topic, please keep in mind that there may be maps (or new regions within old maps, like e.g. the bottom of the ravine) that will only be revealed once story mode launches. So It's well-possible (and imo very likely) that it's atm impossible to really discover 100% of all locations.

Let me think, when my 150 locations are 93% and your 153 l. 94% then 1% are 3 locations?O.o That means I missed 21 Locations??? I can`t believe it...

nice list Cullam. I recently just realised that my 200fay stalker run has not registered on my journal/stats page. I think as I done I before the stats page was introduced,lol so I'm currently trying again on day 35ish just searched PV fully. So as I will be doing a bit of travelling again I might try this challenge myself.

Linie if you have done most of /all of these locations in one life then, it may take a bit of scrolling dependant how long you've survived, but you could check places visited on each day of survival in your journal

So I'll need to do some careful counting, but having had a chance to fire up the game again (totally ignoring my exploration, and trying to hog all the supplies for Whiteout), I've confirmed that a bunch of the areas that are listed as single places on the map then have a bunch of individual buildings. Sometimes that number changes, as which/how many cabins are smoldering ruins is variable. I'll do more research, and update the list. 

And @LinieBurrito456, the total number of locations seems to be 163, give or take. So you're only missing 13! And apparently none of the prepper's caches count, so that helps! 

1 hour ago, sierra 117 said:

Linie if you have done most of /all of these locations in one life then, it may take a bit of scrolling dependant how long you've survived, but you could check places visited on each day of survival in your journal

Hu! Thanks for that hint!

51 minutes ago, cullam said:

And @LinieBurrito456, the total number of locations seems to be 163, give or take. So you're only missing 13! And apparently none of the prepper's caches count, so that helps! 

yes! Thank you!

Hooray! It was indeed possible... although I only have 163! :)

I think the game has lost count at some of the last updates. I had to re-discover many locations in Mistery Lake to get the 100%.

Worth looking into it :) 

100%.JPG

On 25.6.2016 at 9:25 PM, Ohbal said:

Hooray! It was indeed possible... although I only have 163! :)

I think the game has lost count at some of the last updates. I had to re-discover many locations in Mistery Lake to get the 100%.

Yes same happen to me, found 2 Locations as undiscovered, where I was for a long time.

But I stock at 95% now, I read the journal and count all location at the maps I have from steam, I can`t find the last 5%.

For what is worth, all "re-discovered" locations I've cross my path with are outside ones, and not the interiors. 

The bug kept on going yesterday, I'll keep updating this thread with progress. Here is the last screenshot, already at 173 locations

100%.JPG

Yeah, it's almost certainly a bug. I'm also rediscovering various locations in ML atm of which I'm 100% sure I've already disovered them in the past so my journal is actually counting them twice now. Have you already written a bug report about it, Ohbal?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 1:29 PM, cullam said:

So I'll need to do some careful counting, but having had a chance to fire up the game again (totally ignoring my exploration, and trying to hog all the supplies for Whiteout), I've confirmed that a bunch of the areas that are listed as single places on the map then have a bunch of individual buildings. Sometimes that number changes, as which/how many cabins are smoldering ruins is variable. I'll do more research, and update the list. 

The Prepper caches do count. I checked my journal on the days I found them, and it went up 1%.  My theory on this is that the interiors of houses and cabins which are sometimes burned down count, so on some play throughs, it is not possible to reach 100% if you got unlucky on how many were there and were not there. For example, sometimes, you will find 5 cabins on the shore of Mystery Lake, other times, you may only find two, or three, and in Coastal Highway, the number of houses left standing can vary greatly from one character to the next.

Archived