TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Five -- "Last Horizon", Launches June 24th at 10AM Pacific

Admin

22 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Trader and Safehouse Customization are not coming in Part Five, just to be clear.

ah sorry my bad, thought it would be the last part of TALES. Thank you for clarification!

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

One more part to go!

Dude, will the next DLC update come in September? Because he has a goal of releasing the 5th Episode by the end of this year and December, choosing which one to release and how will be a big challenge.It was also said that there was a possibility that surprises that were not on the list when the DLC was released would come to the expansion pack. I hope there will be things that will add color to the game.For example, Food part 2, Clothes, new mechanics etc.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rush247 said:

Honestly I'm hoping Wintermute is released next, just so all the people screaming on Steam have a reason to be happy finally.

People who scream on steam are never happy 

• Upvote 5

@Pyroxene

We know it should contain everything on the DLC roadmap that's not already released or in Part 5! Which at this point should include (but not limited too) Base customization, some sort of Trader, and in game camera and related equipment to develop your own photos

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, K3V038 said:

So we will get the update video the same time we get tftft part 5? It would be a bit better if we got it a bit early to get ready for whats coming beforehand...

Depending on which platform you use...  I see the video hours before the update turns up on Xbox....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pyroxene said:

@stratvox

I'm speculating that part 6 will be a coastal region

I think that the high pass region is going to be the last region added to TFTFT. I do think that part 5 of Wintermute will feature a coastal region, based on that picture of the steam-powered sail ship in the teaser image for it:

r/thelongdark - Episode 5 title revealed

Like I said at the time, if you think about it, a sailing ship with an aftermarket steam engine installed would be a good way to get around the world after the Flare, because none of those technologies are reliant in any way on properly functioning electrical circuits so they wouldn't get destroyed by it.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:14 AM, K3V038 said:

So we will get the update video the same time we get tftft part 5? It would be a bit better if we got it a bit early to get ready for whats coming beforehand...

It'll give me something to do while I download the update :) 

• Hinterland

Just signed off on Monday's update video. It's over 10 mins long and full of great stuff. I'm so excited for you all to see it that I'm almost ready to leak it to you myself. The team has really outdone themselves with this update, and I personally think it's one of our best update videos yet. I know it's infuriating to read this and still have to wait a few days. And I'm sure there will be some surprises and upsets on Monday, but just at this very moment I feel so proud of the team and this is the best best part of the update process -- just before it drops, when I can imagine all your faces when you open it up and see what's in store...

The team's just putting the final touches on things and we're finalizing the release notes and all that last-minute stuff...but it's not far now. See you on Monday at 10AM Pacific. 

• Upvote 9
  • Like 13

I love the enthusiasm, and you should be proud,you all should... 

Looking forward to the video on Monday and trying out the new stuff first thing Tuesday morning...pesky time difference 😁

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Just signed off on Monday's update video. It's over 10 mins long and full of great stuff. I'm so excited for you all to see it that I'm almost ready to leak it to you myself. The team has really outdone themselves with this update, and I personally think it's one of our best update videos yet. I know it's infuriating to read this and still have to wait a few days. And I'm sure there will be some surprises and upsets on Monday, but just at this very moment I feel so proud of the team and this is the best best part of the update process -- just before it drops, when I can imagine all your faces when you open it up and see what's in store...

The team's just putting the final touches on things and we're finalizing the release notes and all that last-minute stuff...but it's not far now. See you on Monday at 10AM Pacific. 

Dude, you know exactly how to create excitement.I probably won't be able to watch it on Monday because I'll be at work. But I will watch the video with great curiosity next Saturday.But there is a question that comes to my mind.This sentence is a very magical sentence. "And I'm sure there will be some surprises and upsets on Monday"Let's see what surprises or sadness await us. It's such an open-ended sentence, everything comes to my mind. :) I believe it will be a nice update.We trust Hinterland studio and you :)

• Upvote 2

• Hinterland
15 minutes ago, dominik89 said:

Dude, you know exactly how to create excitement.I probably won't be able to watch it on Monday because I'll be at work. But I will watch the video with great curiosity next Saturday.But there is a question that comes to my mind.This sentence is a very magical sentence. "And I'm sure there will be some surprises and upsets on Monday"Let's see what surprises or sadness await us. It's such an open-ended sentence, everything comes to my mind. :) I believe it will be a nice update.We trust Hinterland studio and you :)

Haha - oh, well no I wasn't thinking of anything specific. Just a more general statement on how people react to new things, kind of inspired by the discussion over here: 

• Upvote 4