Bear skin bedroll

JerimiahSettle

Being in Pilgrim, the standard bedroll was sufficient though the bearskin bedroll was helpful for my semi-fixed locations, like fishing in Keeper's Pass South by the cave entrance.  I have upgraded the standard bedroll to the improvised down bedroll which has better warmth for a small increase in the weight.  

I suppose I tend to find it a bit more durable for day-to-day use (sleeping) than the standard bedroll, but I do think the standard bedroll seems less durable than I'd like but I am a player of course it won't be durable enough to suit me.  :(

• Upvote 1

I've alternated between regular and bear roll on most runs..I kill so many bears I think I may as well use the hides..I'm on pilgrim so it doesn't really matter though.. but it does feel that the bear roll needed repairing more often than the regular one..

@JerimiahSettle

Perhaps it's worth reporting via the support portal.

I have no way to validate the information on the wiki, but it suggests that the bear skin bedroll is actually slightly more durable than the standard bedroll (in terms of decay per day when being used).  However, that may have changed over the years... that's hard to tell without input from Hinterland (or @Admin perhaps).

The wiki gives the following for bedroll decay rates:
image.png.7420be19ce34766549d827d1e9090358.png
The wiki suggests that the bearskin bedroll will decay a bit faster while carried/stored... but actually decay less when actually being used.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
As I said, I have no way to know for sure about how the decay rates are actually tuned (or if they have changed), but this is the information we have available to us.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@JerimiahSettle

Perhaps it's worth reporting via the support portal.

I have no way to validate the information on the wiki, but it suggests that the bear skin bedroll is actually slightly more durable than the standard bedroll (in terms of decay per day when being used).  However, that may have changed over the years... that's hard to tell without input from Hinterland (or @Admin perhaps).

The wiki gives the following for bedroll decay rates:
image.png.7420be19ce34766549d827d1e9090358.png
The wiki suggests that the bearskin bedroll will decay a bit faster while carried/stored... but actually decay less when actually being used.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
As I said, I have no way to know for sure about how the decay rates are actually tuned (or if they have changed), but this is the information we have available to us.

It seems to have changed from the early days.  I distinctly remember that the bedroll would decay per use because I spammed it to repair it when I was working on getting all my skills to Level 5.  I had lots of cloth, but very few cloth clothes I could repair since I had diligently harvested any that I wasn't using as I worked my way through the world, so I found I could speed up the times the game would allow me to repair the bedroll by sleeping in it in short increments.  I was curious so I just ran a quick test and it no longer seems to decay that way. I'm not sure the Wiki is correct either.  I set a custom run with pilgrim settings but the decay rate was pushed to very high.  My bedroll started at 100% and stayed there despite 6 short one-hour sleeps during the first night.  It stayed at 100% until I went to sleep on the second night.  On the second night, I used the bedroll for one 8-hour sleep; and the condition reduced to 99%.  However, this does not coincide with the 2.4% decay rate (used) shown either.  BTW, this was just a regular bedroll.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, odizzido said:

The atmosphere is full of acid. That's why everything decays so quickly and you start dying the moment you go outside. If you didn't regenerate like the T1000 your face would melt like that guy on raiders of the lost arc.

This is true, my face melts every day. It totally sucks.