Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

942631931_PVFarmhousebear.thumb.png.e6f9c83de9bef35b84f732486083d37c.png

I started up a new Voyager guy in Pleasant Valley to do some scouting.  I think the Farmhouse is the place for the Library (or at least a good option).  There's a bit of a bear problem, but inside is all the space needed.  Tables & shelves all around, bookshelves in the first floor office, and space in the basement for the newspaper archives.

22 minutes ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

942631931_PVFarmhousebear.thumb.png.e6f9c83de9bef35b84f732486083d37c.png

I started up a new Voyager guy in Pleasant Valley to do some scouting.  I think the Farmhouse is the place for the Library (or at least a good option).  There's a bit of a bear problem, but inside is all the space needed.  Tables & shelves all around, bookshelves in the first floor office, and space in the basement for the newspaper archives.

What is the library ? Is this a community challenge ? You need to collect all the books and paper you find ?

1 minute ago, DarKube said:

What is the library ? Is this a community challenge ? You need to collect all the books and paper you find ?

Yup.  Thought of it at seeing piddy3825's cozy livingroom at the top of this page.   Probably going to be pretty time consuming, and given that the Darkwalker will be here in about a week to kill us all,  it sounds like a nice screenshot goal for this winter.  🙂:coffee:

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Was in Broken Railroad doing some misc stuff in the hunters blind when I hear a "huff" noise *looks up* Oh.. Hello there bear how's it going?

My conundrum: I want to save my ammunition because I'm down to 2 bullets left and I don't want to shoot anything unless it's a direct threat.. But if I step outside the bear will attack me.

Long story short, I just ended up shooting him in the face because I was tired of waiting for him to walk his fat ass away from the blind so I can get away. Plus I realized I could potentially find more ammunition at the hunting lodge. :D

20201020175708_1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

@piddy3825 @Screenshot Pilgrim : The world is lost, now it's survival of the fittest. When you behave social you end up being left alone on the road, robbed and dead. Society decays (is this the right term?). Technology is working, but without people knowing and repairing it, it will fall into disrepair until nobody knows the purpose of these objects. Collecting all the books and store them in a safe place is a little spark, waiting to enlight the world once again, like the Renaissance after the Roman Empire. I wish this could make it to story mode, but i guess the game is to much developed to include it. Furthermore i think there should be more books than just skill and fire books. Like chemistry, history, encyclopaedia of nature and so on.

screen_2ae87539-d190-422e-88ad-c4bd137e1a81_hi.thumb.png.c3d6b1935f6d763c1bc0a8dda9dbbc74.png

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

Well said @Karl Grylls, and that’s a great screenshot!  Appropriate to the feeling of the words. Hopeful.

1 hour ago, Karl Grylls said:

@piddy3825 @Screenshot Pilgrim : The world is lost, now it's survival of the fittest. When you behave social you end up being left alone on the road, robbed and dead. Society decays (is this the right term?). Technology is working, but without people knowing and repairing it, it will fall into disrepair until nobody knows the purpose of these objects. Collecting all the books and store them in a safe place is a little spark, waiting to enlight the world once again, like the Renaissance after the Roman Empire. I wish this could make it to story mode, but i guess the game is to much developed to include it. Furthermore i think there should be more books than just skill and fire books. Like chemistry, history, encyclopaedia of nature and so on.

screen_2ae87539-d190-422e-88ad-c4bd137e1a81_hi.thumb.png.c3d6b1935f6d763c1bc0a8dda9dbbc74.png

29 minutes ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

Well said @Karl Grylls, and that’s a great screenshot!  Appropriate to the feeling of the words. Hopeful.

I think maybe we outta take this idea and start it's own discussion.  Probably would get good traction and we can minimize the commentary on the sharing screenshots thread?  just thinking out loud...  It was your idea @Screenshot Pilgrim so you should do the honors!  

• Upvote 3

It never fails that when I'm slogging thru PV the weather turns nasty
but somehow when I can make out the silhouette of the grain silo and farmhouse
in the gloom and doom, my pace seems to quicken and my moral tends to improve
as I know I'll soon be outta the cold and into the comfort of my warm bed

screen_adafd21a-1cad-4445-afa1-88de34fb4c3f_hi.thumb.png.9f22bdbd4dbeed209aaf3f04dd51f844.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 4