Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

5 hours ago, Nicole Miller said:

Sorry, but could you tell me - where is it?

4 hours ago, Catlover said:

Not the OP, but it looks like a cave in HRV or BRM

Well, it is an actual location.  It's the little side room on the other side of the underground waterfall 
in Pleasant Valley.   You might have been there before if you've played Episode 3 of Wintermute.
There is a side quest in the game that leads you there.   Of course there are no skulls.  
The blunt skulls are part of a mod called the "Festive Pack" that I have been evaluating.   

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Well, it is an actual location.  It's the little side room on the other side of the underground waterfall 
in Pleasant Valley.   You might have been there before if you've played Episode 3 of Wintermute.
There is a side quest in the game that leads you there.   Of course there are no skulls.  
The blunt skulls are part of a mod called the "Festive Pack" that I have been evaluating.   

Ohh my bad, I think I remember that location. Sorry, it looked like an ice cave and I kind of assumed

End of a long afternoon that started at Mountaineer's and ended in the bear bag at the other end of Cinder Hills. Day 275 and I'm just entering CH for the first time; this one started in HRV and in the first week ran about collecting arrows and since then has been strictly up in the mountains, bouncing around between TWM, AC, and BRM.

I'm coming down to CH because it's also known as Cloth Heaven and I'm starting to run low up in the mountains. I'm planning on returning with a few kilos of cloth in ... a few weeks? a month or two? always hard to plan the specifics in this game.

After spending app. 3 months each in TWM and BRM and a month in AC, AC is definitely the tougher region for long term survival due to the paucity of wildlife compared to TWM and BRM.

At any rate, the sky cleared up at dusk as I was walking the high road to the mine so I took this shot of the valley laid out before me. You can see the hall at Thompson's Crossing. 

screen_2d81795c-5692-4473-ba72-42eec9312104_hi.thumb.png.dab813f62f9790de515e6979aa9686ae.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, adventurehawkins said:

The 2nd photo looks edited but I had just sprained my ankle and didn’t have any medication for the pain so it made a natural blur around the edges. Beautifully timed I guess 😂

that's actually part of the games visual to show your in pain, turns out it's also a great filter for "softening" some scenes when you take a screenshot.  I've heard of players intentionally injuring themselves in order to get that effect, lol.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, piddy3825 said:

that's actually part of the games visual to show your in pain, turns out it's also a great filter for "softening" some scenes when you take a screenshot.  I've heard of players intentionally injuring themselves in order to get that effect, lol.

Yeah it’s really a clever way to edit without editing 😂

35 minutes ago, adventurehawkins said:

Yeah it’s really a clever way to edit without editing 😂

Hey player!

Fancing meeting you here.  
Yes indeed it is!  I've jumped off a boulder or two trying to trigger the effect
only to rip my clothing and get slightly bruised. You do that a few times
and all you get is banged up and all your clothes need mending!  😁

Edited by piddy3825
spelling

16 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Hey player!

Fancing meeting you here.  
Yes indeed it is!  I've jumped off a boulder or two trying to trigger the effect
only to rip my clothing and get slightly bruised. You do that a few times
and all you get is banged up and all your clothes need mending!  😁

Haha! Just now realizing how small this community really is. Good to see you here! 

• Like 1