• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Lol..

Tree stumps

A wolves rear disappearing over a hill.

Any new noise that turns up after an update 

That sound you hear in some caves, especially the two leading to BlackRock 

He he! Tree stumps look like wolves to me, because of the litle pointy ears : )

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Ooh, had that one before. Just out on the open ice in FM, snoozing away, and of course I just had to poke it in my confusion. Never have I run so quickly!

I tried carving it, and gotten instantly mauled..., no chance for running.
I'm pretty sure I have hit it with an arrow before, so my assumption was not entirely baseless - it just somehow forgot to bleed out...
(I'm suspecting a bug of bears forgetting to bleed out more often than never)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamvR said:

I tried carving it, and gotten instantly mauled..., no chance for running.
I'm pretty sure I have hit it with an arrow before, so my assumption was not entirely baseless - it just somehow forgot to bleed out...
(I'm suspecting a bug of bears forgetting to bleed out more often than never)

I was very, very lucky.

I knew I hadn't shot at a bear in the region recently so I just didn't understand why there's a dead bear just lying there. But I wasn't about to turn my nose up at so much free meat, so I too tried to click on it to harvest it, which obviously didn't work, and just then I think it breathed or something (this was a good while ago so I can't remember clearly - it may actually have been the first time I saw a sleeping bear). I immediately realised it was only sleeping, and just turned and bolted. It did wake up and started to follow me, but luckily I'd approached it from the rear, and I guess it took a moment or two to orient itself (I'm much the same when I wake up, to be fair ;p), by which time I was probably just outside the charge trigger range, so I was able to get away. Took no risks and made a beeline to the ML train tunnel, made sure to remember from that day forth that apparently bears don't always sleep in their caves!  ^_^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

I share this suspicion, seems like some bears don't bleed anymore.

But more on the topic: Those gosh darn hay bales around PV...

Can you imagine if they were all bears😁.  I don't think anyone would ever go near the place

2 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

Oh man. But that first one that comes into view when visibility isn't perfect and you know there's a bear around here... yikes.

I know lol..    I can't believe how he blends in so well with the birch trees..  I always hear it way before I see it.

• Upvote 1

Mostly rocks, especially when trying to locate a carcass of one.  For such a big animal, I sure have an issue finding the dead ones sometimes.  I know they died because I always check my journal for a day or even two after shooting one (unless I kill it outright, of course).

• Upvote 2

On 10/25/2023 at 9:46 PM, AdamvR said:

a sleeping bear for a dead one...
big surprize!

Yeah yesterday i shot a bear in his cave near the Tales bunker in PV (i was waiting for aurora in the bear cave close to the bunker) and he did flee. I made some water on the fireplace and notice he came back and died in front of the cave enterance (it looked like it). Pizza delivery i thought and was about to run to it to start harvesting. Then the thought - he is messing with me ! And i decided to take a shot at him. The basterd got up and chargeg towards me :D:D hopefully i managed to shoot it again and it died right by the fire :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

Yeah yesterday i shot a bear in his cave near the Tales bunker in PV (i was waiting for aurora in the bear cave close to the bunker) and he did flee. I made some water on the fireplace and notice he came back and died in front of the cave enterance (it looked like it). Pizza delivery i thought and was about to run to it to start harvesting. Then the thought - he is messing with me ! And i decided to take a shot at him. The basterd got up and chargeg towards me :D:D hopefully i managed to shoot it again and it died right by the fire :D 

Somehow that reminded me of the move "Home Alone" - tipping the pizza delivery guy with a bullet. 😀

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...