when will the moose appear???

DIA

Those who read the topic: “my moose is missing” will understand what I mean. It is known that moose disappear for a while and then appear. Is there a table that shows how likely moose are to disappear and for how long? If there is such a table, please send it to me!

1 hour ago, DIA said:

Those who read the topic: “my moose is missing” will understand what I mean. It is known that moose disappear for a while and then appear. Is there a table that shows how likely moose are to disappear and for how long? If there is such a table, please send it to me!

It depends on game difficulty and the amount of days played in game. 

"Moose are huge creatures, but their territories can be equally massive, and their spawn timers are few and far between. Once you've downed a moose you won't spot another one on that map for up to 140 days, depending on the difficulty your world is set to and how many days you've survived. So luck is going to play a huge part in coming across this walking food pantry."

https://www.thegamer.com/the-long-dark-all-moose-locations/#mystery-lake

From my exp if you see a moose and didnt kill it and it despawned during the time You got back to it - Dont w8 for it. Go to another region/location where it can spawn. 

• Like 1

I have learned not to EVER wait/count on a moose spawn.  It seems incredibly random.  For example, I can find a moose multiple times in one spot but never in another playthrough.  The most consistent moose I've found in game, is the one in BI by the hunter's blind (fairly close to FM transition cave).

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Broken Railroad has one that spawns a lot at the lake by the hunters lodge. Its only been missing on two playthroughs for me.

On my current custom Super Interloper run im in Hunters lodge ATM but there were no moose markings and no moose.... Mostly the moose is there.  

Anyway ill go to FA today to start the Tale and maybe ill find a moose there - not that i need the skin have 3 allready but its a good food source. 

5 hours ago, James Hickok said:

On my current custom Super Interloper run im in Hunters lodge ATM but there were no moose markings and no moose.... Mostly the moose is there.  

Anyway ill go to FA today to start the Tale and maybe ill find a moose there - not that i need the skin have 3 allready but its a good food source. 

Yeah gotta love a 40kg bonanza…good luck!

On 10/17/2023 at 2:50 PM, TiffTastic said:

Broken Railroad has one that spawns a lot at the lake by the hunters lodge. Its only been missing on two playthroughs for me.

There are no moose on the broken railroad either!

image.thumb.jpeg.67de7e87ab434cd2b78f1d763d62d558.jpeg

image.jpeg

When you're ready to move on. You've given up all hope that the region has anything new to offer, you've decided that today is the day. You've gathered all your gear for the road, fixed everything up to 100%, are ready to head out into the great unknown....aaaaaaaaaaand there's a moose.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, DIA said:

There are no moose on the broken railroad either!

image.thumb.jpeg.67de7e87ab434cd2b78f1d763d62d558.jpeg

image.jpeg

At least You have the markings so moose didnt spawned but can be there in other time.  My run has no markings thus no moose spawn ever. 

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

When you're ready to move on. You've given up all hope that the region has anything new to offer, you've decided that today is the day. You've gathered all your gear for the road, fixed everything up to 100%, are ready to head out into the great unknown....aaaaaaaaaaand there's a moose.

And a Bear :D 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

That has been my plan all along ahahaha!

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Exactly. Just recently: "Oh well, nothing much left to do here in Pleasant Valley, nothing interesting around, let's spend three days preparing and then head out the door haul all my stuff up to the Mountaineer's Hut, punch on through to Ash Canyon for a quick backpack and then see where we'll take it after that since Pleasant Valley is com-... is that a moose!?"

You don't find the moose. The moose finds you.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:50 PM, TiffTastic said:

I have never ever seen a moose in BR. 

I've mostly "been found" in Milton Basin, TWM, the near the hunting lodge in BI.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

You don't find the moose. The moose finds you.

I have never ever seen a moose in BR. 

I've mostly "been found" in Milton Basin, TWM, the near the hunting lodge in BI.

Interesting. The Milton Basin is a common spot for me as well, but can't recall ever meeting one at TWM.

Pensive Pond in PV has worked multiple times for me, as has the one by the hunting lodge in BR.

Aside from bleak my most common moose spawns are twm behind the hut,past unnamed pond in mystery lake 50/50 split at pensive and birch forest in PV,and up by the pond in mountain town..

I've never had the log sort moose in Milton and once at desolation point bridge..

Edited by Leeanda

On 10/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, Leeanda said:

Aside from bleak my most common moose spawns are twm behind the hut

That's so crazy, I've spent many, many days at the mountaineer's hut, it's by far my favourite safehouse in the game and I've never had that moose. There's another location on the other side of crystal lake by the wing that has rubs and all, but I've never met one there either. Only the bear over there, that guy spawns 100% of the time for me.

2 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

That's so crazy, I've spent many, many days at the mountaineer's hut, it's by far my favourite safehouse in the game and I've never had that moose. There's another location on the other side of crystal lake by the wing that has rubs and all, but I've never met one there either. Only the bear over there, that guy spawns 100% of the time for me.

It is odd how they vary so much between players, .   I think the bears,or some of them,like that one in twm are set spawns..same as the pv farm and birch forest bear.. I've never had a run without them in over 4 years.