when will the moose appear???

DIA

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It is odd how they vary so much between players, .   I think the bears,or some of them,like that one in twm are set spawns..same as the pv farm and birch forest bear.. I've never had a run without them in over 4 years.

I agree about the bears, I believe so, too. I think there's a "base line" of bears that spawn on every spawn rate setting, then some more that spawn on the next higher setting and so on.

The moose apparently seem to differ a little, although I did always believe specific spawns have higher chances of spawning them than others.

3 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

I agree about the bears, I believe so, too. I think there's a "base line" of bears that spawn on every spawn rate setting, then some more that spawn on the next higher setting and so on.

The moose apparently seem to differ a little, although I did always believe specific spawns have higher chances of spawning them than others.

Youre probably right about the moose, but they do work differently than everything else.. 

It's going to be interesting seeing what the refresh does,and how the cougar will be too..

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

It's going to be interesting seeing what the refresh does,and how the cougar will be too..

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to both of them. If I could make a wish, I'd love for most animals to roam a little further. Tracking is a lot of fun in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, LostRealist said:

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to both of them. If I could make a wish, I'd love for most animals to roam a little further. Tracking is a lot of fun in my opinion.

Unless the cougar is the one who's tracking us😁

50 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It is odd how they vary so much between players, .   I think the bears,or some of them,like that one in twm are set spawns..same as the pv farm and birch forest bear.. I've never had a run without them in over 4 years.

I once played on wanderer difficulty and had 2 bears, but when I started a new game on wanderer difficulty, I only found one bear.

2 minutes ago, DIA said:

Mysterious Lake, The first is next to the nameless pond, the second is on the far side of the lake. Only the first one remains.

As far as I know pilgrim is the only level that has one bear in mystery lake..  I honestly don't know what the other difficulties have..   but if there are more than one,they can disappear for a few days..    

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I hardly ever get that one..   it's usually at bricklayers... it is now but it's dead😁

I usually get the one a Bricklayer's as well.  One in Broken Railroad has been very consistent for me - if not outside the hunting lodge, then he appears near the bridge and the end of the pond where the bear romps (sometimes I have to take the bear out first for him to spawn in).

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I usually get the one a Bricklayer's as well.  One in Broken Railroad has been very consistent for me - if not outside the hunting lodge, then he appears near the bridge and the end of the pond where the bear romps (sometimes I have to take the bear out first for him to spawn in).

Does that really make a difference?    I just wondered why I don't see that moose very often..  

I've had the trappers bear and moose together but I wondered if that was just a fluke.

Just now, Leeanda said:

Does that really make a difference?    I just wondered why I don't see that moose very often..  

I've had the trappers bear and moose together but I wondered if that was just a fluke.

I've come to believe it does, but whether it's something that's actually coded - I just don't know.

4 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I've come to believe it does, but whether it's something that's actually coded - I just don't know.

If I'm trying to get a spawn, I've done this as well.  Once again, not sure if it's effective or not.  I will also take out some deer with the belief that they are "placeholders" for the moose and removing them, give a chance for it to spawn.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2023 at 9:50 PM, hozz1235 said:

If I'm trying to get a spawn, I've done this as well.  Once again, not sure if it's effective or not.  I will also take out some deer with the belief that they are "placeholders" for the moose and removing them, give a chance for it to spawn.

Have you already done this experiment with deer? I think deer are really a "placeholder" for elk. Since the day after killing the elk, four deer wandered in its place at once and they did not go anywhere!