Things that are okay only in TLD context

bysinda

Eating questionable old dog food and peaches and washing them down with refreshing toilet water that magically stayed unfrozen on the floor for 17 days, then stumbling to bed after stashing a car battery in the fridge and wrapping spanish moss around a wolf bite.

Holding off 4 wolves for half a map with a road flare with 25% health, only to get mauled by a darn bear that I backed into somehow (blackrock map). Miraculously Surviving that, and stumbling back into one of the wolves.

Naming the corpses.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Eating questionable old dog food and peaches and washing them down with refreshing toilet water that magically stayed unfrozen on the floor for 17 days, then stumbling to bed after stashing a car battery in the fridge and wrapping spanish moss around a wolf bite.

Holding off 4 wolves for half a map with a road flare with 25% health, only to get mauled by a darn bear that I backed into somehow (blackrock map). Miraculously Surviving that, and stumbling back into one of the wolves.

Naming the corpses.

I miss Bob at camp office when he's not there😁

That sounds like a rough ending to a run..

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I miss Bob at camp office when he's not there😁

That sounds like a rough ending to a run..

Yeah it was. It was a dramatically cool one earlier, only a couple weeks, but I had gotten injured falling while goating off a cliff. I had held the wolves at bay until I had gotten to the power plant, and rested until i had a quarter or so of health back. I had two more flares and thought no problem….

I had not played the black rock map before. I never thought there would be a bear on the main road. I had been using cars as temp shelters to disrupt the wolves’ attack algorithms. Would have made it if it wasnt for the darn bear. 

7 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

Yeah it was. It was a dramatically cool one earlier, only a couple weeks, but I had gotten injured falling while goating off a cliff. I had held the wolves at bay until I had gotten to the power plant, and rested until i had a quarter or so of health back. I had two more flares and thought no problem….

I had not played the black rock map before. I never thought there would be a bear on the main road. I had been using cars as temp shelters to disrupt the wolves’ attack algorithms. Would have made it if it wasnt for the darn bear. 

That place is swarming with wolves already, running across the bear as well was bad luck...   just as well the moose wasn't around too.

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That place is swarming with wolves already, running across the bear as well was bad luck...   just as well the moose wasn't around too.

Yeah the new maps seem to have a jumbo super value pack of wolves in each. Gonna start somewhere nice and safe, like pleasant valley, for my next run😁

2 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

Yeah the new maps seem to have a jumbo super value pack of wolves in each. Gonna start somewhere nice and safe, like pleasant valley, for my next run😁

And the lovely calm weather there of course😁.  

I haven't been able to spend much time in forsaken yet, but I'm surprised there isn't hordes of timberwolves ..   from what I've watched on ytube it seems quite quiet .

6 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Hmm...I've never encountered that bear on the main road before.  I always see him in the collapsed/dead-end section where I easily snipe him from above.

3 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Hmm...I've never encountered that bear on the main road before.  I always see him in the collapsed/dead-end section where I easily snipe him from above.

Well I can assure you that at least twice, its hankering for tiffburgers overcame its reluctance to maul me on the asphalt😁

Heres another TLD special. Seeing peaceful wildlife, and running up to the deer or rabbit and chasing it to the last known location of a wolf, just to shoot the wolf once it pounces on the hapless animal, so I can have a wolf combo meal. Bonus if I wash it down with a nice cold Stacy’s or two.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this as it's a long tread. What about stripping almost naked in deathly cold temperatures just to pass under a waterfall? Then putting your clothes back on and there's not a drop of water on them ..that backpack is something crazy.

Edited by Bloodskye
Errors
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Bloodskye said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this as it's a long tread. What about stripping almost naked in deathly cold temperatures just to pass under a waterfall? Then putting your clothes back on and there's not a drop of water on them ..that backpack is something crazy.

If only there were outfits made out of…..backpacks…..

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2023 at 6:50 AM, Bloodskye said:

There's so much scrap metal, just make armor lol

This wins.

A couple more…yeeting your torch or flare into a random corner of a room when done with it, then going to sleep on the floor or bed without care of the horrible fire hazard.

washing down your rancid lake whitefish with toilet water, cause you just dodged food poisoning and its time to celebrate baby!

• Like 2

All the things mentioned you would do only in TLD like eating dog food, sleeping next to frozen body... I think you forget the time element. Imagine you are in wasteland. Not for one day, not for one month, but longer. I bet all of those things would became pretty doable IRL when you are freezing, hungry, thirsty and maybe injured. Maybe some of us would even take a steak from Bob (maybe not form Bob, because he is in the office, where the temperature can be high). Of course. If there is a choice, one will go for venison or rabbit.

Finding a rifle that has been exposed to harsh blizzards for over 2 months only to slap it with a cleaning kit and remain 100% confident that it isn't going to explode in your face the next time you shoot it. 

Finding a broken rifle being used as a bird's nest and immediately wanting to take it to a milling machine for repairs. 

• Upvote 2