Things that are okay only in TLD context

bysinda

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Drinking cold water even though it's literally just boiled.

yeah! why do I need tea when I literally can drink some hot water! Also, drinking water even though it has been standing outside in -40c weather forever 

Those plastic bottles have some amazing insulance 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bysinda said:

yeah! why do I need tea when I literally can drink some hot water! Also, drinking water even though it has been standing outside in -40c weather forever 

Those plastic bottles have some amazing insulance 

It takes the taste of metal away hopefully..    and another good point...we should be eating the water 😁

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I don't see them as flaws... More just life's little mysteries that are fun to try and solve..

The idea was to say something that in real life would make you sound like a psycho 😁

Imagine you are on a bus with a friend discussing TLD and people overhear the dialog 

- I found a cave to sleep in with a corpse in it. 

- I was starving but then found a can of dog food 

etc etc

• Upvote 2

Just now, bysinda said:

The idea was to say something that in real life would make you sound like a psycho 😁

Imagine you are on a bus with a friend discussing TLD and people overhear the dialog 

- I found a cave to sleep in with a corpse in it. 

- I was starving but then found a can of dog food 

etc etc

Most people think I'm nuts anyway 😁. But I know what you mean...  I'm sure htl take it in the spirit it's meant.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Deliberately picking a fight with a bear...

oh! That reminds me 

A few years back my friends and I attempted to hike up one of the Carpathian mountains and on our drive there the driver shared that he had been in the area recently and saw some bear droppings and a paw print 

I was playing TLD at the time, too, and was like "O_O....should we maybe turn around?"

24 minutes ago, bysinda said:

oh! That reminds me 

A few years back my friends and I attempted to hike up one of the Carpathian mountains and on our drive there the driver shared that he had been in the area recently and saw some bear droppings and a paw print 

I was playing TLD at the time, too, and was like "O_O....should we maybe turn around?"

I would've said the same thing...     I bet it's lovely up there.

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I would've said the same thing...     I bet it's lovely up there.

Well, it was May and the weather was nasty. Rainy and foggy.  The easy route was canceled due to it still being covered in snow and we had to climb a lot of slippery rocks. Also half way up I remembered I'm afraid of heights xD

It was fun 😁

2 minutes ago, bysinda said:

Well, it was May and the weather was nasty. Rainy and foggy.  The easy route was canceled due to it still being covered in snow and we had to climb a lot of slippery rocks. Also half way up I remembered I'm afraid of heights xD

It was fun 😁

Sounds rather scary,, I'm not good with heights either..

But I'm glad you enjoyed it.😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Not slipping on ice...  ....without crampons on.

Absolutely yes. Especially up Hat Creek in Forlorn Muskeg. Steep and frozen and quite a long walk, and yet I never slip. I ought to be able to slide down it, though.. wheeeeee!

• Upvote 3