The Long Dark Updated to v2.20 (Steam)

Admin

29 minutes ago, Admin said:

Survivors, we are currently investigating reports that some players are missing belongings following the update. We will provide more information as soon as it is available. 

Thanks for the quick response. Some information that may help:
- If you reload a save with missing containers that had loot in them in the older 2.19 version, the containers will be back but empty (spray paint that was on them will however be there again
- Lost and Found boxes are triggering and catching some of the lost loot, but by far not all of it. I can't seem to see a pattern there really

6 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Might want to give yourself a bit of insurance with a backup.  I wish I had.

Yeah. I got lucky enough having a backup from a week ago. 10 ingame days lost but oh well. Better than loosing a 190 Interloper run. Glad to know Hinterland is already on it. 

• Upvote 1

I’m kinda lucky I don’t put stuff in lockers and things. I’m one of those people that takes forever and displays all my stuff 😅

So far the hotfix has been amazing for me. I have the Pigeons and it seems the recipes. Heading to DP now for the final one I was missing.

My game crashed, however I recently installed a GeForce GTX 4070 and I think I need to tinker with it a bit more.

I feel for those that are missing things. 

Update: got to DP and got the fish cakes recipe. Thanks to this hotfix I was able to get the 2 recipes that hadn’t spawned for me.

‘Thank you Hinterland 😊

Edited by TwoFatCatz
Update
  • Upvote 2

I decided not to bother with trying to backup the save.  I updated to the latest hotfix and if I can get a session in later, I will... and if I lose stuff, I'll just roleplay it as "looks like Molly visited my encampment and took my stuff... oh well, I'm sure she didn't know it was me staying here... and she needs to survive too.  Good luck to her, wherever she is now." :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 2

How about the bug involved with NOT spawning the Curator's Rifle in Ash Canyon?  This has happened twice to me so far and I've heard from two other people that have had it happen to them too...

On the plus side tho, can confirm missing momentos have reappeared and the Improvised Bedroll is now in the radial menu.  Many thanks for those fixes~

Edited by DaPepster

I had something similar happen with the safe at Trapper’s. I eventually figured out that there seem to be two safes superimposed over each other. Clicking on one part of the safe gets me to my stuff; clicking on a different part took me to a start-state, locked safe. 

Obviously I don’t know if that’s what’s happening to you, but it might be worth clicking around a little to see if you’re in the same boat. For me, it changed the bug to “annoying” from “game-breaking,” since I kept all my ammunition and arrows in the safe.

Hey guys,

I just did the update and got into my long running Interloper and lost 3 rock caches (at least).  I am in Mountain Town, at the Trailer past the Church.  I built 5 Rock Caches there to store all of my crafting stuff so that I can base in HRV and craft here when needed.  Lost 30+ arrow heads, several bows, a ton of cured saplings and feathers in one, 100 cloth in another, and some random stuff in the 3rd one I lost.  Of the 5 I created, 2 remain and the items are in there.  I also have a couple of Rock Caches in HRV, but haven't been there to see if they are still there.

On the Map, it only shows the 2 that I see. 

In the Journal, showing Rock Caches, it still remembers that I had 5 in there, as well as what I named them and notes I made for all 5.

I don't recall if I've ever posted a bug before, so I don't know if there is anything else you need.  Let me know.

Thanks!

Edited by Tar66

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Seems if we want the latest "breaking" news, we need to be on Twitter... :( 

Nope, Forum admin have already posted about they are working on an ASAP hotfix for various issues, before the twitter message.

Calorie bonuses are now entirely broken. Somebody has probably reported this already, but I'm going to do it as well. I have cooking lvl 5 and I cooked venison. It showed 1000 calories before I picked it up to the inventory. In inventory, it shows that it has 800 calories. I'II put video below:

Also low condition meat like that should go to 50 percent, it went to 100.

Edited by Tonza_98

On 7/13/2023 at 1:51 PM, Admin said:

Survivors, we are currently investigating reports that some players are missing belongings following the update. We will provide more information as soon as it is available. 

Glad to hear, I just submitted my bug report. I hope it's helpful.

Fastly updated, thanks HL! But there's still something off.

I put water into the container, went out and back inside to see if the water is still there. Water was gone, but other stuff was still in container.

I saw that somebody on steam had experienced this as well.

Also cooking spots don't warm up the teas or something. 

Edited by Tonza_98

On 7/13/2023 at 9:13 PM, Admin said:

• Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Mementos to vanish if they were spawned in a car visor, and the player reloaded the environment (either through loading a save file, or transitioning to another area.) If the note was already lost in your current save, you may need to reload again or transition in and out of the current Region.

I did all that but still no mementos in the visors 😔