The Long Dark Updated to v2.20 (Steam)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.20 (118045) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam. (Please note that we will provide a separate update when the Hotfix is available for Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation in the coming days.) 

GENERAL

• UI - Fixed an issue that prevented the Workshop Community Translations from working in-game.
  • UI - Fixed a rare issue that would cause text to overlap in the TALES menu.
  • Audio - Fixed an issue where footstep audio would stop playing after a player climbed a Vine.
  • UI - Fixed an issue with the logic for how the Bedroll appeared in the Radial. The Bearskin Bedroll and Improved Down Bedroll will now appear in the Radial Menu, provided they are the warmest Bedroll option available.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where a lit Match would remain lit after passing through a waterfall.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Mementos to vanish if they were spawned in a car visor, and the player reloaded the environment (either through loading a save file, or transitioning to another area.) If the note was already lost in your current save, you may need to reload again or transition in and out of the current Region.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where there could be a mismatch between the weight of some Dishes depending on where you viewed them (ex. Backpack vs. Recipes).
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Rose Hip Pies to affect Thirst. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed a stacking Broth increase error due to a bad calculation based on increased Cooking skill.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Ptarmigan to become stuck, if killed in mid-flight.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue with item spawning near areas bordering open Ocean (including Bleak Inlet, Desolation Point, etc.), where some items (such as Sticks and Coal) would appear less often than intended.
  • Gameplay - Fixed a rare issue that prevented new cooking items and Recipe Cards from spawning. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented the Ptarmigan from spawning in Custom Game modes.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 9
  • Like 9

Does anyone know if this mean existing custom games also? I loaded mine up but there’s a blizzard 🤣

Thank you Hinterland I’m super excited to get back playing my custom game ☺️

Edited by TwoFatCatz
Adding something

13 minutes ago, Tonza_98 said:

Opened my save. I was in maintenance shed in BR. My stuff from the locker is gone. Locker doesn't have a door anymore.

Were you running any mods?  I was running Candlelight and Ambient Lights.  Now with Melon loader uninstalled, it seems like some of the lockers that were previously empty now have their contents back.  There's at least one drawer that's still empty, though.  I'm pretty confused.

5 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Were you running any mods?  I was running Candlelight and Ambient Lights.  Now with Melon loader uninstalled, it seems like some of the lockers that were previously empty now have their contents back.  There's at least one drawer that's still empty, though.  I'm pretty confused.

No mods. Just opened my save and went to check the locker.

These bugs are getting ridiculous.

Edited by Tonza_98

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.20 (118045) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam. (Please note that we will provide a separate update when the Hotfix is available for Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation in the coming days.) 

GENERAL

• UI - Fixed an issue that prevented the Workshop Community Translations from working in-game.
  • UI - Fixed a rare issue that would cause text to overlap in the TALES menu.
  • Audio - Fixed an issue where footstep audio would stop playing after a player climbed a Vine.
  • UI - Fixed an issue with the logic for how the Bedroll appeared in the Radial. The Bearskin Bedroll and Improved Down Bedroll will now appear in the Radial Menu, provided they are the warmest Bedroll option available.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where a lit Match would remain lit after passing through a waterfall.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Mementos to vanish if they were spawned in a car visor, and the player reloaded the environment (either through loading a save file, or transitioning to another area.) If the note was already lost in your current save, you may need to reload again or transition in and out of the current Region.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where there could be a mismatch between the weight of some Dishes depending on where you viewed them (ex. Backpack vs. Recipes).
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Rose Hip Pies to affect Thirst. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed a stacking Broth increase error due to a bad calculation based on increased Cooking skill.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Ptarmigan to become stuck, if killed in mid-flight.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue with item spawning near areas bordering open Ocean (including Bleak Inlet, Desolation Point, etc.), where some items (such as Sticks and Coal) would appear less often than intended.
  • Gameplay - Fixed a rare issue that prevented new cooking items and Recipe Cards from spawning. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented the Ptarmigan from spawning in Custom Game modes.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

So happy to see this corrections, big love to the team, will the variants and gold not spawning be corrected along with recipes and momentos or is that issue still being investigated 

7 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

So happy to see this corrections, big love to the team, will the variants and gold not spawning be corrected along with recipes and momentos or is that issue still being investigated 

No notes on this that says it fixes variants, but I rechecked miner's flashlight locations on my save and its still not there, so I'd say not yet on that.

25 minutes ago, Epichron said:

No notes on this that says it fixes variants, but I rechecked miner's flashlight locations on my save and its still not there, so I'd say not yet on that.

Dang that’s the only variant I want from the new set 😂 mine didn’t spawn either, oh well their patch pace has been on point love to see it love to see it

1 hour ago, Tonza_98 said:

No mods. Just opened my save and went to check the locker.

These bugs are getting ridiculous.

We're looking into this right now. We're sorry you appear to be impacted, and we will provide more information as soon as we can. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

OMG! Lilys pancakes recipe is here! 🥰🥰🥰

Thank you so much Hinterland. I had searched grey mothers house a hundred times over. 
Saw the update this morning so I missioned it from TWM to grey mothers walked in went straight to the picture and wham bam thank you mam it’s here!

Wait while writing this my game crashed hard!

20 minutes ago, Admin said:

We're looking into this right now. We're sorry you appear to be impacted, and we will provide more information as soon as we can. 

I appreciate the fast response. I have to add, that there was no lost and found box anywhere. I searched it for a long time and from all the possible locations. Apparently this has happened to many people already. 

I really appreciate the content what you've bring to the game. It's cool, it's amazing. Thank you!