The Long Dark Updated to v2.19 (Xbox, PlayStation, and Epic Games Store)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.19 (117518) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Xbox, PlayStation, and Epic Games Store. Please note that it may take time for the update to appear on your chosen platform. 

GENERAL

• General - Fixed an issue that caused the game to become stuck on a black screen when launched while Steam was in "Offline Mode."
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused the Stamina Bar to appear persistently on the HUD.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused items to stack incorrectly, resulting in all items reflecting the Condition of the base stack regardless of the condition of each item.   
  • UI - Fixed an issue that prevented players from placing food items from the Radial Menu.
  • UI - Added a message on the HUD to indicate when a player attempts to harvest a ravaged Carcass.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where, when accessing the Menu while using a controller, the Sort icon overlapped with other Menu items.
  • UI - Added text for the "Ptarmigan Carcass" and "Ptarmigan Nest" in the Map Details.
  • UI - Fixed an issue that caused Improvised Insulation to use the wrong icon in the Crafting menu.
  • UI - Fixed missing UI elements when selecting the Tip-Up from the Ice Fishing Menu.
  • UI - Fixed an issue where some players could not Exit or Select items from the Tales Journal Tab when using a controller.
  • UI - Fixed overlapping text when crafting the Improvised Bed Roll. 
  • Environment - Airfield - Fixed an issue where the Forge was missing from the Airfield Hangar Basement.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where animals appeared to switch back and forth between living and dead states after being killed. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that allowed players to craft Tip Ups under Wolf corpses.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the weight of a stack of items was incorrectly based on a single item's weight, and not the combined weight of the items.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Stamina to decrease at an accelerated rate when climbing a rope.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented players from catching Fish while utilizing any Lure.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the error message “Failed to Restore the game from a previous Save” when trying to exit an interior to any Region, preventing the player from exiting.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused meat to revert to an uncooked state when dragged from a Cooking Slot to the ground. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Baked Potatoes to float when placed.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Cooked Potatoes to revert to raw if the player transitioned to a new area. 
  • Gameplay - Decreased the decay time for Cooking Oil, Salt, and Flour.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where the Canned Corn was not being lit correctly by light sources when placed. 
  • Xbox/PS4 - Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to Fish.
  • EGS - Fixed an issue where players were unable to go back to the Home Menu from WINTERMUTE when playing via the Epic Games Store client. 

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 3

• Admin changed the title to The Long Dark Updated to v2.19 (Xbox, PlayStation, and Epic Games Store)

Finally got a chance to catch some fish and test out the bait and lure mechanics. Very interesting "takes money to make money" stance on carving up the small fish to use as bait to catch bigger ones. Gives whitefish some additional value besides "Food's food and you already did the work, why throw it back?"

Those rose hip pies though, holy monkey are THOSE things powerhouses. Just as fire-hardened arrows rebranded rabbit groves into archery ranges, rose hip pies have rebranded rose hips into a must-have item. Six rose-hip pies and 4 cups of coffee, I was able to summit TWM and return the hard way (using the ropes) in just a couple hours. Edit: No bedroll, no stims, no energy drinks, no sleep. Just rose hip pies and coffee.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Finally got a chance to catch some fish and test out the bait and lure mechanics. Very interesting "takes money to make money" stance on carving up the small fish to use as bait to catch bigger ones. Gives whitefish some additional value besides "Food's food and you already did the work, why throw it back?"

Those rose hip pies though, holy monkey are THOSE things powerhouses. Just as fire-hardened arrows rebranded rabbit groves into archery ranges, rose hip pies have rebranded rose hips into a must-have item. Six rose-hip pies and 4 cups of coffee, I was able to summit TWM and return the hard way (using the ropes) in just a couple hours. Edit: No bedroll, no stims, no energy drinks, no sleep. Just rose hip pies and coffee.

Lol..   I just watched wonzandonly go on a wood chopping spree after eating two of those pies.😁

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Lol..   I just watched wonzandonly go on a wood chopping spree after eating two of those pies.😁

And honestly I don't think I even used the pies optimally. I was treating them like coffee, but I think they restore a lot more fatigue directly than coffee does. I was way out in the field with a random bag of flour I found so I can't test it again at the moment, but once I get back to my main base I will definitely explore those pies more in the near future.

Edited by ajb1978
typo

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

And honestly I don't think I even used the pies optimally. I was treating them like coffee, but I think they restore a lot more fatigue directly than coffee does. I was way out in the field with a random bag of flour I found so I can't test it again at the moment, but once I get back to my main base I will definitely explore those pies more in the near future.

I'm going to try one or two myself, I'm allways exhausted by lunch..😁.   I find it ironic though that rose hips in pies give you a headache when otherwise they should get rid of them.  But I'd rather have superpowers than a painkiller..😅.  

I'd be interested to know how far you get using them again.

2 minutes ago, Jotunheim said:

Has anyone seen ptarmigans on an existing custom game after the patch? 

So far no luck.  The text changed on the map to ptarmigan nest, but no actual birds to be seen. 

No I haven't seen any either.    Seems a problem in custom saves . I filed a ticket .

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jotunheim said:

So far no luck.  The text changed on the map to ptarmigan nest, but no actual birds to be seen. 

Still no luck here either (on Steam), on both an existing and a new custom save. Only on a true interloper have I found them. I do believe it's now on the Known Issues list.

Just checked, it is:

Ptarmigans will not spawn when playing in Custom Survival

Presentation: Players utilizing Custom difficulty settings will find that Ptarmigans will not spawn in their games, whether fresh saves or old.

Workaround: This issue has been addressed and is awaiting the next release to be pushed live.

Guess we just have to wait for the next update then.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Renn said:

Still no luck here either (on Steam), on both an existing and a new custom save. Only on a true interloper have I found them. I do believe it's now on the Known Issues list.

Just checked, it is:

Guess we just have to wait for the next update then.

We are still working to implement the fix for this. We appreciate your patience! 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

No Ptarmigans here either on my existing save, but...there's just so much more to focus on. I'll get to those fluffbirds when they're added.

In the meantime..heh he heh. I've got things to do.

Edit: Also this has nothing to do really with anything, but this is the song I was listening to when I posted this. Cheers.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, Jotunheim said:

Even veteran TLD players may not realize that the game models the animals' excretory functions (Much like in RDR, where the horses defecate at random and often inappropriate intervals), and this is key to spotting the animals, as they  will make their characteristic vocalizations when urinating. This doesn't work with the ptarmigans, however, which makes them much harder to hear, because....

... the P is silent.

Edited by TFA303
  • Like 1

• Admin unpinned this topic