No Love for Nintendo Switch?

It’s been very sparse on the updates for the DLC.  Is this an issue with Nintendo on the business end? Or a technical issue from the programming end because of decoupling, etc.?

I know the Switch isn’t the most money making platform for this game, but a more tangible update would be very appreciated.  

• Upvote 1

@Semple Fi

I can't imagine Hinterland neglecting a platform (at least not by their own choice).  I'd tend to suspect you're on the right track wondering about issues navigating through Nintendo's bureaucracy.  In which case, I'd understand not hearing much about it... after all it's seldom good to bad mouth a business partner. :D 

I imagine if they were having some technical issue with porting things across... I feel like Hinterland would let us know; they have in the past.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@Semple Fi

I can't imagine Hinterland neglecting a platform (at least not by their own choice).  I'd tend to suspect you're on the right track wondering about issues navigating through Nintendo's bureaucracy.  In which case, I'd understand not hearing much about it... after all it's seldom good to bad mouth a business partner. :D 

I imagine if they were having some technical issue with porting things across... I feel like Hinterland would let us know; they have in the past.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Darn Bureaucrats!

• Upvote 1

From Raph in the May Dev Diary

“Many of you have asked about the status of the Switch version of TALES. As you know, we had originally planned to have this out earlier this year. When both the Xbox and PlayStation versions came in late, this pushed out the work on the Switch as well. I can’t promise you a date for Switch yet. There’s a fair amount of work we need to get done before we can ship it, and I’m not sure how we will fit it in on top of the other work we are doing for the Parts. We’re looking into some options, including bringing on some more dev help to get that done. At this point, I would say we’ll do our best to get TALES up and running for the end of the year, and if we can get it done sooner, we will. I’m really sorry about that delay. It absolutely sucks if you are a Switch TLD player right now.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enigmaecho said:

From Raph in the May Dev Diary

“Many of you have asked about the status of the Switch version of TALES. As you know, we had originally planned to have this out earlier this year. When both the Xbox and PlayStation versions came in late, this pushed out the work on the Switch as well. I can’t promise you a date for Switch yet. There’s a fair amount of work we need to get done before we can ship it, and I’m not sure how we will fit it in on top of the other work we are doing for the Parts. We’re looking into some options, including bringing on some more dev help to get that done. At this point, I would say we’ll do our best to get TALES up and running for the end of the year, and if we can get it done sooner, we will. I’m really sorry about that delay. It absolutely sucks if you are a Switch TLD player right now.”

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...