When is part 2 coming out?

"We don't have any new information to share on this at this time, but we will keep our community informed if there are any changes or updates in the future. Thank you for playing!" -Hinterland

Except it will quote you for the sake of clarity.

Edited by RegentRelic

9 hours ago, peteloud said:

Why get worked up about things like that. 

I've been waiting for Episode 5 for years.   

It'll come.

No one is getting worked up over anything.  Hinterland has made a pledge for $ 19.99 to release a year's worth of updates in 6 periods in 8-10 week cadences.  TFTFT was released on Dec 5, and 8-10 weeks from that is Jan 30th-Feb 13th. We're just saying it's in the pledged time period for the next update and would like to know when it's coming. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Do you have to want to take court action to ask about a release date ? The fact you are happy to wait years for a product is fine , other people have likely passed away in the time they were waiting and never got what they paid for… so it’s fine to ask about something you paid for , if I order furniture online and it says delivery in 2-5 weeks and I sit there for 3 years just saying it will come when jt comes I’m doing it wrong 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

You know, HL's weakness is actually release dates of an update (even they admitted it.)

Point is, they're probably doing some progress with the next part, yet they don't know when it will be ready. Simply putting a random date for the update to be released, only to delay it for X problem would be FAR more annoying than their complete silence (atleast imo).

HL does not tell us the release date of the next part because they themselves don't know it. Plus, since HL doesn't want to have any technical problems (like the ones in the first part) they probably are doing things slightly slower.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

Are you thinking of a court action against HTL?

Over $ 20?  Absolutely NOT worth it.  I'm not mentioning anything about a court action or lawsuit.  I'm only asking someone making a pledge for something deliver on their intent, and if they cannot, please update us as to WHY it cannot be released within the pledged timeframe (Yes, as someone who has played the game since nearly the beginning, I am fully aware as to how they have been poor in announcing release dates on stuff in the past, but now that they have stepped forward with a schedule of updates for those who buy in, the situation is totally different now).  That is all.  I do not ask the impossible of anyone.

Like I said, I'm waiting a couple weeks until I ask anymore.

Edited by DaPepster
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 10:28 AM, DaPepster said:

No one is getting worked up over anything.  Hinterland has made a pledge for $ 19.99 to release a year's worth of updates in 6 periods in 8-10 week cadences.  TFTFT was released on Dec 5, and 8-10 weeks from that is Jan 30th-Feb 13th. We're just saying it's in the pledged time period for the next update and would like to know when it's coming. 

(my bold/underline)

Then I wouldn't care until the 14th. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Yep, we are well within the expected dates. 

I hope nobody gets me wrong about this because I mean this is the most friendly way possible, but judging by the threads I'm reading and comments on other social media platforms, I feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment with the DLC content drops. If we recall the roadmap ( which granted was a bit vague and subject to change ), there are multiple re-works of systems and mechanics within the expected content drops, not to mention full maps and new animals ( with AI programming, admitedly one of HL's main concerns ). No specific item in the roadmap has a set date to it or even a 100% firm commitment, they've made that very clear.

It would be naive to think these major reworks are going to come early in these steady drops, I'm fully expecting us to get some new tool variants and minor changes in the first drops, like some animations and basic changes and having the thick end of the content after the middle and more likely towards the end of the year. Animals and systems would involve a lot more building, testing, balancing and polishing than for example a big map or new crafting recipes and items. I have a feeling these would be available more towards the tail end of the first season pass. These are just my two dimes, I'm just tempering expectations a bit.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

Yep, we are well within the expected dates. 

I hope nobody gets me wrong about this because I mean this is the most friendly way possible, but judging by the threads I'm reading and comments on other social media platforms, I feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment with the DLC content drops. If we recall the roadmap ( which granted was a bit vague and subject to change ), there are multiple re-works of systems and mechanics within the expected content drops, not to mention full maps and new animals ( with AI programming, admitedly one of HL's main concerns ). No specific item in the roadmap has a set date to it or even a 100% firm commitment, they've made that very clear.

It would be naive to think these major reworks are going to come early in these steady drops, I'm fully expecting us to get some new tool variants and minor changes in the first drops, like some animations and basic changes and having the thick end of the content after the middle and more likely towards the end of the year. Animals and systems would involve a lot more building, testing, balancing and polishing than for example a big map or new crafting recipes and items. I have a feeling these would be available more towards the tail end of the first season pass. These are just my two dimes, I'm just tempering expectations a bit.

I have to agree with you... I thought the wildlife AI would change when the cougar is introduced and I get the feeling that that will be the last drop.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Kain said:

Didn't mean to cause any angst with the question here I am just super pumped for more Long Dark content and was curious. Hype!!

Don't worry,this happens every time a fix or update is due..it's certainly not your fault..  I'm looking forward to getting the update too😊

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kain said:

Didn't mean to cause any angst with the question here I am just super pumped for more Long Dark content and was curious. Hype!!

My sincere apologies if my comment gave you that impression, it wasn't aimed at you or anybody in this thread in specific. I was talking in a more broad sense reading reddit and comments on twitter and here at the forums. I'm honestly enjoying the game as it is, and it definitely feels great having a ton of new stuff to look forward to.  

• Upvote 1

"Updates will be released on an 8-10 week cadence, with the timing and composition dependent on development realities. The specific content of each Part will be communicated leading up to each release"

We're all very much looking forward to what HL has in store for us.  I wouldn't be surprised if part 2 is slightly late due to quite a few "complications" with part 1.  I would think fixing bugs would trump the release of part 2.  I too wish there was more communication leading up the releases, but hasn't this always been a difficulty with game releases?  If they release info too early, and they don't meet what's reported, players get upset.  If they don't release information until they are CERTAIN of meeting what is reported, players get upset.  It's a no-win situation IMO.

Can't hurt to ask, but don't hold your breath for a response.  HL will communicate when they're ready.

Are we not already on week 10 of the 8-10 week timespan?

Update should be released this week and not just "news" next week. Why provide a time window at all when you know you are too slow and cant keep to it anyway

Edited by hipsu555
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, hipsu555 said:

Are we not already on week 10 of the 8-10 week timespan?

Update should be released this week and not just "news" next week. Why provide a time window at all when you know you are too slow and cant keep to it anyway

Probably due to all the unexpected bugs that turned up.. I'd rather have a bug fix than a due update.especially since a lot of the bugs are game breaking.

• Upvote 2