The Long Dark Updated to v2.00 [91441]

Admin

11 minutes ago, Andy_K said:

Is anyone else having massive problems with animals despawning since the last update?

I shot a bear square in the face with two arrows, then ducked into the hunter's lodge. Waited a few seconds and exited. The bear is gone, in his place are the two arrows I shot into him. I look around for a while, and then see the bear slowly walking towards the lodge from the gap next to the barn. Even aside from the arrows, there's no way I waited long enough for him to get there and turn around. It's almost as if he was removed from the hut and respawned again further off, near his cave. Needless to say, he didn't bleed out either.

I've also shot several deer and another bear I can't find the corpses of (they are recorded dead in the log), but I can't prove anything with those yet so I'll have to chalk it down to some more unfortunate than usual deer running patterns.

I've had vanishing bear and/or corpse for a while, even from several metres away without me going inside, I presume the fix for that hasn't been included in this update!  I haven't updated yet either for the record! I'm waiting for a  fix for the fix!🙂

• Upvote 1

That level of despawning is not normal. Going into an interior location doesn't instantly zap all wildlife. Sometimes it will if you rest or perform time consuming activities, especially if you're close to the day/night or weather change threshold, but bleed timers and so forth are supposed to continue when you switch regions, let alone just simply moving indoors/outdoors.

Edited by Andy_K
  • Upvote 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, Andy_K said:

That level of despawning is not normal. Going into an interior location doesn't instantly zap all wildlife. Sometimes it will if you rest or perform time consuming activities, especially if you're close to the day/night or weather change threshold, but bleed timers and so forth are supposed to continue when you switch regions, let alone just simply moving indoors/outdoors.

Sounds like from their original post that carcasses already existing in the region were fixed so as to not disappear, but they're still trying to sort out the player-killed ones. Kinda disappointing because that *should* be common-enough that they can troubleshoot and diagnose the issue but alas... we'll have to wait for another update it seems.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:28 PM, peteloud said:

WOW !   That was a big update.   

I was only aware of a small number of problems.  I can see how it took so long to do.

It's downloaded, now I can try it.😄

Addendum

Ugh, Ugh, I think I have problem already.  Blackrock is not included in the Journal, Surveyed Locations.  Or have I misunderstood something?

Some Survivors are having issues with Surveyed Locations. Blackrock isn't included in the Faithful Cartographer Achievement, but we are working to resolve a visual bug with Surveyed Locations that aren't appearing correctly. Thank you for your patience! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2022 at 4:49 AM, Andy_K said:

Is anyone else having massive problems with animals despawning since the last update?

I shot a bear square in the face with two arrows, then ducked into the hunter's lodge. Waited a few seconds and exited. The bear is gone, in his place are the two arrows I shot into him. I look around for a while, and then see the bear slowly walking towards the lodge from the gap next to the barn. Even aside from the arrows, there's no way I waited long enough for him to get there and turn around. It's almost as if he was removed from the hut and respawned again further off, near his cave. Needless to say, he didn't bleed out either.

I've also shot several deer and another bear I can't find the corpses of (they are recorded dead in the log), but I can't prove anything with those yet so I'll have to chalk it down to some more unfortunate than usual deer running patterns.

There is still an issue with animals killed by Players (we have resolved the issue with existing Carcasses). We will share more information as soon as it is available. 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:53 AM, Bearimpaler101 said:

may I ask mr. @Admin is this a prelude to episode 5 or just a bug update that's completely unrelated? Oh and what's linux?

All of the information about the Update is included in the Release Notes (it is not a prelude to Episode Five). Linux is an Operating System. Thank you for reaching out! 

I only do very minor stuff so maybe the answer is obvious and I just don't know enough.....but if you're supporting linux(yay, I just switched to linux because windows just gets worse with every update) why would you even bother with directX? Why not just make vulcan/GL the default since it works with everything?

On 4/7/2022 at 1:37 PM, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Thanks as ever HL- makes sense now why you held back on a big fix rather then lots of smaller updates.

Is it just my imagination, or has the cooked venison inventory icon been upgraded?!

I noticed that as well, and also, it appears that the icon for meat when carcass harvesting has been changed to a newer icon as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:13 AM, Admin said:

There is still an issue with animals killed by Players (we have resolved the issue with existing Carcasses). We will share more information as soon as it is available. 

Thanks for responding. Any information on this will be appreciated. Even a better understanding of what circumstances trigger it can help myself and others play around the issue.

Anyone having problems with crafting supplies disappearing? I just started making a bear roll and when I woke next morning I'd lost a hide and some guts!  

On a plus side the corpses are back at the crash site!! Yay!

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Anyone having problems with crafting supplies disappearing? I just started making a bear roll and when I woke next morning I'd lost a hide and some guts!  

Can you continue crafting the bedroll? At certain rates of completion materials are basically transferred to the crafted object. But generally that only happens later on

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

On a plus side the corpses are back at the crash site!! Yay!

That's weird check your inventory because it can say in progress but still not be craftable  even if you had the right stuff in the first place

4 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

That's weird check your inventory because it can say in progress but still not be craftable  even if you had the right stuff in the first place

I have checked it a few times and the crafting table one ! Even checked the floor a few times in case it got dropped but Nothing! 

[General] Optimized save data to help reduce the overall size of save files.

I'd kind of hoped this would be the solution to my issue, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I just got the update to download on Switch a couple of days ago, but as I'm playing today, I was able to get my game to save once, but after almost a day out exploring, it now won't save, once again. Same error message: "Attempt to Save game FAILED. Check that sufficient storage is available."

I have plenty of storage on my Switch. This is the only game currently on it, plus an SD card. Anyone have any advice? I stopped playing since December because of this issue and was told this update is supposed to have corrected it, but no luck. Am I missing something? I'm very reluctant to restart because this is my longest survival yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 7:29 AM, Leeanda said:

Not sure if this is related to the update but I've just had a bear carcass vanish.  I'd only took some meat, when I got back outside after maybe one hour it'd gone

We fixed an issue with pre-placed Carcasses, though there still appears to be an issue with animals killed in the game. We are working to resolve this and will provide an update as soon as one is available. Thank you for your patience.