The Long Dark Updated to v2.00 [91441]

Admin

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

We fixed an issue with pre-placed Carcasses, though there still appears to be an issue with animals killed in the game. We are working to resolve this and will provide an update as soon as one is available. Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks for the info!  If there's any other problems I'll file a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Conspiracy Potato said:

When will we see a fix for the volume slider?

We don't have an exact date at this time, but we are actively working to resolve this issue. We will post an update as soon as one is available. Thank you for your patience!

• Like 1

There were previous reports that if you enter the Mountaineering Hut the wood in the vicinity disappears. Until you walk away and it comes back. I'm just seeing the same at the Milton Basin cave. This may happen elsewhere too, but I haven't noticed it in other places yet. 

@Leeanda

Was the drastic increase in decay the carcass itself, or bags of meat from quartering rapidly decaying?
For my recent moose hunt, I opted to quarter... so far it's been two days and the bags are at around 60% condition.  Which also seems fast considering I quartered it pretty much immediately after downing it.  At this rate, I may not be able to get my moose fully harvested either.  Present observed decay rate seems to be double what's cited on the wiki (granted that I have no idea whether the rates listed on the wiki are accurate).

Do you have an idea what the decay rates on carcasses are intended to be (or historically were)?  If I remember right, isn't something like 4-5 days (giving carcasses a decay rate of 20-25% condition per game-day)?  How many days did your moose last before vanishing?

I'm not certain yet, but I may be experiencing something similar to you... I'm still trying to collect information and do intend on submitting a ticket to support.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

Was the drastic increase in decay the carcass itself, or bags of meat from quartering rapidly decaying?
For my recent moose hunt, I opted to quarter... so far it's been two days and the bags are at around 60% condition.  Which also seems fast considering I quartered it pretty much immediately after downing it.  At this rate, I may not be able to get my moose fully harvested either.  Present observed decay rate seems to be double what's cited on the wiki (granted that I have no idea whether the rates listed on the wiki are accurate).

Do you have an idea what the decay rates on carcasses are intended to be (or historically were)?  If I remember right, isn't something like 4-5 days (giving carcasses a decay rate of 20-25% condition per game-day)?  How many days did your moose last before vanishing?

I'm not certain yet, but I may be experiencing something similar to you... I'm still trying to collect information and do intend on submitting a ticket to support.

In regards to the moose I shot it at dusk. I took the hide but had to leave the rest as a blizzard blew up. First thing next morning I took some meat and it was about 60%. By the time I'd got most of the meat I could no longer get the guts. It told me  it was too far gone. I now have a lot of rancid meat.  Time wise it was half a day.  It shouldve been there for at least another day or two.

I have seen the same on ytube too. He couldn't finish harvesting either. Off topic slightly ,he was getting warmer weather on loper than I am on pilgrim. Very strange!

I'm trying to do a living off the land as well which makes it harder. 

I now have to quarter bear and moose.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

@Leeanda

Oh wow, I've not noticed anything that drastic... I will have to refrain for quartering the quarry of the next hunt I go on, to better rest to see if Carcass decay is out of control on my current run.

Thank you for the information.  I'm getting back into a more regular schedule and I hadn't had the chance to read over the more recent journaling of your latest personal challenge.  I look forward to reading about how you cope the issues you're experiencing on your run... unexpected increase of adversity would be putting it lightly.

Edited by ManicManiac

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

Oh wow, I've not noticed anything that drastic... I will have to refrain for quartering the quarry of the next hunt I go on, to better rest to see if Carcass decay is out of control on my current run.

Thank you for the information.  I'm getting back into a more regular schedule and I hadn't had the chance to read over the more recent journaling of your latest personal challenge.  I look forward to reading about how you cope the issues you're experiencing on your run... unexpected increase of adversity would be putting it lightly.

I'm not posting this run, I thought I'd have a nice quiet one before my next probably very brief challenge!  Will try a loper run to see if I could beat my previous one which was one day!🙂 

Given the decay rates and despawning problems at the moment I thought it best to wait for that one though.  

I'm glad I could help but it's odd that no one else has mentioned it. I hope it goes better for you as your run is difficult enough already. But it does seem that quartering is the way to go until the bugs fixed. Good luck and I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventure.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:07 PM, Serenity said:

There were previous reports that if you enter the Mountaineering Hut the wood in the vicinity disappears. Until you walk away and it comes back. I'm just seeing the same at the Milton Basin cave. This may happen elsewhere too, but I haven't noticed it in other places yet. 

I've just had that problem outside the cave in broken railroad. The one near the hunters blind.  I noticed it in several areas on my last run too.

Love the work. 

Do have a question about Faithful Cartographer, as I've been playing since before it existed and time away/updates have kept me from getting it quite a few times now. 

I see that surveyed locations aren't accurate; any tips for how figure what locations you have left? I'm almost done in-game now but, after loading in today, noticed that all of my regions are reset to zero and the map, while populated, is blank on names. 

4 hours ago, TheGoodDoctor said:

Love the work. 

Do have a question about Faithful Cartographer, as I've been playing since before it existed and time away/updates have kept me from getting it quite a few times now. 

I see that surveyed locations aren't accurate; any tips for how figure what locations you have left? I'm almost done in-game now but, after loading in today, noticed that all of my regions are reset to zero and the map, while populated, is blank on names. 

We apologize for the inconvenience here. This is a known issue we are working to resolve. 

In the meantime, you can try using "Force Reveal" in the detailed view of your Surveyed Locations Collections Journal.

Steps: 

• Open Journal
  • Navigate to Collections
  • Open the Surveyed Locations Collections screen
  • Press "Force Reveal" in the bottom right.
  • Navigate through each region and note which locations have been marked with a green check.

Any locations missing a green check will still need to be surveyed for the Faithful Cartographer achievement.

We hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to reach out with additional questions/concerns. 

Inkedscreen_23e5e3f4-647d-491a-9af0-055ef5ec23da_LI.thumb.jpg.08b8e63ea0f08a0e81f9878fff34a0fe.jpgscreen_14cf0b8b-0ffd-416c-870a-ffa803e44efa.thumb.png.b39e3b5cadc0f6b64b2713daa13ba496.png

I'm having issues with lagging in Milton and still at the cannery. The cannery has been on and off for quite a while and was reported  but I can't send video of it. Milton is worse but has only started recently and just seems to be round grey mother's area.

On 5/9/2022 at 1:29 PM, Leeanda said:

I'm having issues with lagging in Milton and still at the cannery. The cannery has been on and off for quite a while and was reported  but I can't send video of it. Milton is worse but has only started recently and just seems to be round grey mother's area.

Thank you for letting us know. If you have additional information, please don't hesitate to send it to us via our Support Portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Might not be the best place to say this .. I love this game.  I've just started a new run and 10 days in I've had a floating flashlight, a frozen/stuck wolf outside the door of mountaineer's Hut and a moose that got stuck ,disappeared then ran through a rock ,then skated off into the fog.  I'm not complaining either ,I love it🙂  

Edited by Leeanda

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Might not be the best place to say this .. I love this game.  I've just started a new run and 10 days in I've had a floating flashlight, a frozen/stuck wolf outside the door of mountaineer's Hut and a moose that got stuck ,disappeared then ran through a rock ,then skated off into the fog.  I'm not complaining either ,I love it🙂  

Thank you for sharing! 

• Upvote 1