Most obscure locations in TLD

I thought it might be fun to post some screenshots of some of the more "obscure" locations in The Long Dark, without providing any information concerning how to get there (apart from the picture itself).  Some of these little places are beautiful in their own ways, yet go unnoticed by some (many?).  I have marked this post with the [spoilers] tag, but please don't reveal the exact location in the comments.

Here's one place I visited only recently, after playing for hundreds of hours.  Tiny cave with some cedar and a couple pieces of coal.

20220217083039_1.thumb.jpg.9c050e7486f143549549d9c27103cb84.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

@Leeanda I will put the location of mine in my profile under "ABOUT ME".  I guess I didn't think this through 😬 Not sure if this forum software supports spoiler tags.

edit:  I put it in the "ABOUT ME" section of my profile, but it isn't clear to me if anyone but me can see it.  If no one else can see it, I have to wonder what the "ABOUT ME" section is used for.

Edited by I_eat_only_wolf_meat
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

@piddy3825 I think I know that one.  The bear spawn marker right next to the blind is distinctive.

yeah, this location has always intrigued me.  Only blind in the game where it appears the hunter was the one who got hunted.
that human skull and ribcage sticking outta the snow, gotta love Hinterlands sometimes macabre sense of humor.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

@Leeanda I will put the location of mine in my profile under "ABOUT ME".  I guess I didn't think this through 😬 Not sure if this forum software supports spoiler tags.

edit:  I put it in the "ABOUT ME" section of my profile, but it isn't clear to me if anyone but me can see it.  If no one else can see it, I have to wonder what the "ABOUT ME" section is used for.

Sorry just checked your profile! Couldn't see it! 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's me all over... Odd!   Don't really want to file yet another bug! Got over 6 already!  Lol😁

Haha I think you're very useful to the hinterland team with all the bugs you've been reporting. Either you play it a lot or you've just been really unlucky lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Did you use a mod for that? I haven't had anything in the back of a car since the update!

My recent run of Broken Railroad tests have had the pistol spawn in the back seat of that car a couple of times.  It has also spawned in the plant pot in the office once and on a shelf in the basement of the hunting lodge a couple of times.  The one possible spawn location in that zone for it that I haven't seen happen since the update is under the one bed in the Hunting Lodge.  I don't think there is a bug.  Rather RNG is RNG... and people have been mentioning that they want more randomness in this game.  As new possible spawn locations are being added (i.e. everything in Blackrock), the distribution of items across all those possible spawn points can get more erratic.  (The custom sets I use for these sorts of "loot distribution" tests push the amount of loot possible in the game to it's maximum - i.e. there's more loot overall than in Pilgrim).

Edited by UpUpAway95