Most obscure locations in TLD

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Interesting find

screen_9e1c2c0e-f56f-4089-90ae-e69d41f809bb_hi.thumb.png.581d54f6a7979b796b921ac076b2a40d.png

screen_ded73764-8cb3-4aee-bebf-0d8135514bf3_hi.thumb.png.54fc22ad95aa632ce1994aa3cebd85e3.png

retrieved yet another flare gun and 5 shells

Somebody let @Leeanda know as she's collecting flareguns and shells so she can complete her moose challenge!

Where am I?

Reveal hidden contents

bottom of the ravine in Keeper's Pass North

Thanks! I knew that one! Not going there without the bear roll though, way too cold!🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

retrieved yet another flare gun and 5 shells

I hate that location.  You're probably already cold by the time you get there, and then you have to climb your way out.  Plus, that looks like one of those rare "no indoor zone" caves.  The first screenshot I posted in this thread is another example of those.

yeah it is a pretty unhospitable spots.  fair amount of firewood about and I did have some coal on me.  
It is/was wind protected so staying warm wasn't too bad.  I brought my own bag cause a 2C spruce bough bed
wasn't going to cut it very long.  I took a 2 hour nap, brewed some fresh coffee and got the heck outta there as
soon as I was able.   Was suffering from Hypothermia by the time I made it to the trailer in Keeper's Pass South!

• Upvote 3

On 2/18/2022 at 1:09 PM, piddy3825 said:

If you were trapped in a frozen Hell during a blizzard and freezing to death, why would get out of the car?

Reminds me of my question regarding corpses found in the "cold zone" at the front of caves vs. the "warm zone" at the back of the cave.  I had a persistent replier who was adamant it was due to hypothermia...

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Reminds me of my question regarding corpses found in the "cold zone" at the front of caves vs. the "warm zone" at the back of the cave.  I had a persistent replier who was adamant it was due to hypothermia...

well hypothermia would maybe help to explain the why.   I think I remember reading that one of the symptoms of advanced hypothermia is that somewhere in the process the victim actually believes they are too hot and some bodies have been found IRL where the corpse is competely naked as the victim has removed most if not all their clothing in an attempt to "cool" off.  

On 3/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, piddy3825 said:

well hypothermia would maybe help to explain the why.   I think I remember reading that one of the symptoms of advanced hypothermia is that somewhere in the process the victim actually believes they are too hot and some bodies have been found IRL where the corpse is competely naked as the victim has removed most if not all their clothing in an attempt to "cool" off.  

Yeah, kinnda weird huh?  Normally, our bodies give us warning signs to keep us alive - in that case, our mind is trying to kill us!

• Upvote 1