What's your longest burning fire?

Silverhour

I've had this fire going for almost 3 weeks, but I've heard others went into the 600+ hour range. I'm angling to keep this burning as long as possible and wanted to know what others had reached. Keeps the game interesting when you have less than 12 hours to accomplish anything...

668485060_firetime.thumb.png.2af222a69f6f528e924aa2a66f66c451.png

Edited by Silverhour
misworded a line
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, Silverhour said:

I've had this fire going for almost 3 weeks, but I've heard others went into the 600+ hour range. I'm angling to keep this burning as long as possible and wanted to know what others had reached. Keeps the game interesting when you have less than 12 hours to accomplish anything...

668485060_firetime.thumb.png.2af222a69f6f528e924aa2a66f66c451.png

Congrats on hitting the three week mark. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this must be easy.  All you have to do is use the Edit mod to give yourself a million Coal and Fir Firewood then start a fire in a cave near a great souce of food, i.e. the Deer Clearing in TWM.  You could  sleep or rest most of time and have an occasional trip out to kill deer.

No, I don't use mods, but many do.

21 hours ago, peteloud said:

I think that this must be easy.  All you have to do is use the Edit mod to give yourself a million Coal and Fir Firewood then start a fire in a cave near a great souce of food, i.e. the Deer Clearing in TWM.  You could  sleep or rest most of time and have an occasional trip out to kill deer.

I would like to assume they did not use mods to accomplish this.  If they did, heck, why you're at it, give yourself 1000 bear meat!

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, peteloud said:

While I DO use QoL mods, I assure you all the fuel for this fire was collected legitimately, mostly fir and cedar logs that spawned within the Ravine and Mystery Lake. The Dam contains a considerable amount of reclaim wood, and sticks are always plentiful. I never even came close to running out of fuel, there was always a blizzard rolling through to knock some branches and limbs loose. After the second storm didn't snuff out my flame I sort of stopped stressing about it and no, the fire was never threatened by the weather. When I decided to move on I still had about 118 sticks and 6 or 8 cedar logs in reserve, and there was plenty left on the ground. I truly feel I could have kept this fire going indefinitely.

7 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

What's the QoL mod

It means Quality of Life, things like the wooden statuettes, a wider variety of foods, different clothing options, that sort of thing. Nothing game breaking of cheating. I don't use the developers console to spawn in things unearned, for instance. I don't have any weapons dialed up for one hit kills, or in some sort of god mode where attacks don't do damage.

• 1 month later...

I've never tried the challenge to keep it burning for as long as possible. I do have the achievement for the practical reasons. On Loper I went to the Muskeg Forge to craft the entire set of survival stuff and also explored that side of the map while the fire kept burning. It lasted around 4 days.

I just recently hit 500 days on a loper with guns save, so decided to go for a 500 hour/20 day fishing marathon out on crystal lake, took down the condition of roughly 4x imp hatchets and 1or 2 hacksaw repairs to collect all the wood.😄

Next challenge is to grab my imp knives and hatchets and fight through the timberwolves in blackrock for repairs😟

If all goes well my survivor will be able to live almost indefinitely at the Mountaineers retirement palace.

Edited by sierra 117