Black rock bear

Jynxer

I’ve read that there is a bear right in the prison yard somewhere, and I’ve looked for her. I haven’t been successful in finding her, I was wondering if someone can tell me exactly where she is, inside the yard or out???  Maybe ive been unlucky with spawns but I’ve looked on 3 different save files for her lol. Someone gimme a hint  please  where is she and where is her den???😀😀

2 hours ago, Jynxer said:

I’ve read that there is a bear right in the prison yard somewhere, and I’ve looked for her. I haven’t been successful in finding her, I was wondering if someone can tell me exactly where she is, inside the yard or out???  Maybe ive been unlucky with spawns but I’ve looked on 3 different save files for her lol. Someone gimme a hint  please  where is she and where is her den???😀😀

Yes it's normally in the yard so I'm afraid you're just unlucky.  I have that problem with the moose at desolation, never had him! 🙂

13 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

I've never had a bear in the Prison yard. I've been to Black Rock 4 or 5 different times for at least a week in-game time.

I play on Pilgrim, so it may be it's not a spawn site on that setting?

Im on pilgrim and it's been there so I think it's just random.

Finally encountered it on Interloper. Was just about to make my way down the rope at the back prison complex. He turned around the corner. 
I was able to wait inside the fenced in area with the rope, scare him and then make a run past him. 
Advantage: there was no wolf due to the bear. 
-t

59 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Finally encountered it on Interloper. Was just about to make my way down the rope at the back prison complex. He turned around the corner. 
I was able to wait inside the fenced in area with the rope, scare him and then make a run past him. 
Advantage: there was no wolf due to the bear. 
-t

I've seen that wolf on ytube vids. It always seems to just run from one end to the other ,  yelping!  

Glad you managed to escape !

@hozz1235  I've seen him in there a few times, but I don't understand where he spawns in.

As you face the large formal entrance of the prison (near the bus and cars), there is a little section of fence on your left.  You can see him there through the chainlink whenever he can fit you into his schedule.

edit: I saw him in interloper.  Not sure if that matters.

Edited by I_eat_only_wolf_meat